BASF Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 2,316 reviews
Terrible place to work don’t waist 4 years of your life like me!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 March 2019
Terrible place to work! Management is aweful and doesn’t pay well for the horrible work life balance. They don’t realize it’s extremely horrible on the body working 7 am to 7 pm then switching over and working from 7pm to 7am the next day! I worked there around 4 years and I turned down a job offer as a shift lead because the pay was to low. They then tried to find any reason to try to get rid of me. I ended up having an argument with a long term employee and excepted a severance package that paid me for 3 months after my last shift. That’s what they do when you finally stand up and say I’m not taking this! they chop off your head and employ a new worker and pay him five bucks less. I Didn’t miss a shift in 4 years and it still was the worst management I’ve ever dealt with in my life.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else
Very intense place to work
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta22 November 2018
Had a good time here but the demands for the family out weighed the demands of the travel. Had to make a choice that met my family life better and was home for 2 great kids.
Large corporation with large benefits...
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2018
Work environment in the office has changed over the last 5 years and many 35-45 years old people have left. Little room to grow for middle management.
Pros
Family activities
BASF is a good company to work for
Sales and Regulatory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2018
I am not giving a review at this time. I will give a review when I've thought about it thoroughly and know what I am going to write. I want to be fair and concise in my review.
Pros
Lots of lunches; learning opportunities; matched RRSP contributions after a year; eye, dental, prescription benefits; etc.
Cons
Long hours, no extra remuneration or time off, sometimes your ideas are used without recognition to you.
excellent company
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON21 June 2018
very good company to work for. Great work life balance. Very stable.
Good pay and benefits.

Flexible schedule, great people to work with. Senior management is attentive to employee's concerns
General Labour, Shipping and Receiving
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2018
The staff were excellent and always willing to assist with daily tasks. The typical day was kept on schedule to maintain proper rotation of product as necessary.
BASF BCC très bonne entreprise
CONTROLEUR DE GESTION (Former Employee) –  Waterloo27 January 2018
Entreprise mettant en avant l'humain. ambiance de travail excellente et possibilité d'évolution forte. Management voulant faire progresser et évoluer leurs employé. Challenge professionnel à la hauteur
Pros
Avantages extra-légaux
Cons
accessibilité
One of the best companies to work for
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
Basf is indeed an extraordinary company to work for. Being in the market for over 150 years it has the job culture and careeer advancement everyone wishes to have.
Productive and safety concious
Product Operator (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 July 2017
Productive and a very safety conscious environment. The company invests a lot on safety and are concerned with the well been of their staffs. 3 breaks in a day.
German company with long tradition
Supply Chain Planner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 June 2017
Good work life balance with flexible working hours. Ample opportunity to move around between departments, group companies or countries. Plenty of training and learning chance. However, no chance for contractors.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Rigid management
Great Place to Work
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 March 2017
Good work environment and great benefits.
Management needs improvement in communication but fellow employees are kind and welcoming. Overall a good experience.
great place to work
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Iroquois Falls, ON10 November 2016
great place to work and the atmosphere is great, but the hours sometimes are long and hard but overall it all evens out and you are treated great. Supervisors and managers are great and very knowledgeable.
High Speed Heat setter, shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON15 October 2015
Great staff and management could get a little loud to work at but they took good care of us with hearing tests on a regular basis and constant research into making it even safer to work at.
BASF Windsor. Or high school as it should be referred to.
operator (Former Employee) –  windsor2 October 2015
Needless to say, I no longer work here. I was let go during my probation for no reason at all. I was told it had to do with performance. They were unable to elaborate of course. This came as quite a shock to me as every supervisor and fellow employee told me to my face that i was doing great and should get in no problem. I made no real mistakes and the ones i did make had zero effect on the product. This without any adequate training. Good luck to anybody trying to get in. unless you are related to somebody, you might just end up disappointed. Overall the worst work ecperience of my life.
Pros
pay
Cons
culture, management, attitudes of senior employees, lack of training
long day
Business analyst (Former Employee) –  toronto, ON6 August 2015
a day is reviewing emails
learned Jira system
coworkers are cooperative
hardest part is stay long hours
management is strict
enojoy short trips
Pros
free lunches
strong culture, great team
Maintenance Planner /Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 April 2015
A very dedicated group of workers with knowledge and commitment. The Windsor facility is the leading automotive paint manufacturer for many high end automobile manufacturers
Fun work place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 March 2015
I worked twelve hour continental shifts I was an operator for ten years and then did maintanence for two the hardest part of the job was putting up with the chemicals
Pros
The money made and hours work
Cons
The toxic chemicals
Great job
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 January 2015
Responsible for all production of material.
Ensuring compliance with strict productions specifications.
Making and shipping package orders to customers quickly ensuring customer satisfaction.
Being compliant with strict safety regulations.
Preparing all shipping documentation for tanker trailers as well as cleaning and loading them for delivery.
Overseeing inventory and having it always stocked and ready for outgoing orders.
challenging, fun, well paid, great benefits.
Formulator/Color Developer (Former Employee) –  Windsor Ontario4 April 2014
At BASF work had a different challenge everyday which made work exciting and fun. It was a great experience working there.
sucked
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON17 December 2013
it was not an enjoyable time working for this company.it was a very backstabbing environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BASF Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2