Baskin-Robbins

Baskin-Robbins: 1,976 Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,976 reviews
robbinscreamicescoopcakecustomerstoreshift

Fun but underpaid

Free ice cream, able to decorate cake, however was working alone every time,and have responsibilities of manager, store lead, crew member but paid minimun wagers

A fine casual job with unprofessional owners

The girls I worked with were the kindest and most friendly people who I am still friends with to this day. The job is fairly easy in its essence but owners push workers as young as 15 to close stores alone at 9pm which causes stress and anxiety.

Insights into Baskin-Robbins

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Wonderful place to work

This is a very enjoyable place to work when it comes to food service. The manager here is the best manager I have ever had and the coworkers are so amazing and nice. If you're looking for a family-like work environment, this is it. Most of the coworkers are in high school though so if you're older, it might be harder to relate to some of them.

Pros

The manager is amazing, family-like environment, generally happy environment

Cons

Pay could be better, Corporate can have very high standards, No full-time work

Machines were so loud

I couldn’t hear the customers order it was so loud in there. The manager made us weigh each scoop of ice cream on a scale. That’s so embarrassing to a customer

Fun first job

First job in Highschool , can’t complain it was an easy job and I loved my co workers and customers.

Awful, Received No Training and Fired Because of it.

I was only given three shifts to learn everything, however, I was not trained by the managers, but by teenagers who changed every shift. I was put under immense pressure being rostered during rush hours. Eventually, I was fired as I had a panic attack during a rush. They also ignored my availability and I had to work when I said I couldn't.

Pros

Easy to get to

Cons

No breaks, lack of training

Enjoyable but stressful at times.

Although it's very fun at times. It gets very stressful due to the large amount of customers and with management at your back telling you to go faster. It almost broke me during my first week.The most enjoyable part of the job:I can't say I loved the smile on people's faces when I handed them their ice cream, because there's rarely enough time for that. However, surprisingly, I enjoyed cleaning more, because it meant a break from ice cream scooping and I could take my time. Not as stressful.I also want to mention cleanliness. When I first arrived I was repulsed by a lot of things: 1. mopping but leaving syrups on the floor, because you need to do it fast.2. Cleaning the blenders, by just putting some water in then re using. (My problem with this is that sometimes there was leftover caramel or chocolate and it would mix.That's why I enjoy cleaning, because management allows me to take my time mopping and scrubbing so things are actually clean.

Very fun but always busy

By far my favourite job I had, worked from 15yrs old to 17 and was honestly so much fun. Everyone at the place was so much fun and I would get excited to go in for my shifts. My store closed at 10pm on a school night which was a bit tricky at first but got used to it. Made so many friends and it once u learn everything it’s quite simple. I also had to make the icecream cakes which was so fun and train people how to as well.

Many rumors and drama daily

Don't want to listen to issues that arise and blame crew for issues that arw clearly management problems. Not fairly paid and over worked. Excluded from store events when trying to bring up problematic issues. Threatening comments. Told we dont have an HR department. Master manipulator for management.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Degrading management, hostile work environment, promised advancement without actual promises kept, ignored when issues arise

Fun

was pretty cool, I enjoyed scooping Ice cream for customers of all walks of life, kids to adults to grandparents, They would get so much joy added to their day and it was lit

Working for this store

Such a great job role, but the owners didnt speak clear English, which made things difficult to explain orders aswell as communication through team members .Very dissapointed in the way they employe young girl and then cause they arnt fast enough they tell them to go no need for you.Sometimes members got paid training other didn't. Not trained by a manager and have to learn things through team members. . And can give you an unfair dismissal.

Pros

You meet amazing customers so they return to store

Cons

Always lefted by yourself.

Not recommend

Honestly, the job itself was easy in multiple ways however the employees and manager…a completely other story. Store not kept clean, employer expects for you to come in whenever needed no matter your situation. Unreasonable.

I enjoyed and learn lot of things by baskin robbins.or my future career.

Baskin Robbins is a most famous brand name of ice cream and cakes all over the world. I was happy and verry greatfull for having wonderful times as a worker in baskin robbins.

Fun Workplace

Everybody was amazing from management to employees. The was a good for a high school job and management worked well with school schedule. The customers were amazing and patience

Owners were never there, no managers

A bunch of teenagers were set to run the store. Not very good organization or communication. Owners wouldn’t even pay minimum wage to some employees. Managers seemed pretty shady

Pretty good place to work in if it's your first job

A great place to work at if it's your first job. To get something onto your resume, but don't expect to get paid much. You're in it for the experience.

Good place to work but if you are trying to pay bills it’s not the place

Very few days on schedule , great customers though and easy job , tips are great as well, good experience as a manger because you get to close alone or work alone

Good first job

Depending on if you do night or day shift your duties are slightly different. Morning shift is used for prep , stocking , making waffle cones/bowls and the occasional customer. Night is alot of drink and sundae making with cleaning once closed whichever usually takes 40 min. It's a easy job but it's the customers who make it a pain. You'd be surprised how serious people are about ice cream and no matter how ridiculous you have to find a solution. The manager won't do anything about the customers so it's all up to you for dealing with them.

Happy workplace

This was a fun place to work. Owners were very supportive and had employees’ best interests in mind. Just like any other job, other employees can be great or frustrating.

Easy great for teens

Easiest job ever! worked there all 4 years of high school. not much to it but customers can get super annoying and pay isnt great. overall a great first job

Productive workplace

The manager at first quite good for 2-3 months but after that she quite stressful and keep blaming others mistakes. Employees do manager work. But other employee is supportive and help each other. you can have a different type of ice cream everyday as a free staff meal

Pros

Less stress if no promo

Cons

Manager not good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baskin-Robbins. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement