Baskin-Robbins

Canada12 reviews

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,975 reviews
robbinscreamicescoopcakecustomerstoreshift

Pretty Fun, What You Would Expect

As the title says, the job is fairly straightforward. However, it can be fairly busy. You spend most of the day either serving customers or doing other "behind-the-scene" tasks when the stores are empty. It can be very fast-paced and stressful at times, but overall, it's a pleasant experience.

Pros

Flexible & Fun

Cons

May have to stay hours past closing

Fast paced work environment

Fast paced work environment, need to memorize a lot of things in the menu. Practicing scooping ice cream was very important as the managers want the scoop to look perfect. I get free ice cream sometimes

Insights into Baskin-Robbins

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Draining and zero consideration for employees

I’ve worked here for over four years and for the quantity of tasks we are responsible to take care of as a “general employee”, minimum wage is unacceptable. There is no management hierarchy so regardless of how long you’ve been with the team or how hard you work, you won’t get a promotion or raise (even if you’re training other employees, cake decorating, etc.). The schedule is often flexible but don’t expect to get a lot of hours (we usually get 5hr shifts 2x a week for most of the year, except summer when we close later). Also, absolutely NO breaks or break room, especially if it’s a busy day (which is almost everyday when the weather warms up) so regardless of the length of your shift, if there’s customers you have no choice but to work the entirety of it. Might be a good summer job for kids in high school but you can definitely find better.

Good first job

It’s very slow paced, not many customers and you need to always be looking like your doing something because the cameras are watching, no phones allowed at all, rude staff who criticize others. Great discount

Pros

Discount

Cons

No hours, rude employees

Fun place to work, not a lot of work to do and you get free ice-cream.

The place is fun to work, not a lot of work to do in the winters but can get quite packed around summer time. Upside to working at Baskin Robbins is you get free ice cream for every shift.

It was okay

This job teaches you how to work with others and how to talk to customers. As a first job, it was a great experience that I do not regret because of all the learning opportunities. The job itself was very fun on the other hand the management was not really great and "professional".

crew member

A typical day at Baskin Robbins includes maintaining the integrity of the house and serving customers. scooping ice cream all day and cleaning scooping supplies.

good experience, but little to no hours

I loved working for Baskin-Robbins, the environment was very kind and I learned a lot of things that I never knew before. However, I haven't received any shifts from the location that I work at, so that's prohibited me to make any sort of income and it has stopped me from gaining any more experience from them. I do acknowledge that not every location is the same, however my experience was not as well as others. But please take my words as a small grain of salt because I said before, not every location is the same

It was really bad

There wasn't much enjoyable about the job. Management was constantly threatening my job security and I wasnt trained well. They also tried not pay me for overtime. It was not fun.

Pros

nothing

Cons

really bad training and management

Great summertime workplace with the sweet smell of ice cream

A typical day of work consists of making shakes and scooping ice cream for customers that come into the shop after school, or after work. You will often work with families and students that come there either in the late afternoon, or after dinner (near closing time). The management is very loose, and most of the training is done by coworkers; it is a very independent-focused job. If you need constant guidance, this is not the job for you! Most of the workers are high school aged, and are all-female. The hardest part of the job is probably lifting the heavy tubs of ice cream, withstanding the cold temperature of the freezers, and scooping fresh, hard-packed frozen ice cream (watch out - your wrists are going to hurt after the first week!) The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can snack on ice cream and sit back as your dominant arm becomes ripped because of all that scooping!

Pros

Free ice cream, Week-long training

Cons

Late hours, Only female workers, No breaks

Not for everyone

The food industry is not suitable for everyone. The customers are rude and inconsiderate but the co-workers are nice. The manager was also very accommodating.

Fun depends on the location and management

Its a fun place to work as your first job or second but it really depends on who owns the store. I enjoyed making waffle cones and writing on ice cream cakes. It gets pretty hectic when its busy but still fun.

Pros

free scoop

Cons

owner

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baskin-Robbins. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement