Bastian Solutions Employee Reviews

Great place to start a career
N/A (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN20 June 2019
I have really enjoyed my career with Bastian Solutions. My manager is friendly and always works to get me the answers I need. I really anticipate staying for the long haul! There are a lot of great things happening here!
Good to learn
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka14 October 2018
Good for beginners and new learners, lots of opportunities given to all to learn in areas of their interest. Exposure to international work standards really helps to build the career.
Tough work environment
Support Developer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY2 October 2018
Worked out of support. The company was always late on deadlines and it made it tough on the employees. Some of the methodologies were a little outdated...
Pros
Cool people...
Cons
Lots of travel, unorganized work
Quick pace, challenging, but you will learn
Project Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY27 September 2018
Willing to take a chance on people new to the industry but no training program in place. You will get thrown into the deep end almost immediately. They won’t let you sink but you’ll feel like you are.
Family friendly- when you’re home
Great co workers
Travel
Very relaxed atmosphere but work hard play hard
- not enough skilled developers / qa
Pros
Catered lunches sometimes, great morale committee, good pay, family like
Cons
See above
Great Company to Work For
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Michigan28 June 2018
Really good company to work for. I have a seen a lot of growth during my time at Bastian, but they continue to keep the strong company culture. The President is in the interview process for a large amount of the hires. They really care for employees, though at times because of the workload, it does not always show. Things change everyday so it keep is exciting, but forces you to wear a lot of hats.The workload can be demanding, but compensation has incentives that make it fair. Paid for the value.
Pros
Great culture, growing company, friendly people
Cons
Demanding at times, usually because of customers
Good job out of college
Administration (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN15 November 2017
Bastian is a good place to work out of college when you are not married and have no children. The work life balance is heavy on the work side and depending on which department you work for compensation can be more than fair to just fair. I wish my boss would fight more for our department and its needs (not wants, but needs). Some areas need about 20+ years of upgrades while others are up to date, it just depends on what department you work for.
Pros
Friendly people, great office environment
Cons
Behind the times in my department and unwilling to do anything about it
A Cut Above
Mid-Level Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN22 September 2017
Bastian is a great place to work. Even though it has grown so much in the last 10 years, it remains a family oriented company. I don't always agree with management decisions, but I can respect those decisions. And that is hugely important to me. The days go by very fast. It is a challenge to manage multiple priorities as they can change almost hourly. Even on a bad day, it is good in that people pull together and really care about each other. Everyone has their job descriptions but they aren't limited by them, they will help another person out as needed. Bastian workplace is a challenging atmosphere in which I'm always growing, and I have the autonomy to accomplish what needs to be done.
Pros
People, Teamwork, Excellent tools for doing the job, Quality leadership, Solid financial decisions by upper level mgmt
Cons
Need to be intentional about balancing work and personal
Great Compensation
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN22 June 2017
This ia a great company to work for. Many people succeed in the work of this company and it pays very well. The work life balance is a little sided to mainly "Work" but it isn't terrible. The management is great especially at the Indianapolis Corporate office. Some positions require a lot of travel, however mine was minimal.
Know what you're getting into...
Project Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MS24 May 2017
Pros
* Pay is relatively good and you have opportunity for bonuses and commissions… even though the commission structure is incredibly confusing and not normally followed (per company policy)

Cons
* Incredibly "siloed" organization with inconsistent and unpredictable management
* Very poor communication and cooperation between the silos
* Was just acquired by Toyota Material Handling, so lots of uncertainty for future
* Sales engineer in the Memphis, TN office was incredibly difficult to deal with and was very unprofessional in front of clients
* Not family-friendly
* Lots of travel at the drop of a hat
* Tons of expectations of your time and being available at any time/shift with very little notice
* Definitely not a 8-5 position
* Lots of rejection
* A lot of work (months) will go into a project quote and nothing will come of it
Unmanager
Control system Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN24 January 2017
Is good company to work, but unfortunately we didn't have opportunity to grow with company.

environment is really good;
everybody like family;
Line worker
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, IN8 July 2015
Basically had to work according to blueprints. Help assist the coordinator day to day with either supplying the line with either parts or helping them out with the blueprints. It was not that hard but very fast paced and it was acually quite enjoyable.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Not that much pay
Challenging and fun place to work
Robotics Engineer/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO18 January 2014
Great automation company with potential growth, fun and professional employees.
Pros
Advanced automation hand on the job
Cons
co workers