Baskin-Robbins

Mississauga, ON15 reviews

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,976 reviews
robbinscreamicescoopcakecustomerstoreshift

micromanaging manager

you will never have downtime and my manager tended to be very anale about being off by 5grams on a icecream scoop. would reccomend doing forearms excercises before applying

Cons

no downtime

Draining and zero consideration for employees

I’ve worked here for over four years and for the quantity of tasks we are responsible to take care of as a “general employee”, minimum wage is unacceptable. There is no management hierarchy so regardless of how long you’ve been with the team or how hard you work, you won’t get a promotion or raise (even if you’re training other employees, cake decorating, etc.). The schedule is often flexible but don’t expect to get a lot of hours (we usually get 5hr shifts 2x a week for most of the year, except summer when we close later). Also, absolutely NO breaks or break room, especially if it’s a busy day (which is almost everyday when the weather warms up) so regardless of the length of your shift, if there’s customers you have no choice but to work the entirety of it. Might be a good summer job for kids in high school but you can definitely find better.

Insights into Baskin-Robbins

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

fun workplace

Not all the Baskin Robbins are the same but the one at Square One Mall is absolutely the best I think, great staff and boss relationship, what fun it is to scoop ice cream.

very good place for students to work

Hardest part was dealing with picky customers. Besides that, during slow times you could do your homework or just relax. I learned how to scoop ice cream perfectly, and also how to decorate cakes to make them look pretty.

Busy workplace in summer

_ I was working in Baskin Robbins for three months it was a good experience, but at the end the manger used to put me three to four hours in a week, so that was the main reason that i left my job.

too much responsibility for one employee

there is one manger and around 5 employees. there is not enough employees in a shift to complete all the task that need to be done. the manger is very nice and understanding.

Pros

free ice cream

Cons

not that fun and the environment was toxic

i did not like working there,the hours were horrible and the environment was toxic. the boss was not good and the job was not enjoyable at all. i hated going

fun place to work but I had a terrible manager at my location

- a really great place to work and worked well with fellow employees - however, my manager at the time was by far the most difficult manager I have ever worked with - they gave me shifts outside of my availability and made me feel guilty for not complying to their schedule needs (instead of hiring more employees) - this person has made other employees upset because of their rude behaviour and language, and their failure to manage a schedule ahead of time for workers

fun and delicious

very fun place to work. Enjoyed working there for most of my employement. Customers were great other than those few rare ones. A typical days consists of cleaning, making cakes, pints, pizza's, sundaes and more. Only issue were the cockroaches. But, this particular area was infested throughout the whole mall. Generally BR was kept clean and did as much as possible to keep out the roaches.

Pros

free ice cream

Cons

cockroaches

product fun

good management excellent environment technical job opportunity good training professional management equality talent searcher excellent recruitment process

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Baskin-Robbins?

Okay workplace, fun but stressful

Management was really confusing with what they wanted in employees. No benefits at all and was barely allowed to take breaks. Co-workers & training made it bareable and over all an okay first job experience.

Pros

Good Training

Cons

No breaks

Productive and fun workplace

The first thing I would do when I started my shift was cutting cakes, and after that I would be serving customers or restocking various items, such as cups, tubs of ice cream etc. At the end of the day I would clean the shop, which included the floors, windows and counters. I learned how to use a point of sales system and how to talk to customers. I also learned how to conduct monetary transactions. My manager was very helpful and patient with me, as I needed to learn how to make many different types of ice-cream related foods. The hardest part of the job was remembering the specific amount of ingredients that there were in each different product, and the proper way to make them. There was a lot of stuff to remember and sometimes I forgot what the proper amount was. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers .

Pros

Free ice cream after each shift

Cons

Hard work

Great

Very fun, great place to work. All you do is scoop ice cream, eat ice cream, serve customers, write on cakes, sell cakes, clean the machines, mop, sweep etc.

This job could be stressful, but overall it was enjoyable.

This job consisted of serving customers, and making ice cream cakes. This job required memorizing a variety of recipes, as well as placements of different flavours all around the store. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the strict management, who would often yell and get very angry for minor issues.

Pros

Free Ice Cream Scoop Every Shift

Cons

Harsh Management

My first work experience

This is my first part-time job. And I got huge advantage after I finish this period. My parents also happy for me to earn money by myself. I bought gifts to my every friends and parents by using the first salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baskin-Robbins. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement