Baskin-Robbins

Canada10 reviews

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,976 reviews
robbinscreamicescoopcakecustomerstoreshift

micromanaging manager

you will never have downtime and my manager tended to be very anale about being off by 5grams on a icecream scoop. would reccomend doing forearms excercises before applying

Cons

no downtime

Decent place to work at for high school students, management can be difficult to communicate with. Staff was fun sometimes. Work life balance is decent if you are in high school.

Insights into Baskin-Robbins

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

fun place to work but I had a terrible manager at my location

- a really great place to work and worked well with fellow employees - however, my manager at the time was by far the most difficult manager I have ever worked with - they gave me shifts outside of my availability and made me feel guilty for not complying to their schedule needs (instead of hiring more employees) - this person has made other employees upset because of their rude behaviour and language, and their failure to manage a schedule ahead of time for workers

Positive Work Environment

Baskin Robbins provided a positive learning opportunity. Learned customer service and communication skills. The manager was understanding and encouraging.

Okay workplace, fun but stressful

Management was really confusing with what they wanted in employees. No benefits at all and was barely allowed to take breaks. Co-workers & training made it bareable and over all an okay first job experience.

Pros

Good Training

Cons

No breaks

Productive and fun workplace

The first thing I would do when I started my shift was cutting cakes, and after that I would be serving customers or restocking various items, such as cups, tubs of ice cream etc. At the end of the day I would clean the shop, which included the floors, windows and counters. I learned how to use a point of sales system and how to talk to customers. I also learned how to conduct monetary transactions. My manager was very helpful and patient with me, as I needed to learn how to make many different types of ice-cream related foods. The hardest part of the job was remembering the specific amount of ingredients that there were in each different product, and the proper way to make them. There was a lot of stuff to remember and sometimes I forgot what the proper amount was. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers .

Pros

Free ice cream after each shift

Cons

Hard work

Poorly managed Baskin-Robbins franchise.

Overall, poorly managed Baskin-Robbins franchise. Because of poor management, the location often ran out of inventory and there were not enough employees working at a time.

I learned all the flavours of ice cream

I didn't get much out of this job except for money. I was working alone every shift so I was often bored and lonely and sometimes overwhelmed. My manager was disorganized and unreliable. However, I have heard of and seen other locations that are run much better than mine was and I think it can be a very good place to work at.

Pros

A lot of down time, learned a lot about ice cream and cakes

Cons

Worked alone

Good experience, could be better.

Good work experience, not so great work environment, but I was able to meet new people everyday. Some issues with work schedule but things eventually got ironed out.

Fun working

Everything enjoyed. Good environment Nice employees Adaptive environment Not to much hard work to do Mostly enjoyed doing conversation with the customer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baskin-Robbins. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement