Baskin-Robbins

Toronto, ON20 reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,976 reviews
robbinscreamicescoopcakecustomerstoreshift

Fun but underpaid

Free ice cream, able to decorate cake, however was working alone every time,and have responsibilities of manager, store lead, crew member but paid minimun wagers

Pretty Fun, What You Would Expect

As the title says, the job is fairly straightforward. However, it can be fairly busy. You spend most of the day either serving customers or doing other "behind-the-scene" tasks when the stores are empty. It can be very fast-paced and stressful at times, but overall, it's a pleasant experience.

Pros

Flexible & Fun

Cons

May have to stay hours past closing

Insights into Baskin-Robbins

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Not bad, good for students

Worked there for a year and honestly it wasn't a bad job at all. Co-workers were super nice and you get free ice cream ! Summer got super hectic as expected but it makes the shift go quicker

Fun job, good for students or people looking for a first part-time job

Very fun job, especially if you get along with your coworkers. The job is easy-going and easily adjustable. Requires collaborative effort as a team, and customer service skills. Learned a lot working here as a first time job.

Pros

Ice cream

Friendly management, no incentives to stay

I’ve worked there for almost 2 years no pay increase being the person who worked the most, so I lost motivation, to be fair they offered me a pay increase that depended on the store making more sales but we never hit sales quota so I was never given any pay increase. Management was super friendly and lovely! They were super accommodating and loved to take care of their employees in other ways than being payed which was nice and probably the reason I stayed for 2 years

Productive and fun to work

Refilled and rotated items on shelves to maintain well-stocked inventory. Stocked and cleaned grocery shelves, bulk bins and freezer and dairy cases. Upheld standards of cleanliness, food handling and safety. Accepted both cash and credit card payments according to established company procedures. Engaged customers warmly and provided immediate and dedicated assistance.

A little bit stressful workplace but fun at the same time

I really like Baskin Robbins and I would recommend it to everyone. My only problem is that I have been working really hard, assigned a lot of heavy tasks but my salary is the same and even lower than my co-workers whose tasks are much easier. Overall, I had fun and good experiences and if I can raise my salary a bit higher I would be really happy to keep on being a member of Baskin Robbins

crew member

A typical day at Baskin Robbins includes maintaining the integrity of the house and serving customers. scooping ice cream all day and cleaning scooping supplies.

Great products!

One of the best jobs in the restaurant business. The environment is family-oriented, which is always a plus as my psychological temperament tilts towards openness and creativity.

Poorly managed Baskin-Robbins franchise.

Overall, poorly managed Baskin-Robbins franchise. Because of poor management, the location often ran out of inventory and there were not enough employees working at a time.

Not for everyone

The food industry is not suitable for everyone. The customers are rude and inconsiderate but the co-workers are nice. The manager was also very accommodating.

I learned all the flavours of ice cream

I didn't get much out of this job except for money. I was working alone every shift so I was often bored and lonely and sometimes overwhelmed. My manager was disorganized and unreliable. However, I have heard of and seen other locations that are run much better than mine was and I think it can be a very good place to work at.

Pros

A lot of down time, learned a lot about ice cream and cakes

Cons

Worked alone

Welcoming environment at Bakin Robbins

The overall environment within Baskin Robbins was very welcoming. My fellow employees were also very approachable and were all willing to help. The hardest part of the job was to handle many customers especially during times were our venue was extremely busy.

Pros

Free Icecream

Cons

extremely busy at times

Creative, fun, friendly work environment

This store gives employee chances to be creative, explore, and work within your strength. Employer are cooperative, schedule can be flexible according your personal schedule.

Pros

Flexible schedule.

Cons

Sometime, work is extremely intense during busy hours.

Working at Baskin Robbins

- Not enough employees working a shift. - Too much expected from employees. - Lack of communication in the management team. - Lack of communication between management and employees.

Fun and lively workplace

Baskin Robbins is a good entrance level job as it helps develop communication skills between customers and co-workers as well as a general understanding of the franchise and retail industry. The workplace is very clean and friendly.

Pros

Flexible hours.

Cons

Very slow paced during colder seasons.

Fun place to work at

It is definitely a great place to work at. My co-workers were about the same age so we could easily have a conversation during breaks. The typical day includes preparing and selling orders to customers as well as maintaining a clean store. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to interact with both co-workers and customers. The hardest part of the job was mainly dealing with dissatisfied customers.

Pros

Convenient location

Cons

Standing for entire shift

productive , fun workplace

fun workplace, manager is approachable, I enjoyed talking to other people, friendly environment, people are easy to be with

Pros

launches, breaks

Cons

A great place for beginning your experience in the workforce

~ This is where it all began for me. Learning the basics for customer service, customer care and customer relations ~ I learned the basics I would need, to carry me forward in the Customer Service/Customer Relations field ~ Cashier experience, Money handling, Refunds, Stock and Merchandising, all became skills I would need in future jobs. ~ Co-workers were enjoyable to be around. I learned my skills of team work, in this job ~ I didn't find anything "hard" about this job. It was truly a great experience ~ The most enjoyable part, was learning the basics I would need for future jobs. ~ I had a wonderful Manager, who was very patient and willing to teach.

Pros

good pay for a beginners position, good hours for a summer job

Cons

None that I can think of

fun workplace with co-workers dealing with some friendly regular customers.

I need to be flexible in order to satisfy employer's demand.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baskin-Robbins. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement