BASF Corporation
Coronavirus update
Information from BASF Corporation:

BASF Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
As a summer intern there are many different jobs that are required, which changes every day based on what needs to be done. I learned many things such as weed identification, basic spraying techniques, setting up field trials with biologists.
The work culture was very welcoming, friendly and encouraging. There is a strong aspect of safety and teamwork in everyday jobs.

The most difficult part of the job is being organised in all the different trials that are occurring in the same time. However, this is double checked by the team and is a collective responsibility. The most enjoyable part of the job is being outdoors and working in a group.
Great job but was on contract and got caught in downsizing or I would still be there...
No room for error and H and S was at the forefront for obvious reasons. Lots of coaching and mentoring was provided along with personal growth training. ie mindsets and behaviors.

Work / life balance was good and Sr. management was skilled and approachable.
Safety is paramount and the work environment is superb. Work life balance is excellent . They care about the employees and the pay is good. Regina BASF is really a good place to work.
Good job life balance. Excellent team to work with. Team environment and atmosphere. Safe place to work. Extremely safety conscious. Tremendous amount of training available.
There's plenty of physical work and you are required to keep your head on a swivel and eyes sharp. The hours are long and the breaks short, but the pay is outstanding.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Long hours.
Loved working here.
Great supervisors and coworkers.

Fairly easy work and fair pay.

No alot of room for advancement.

Laid back attitude but goal oriented.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
No benefits
Great place to work in BASF as it is promoting sustainable development for agri industry. Good safety culture. Opportunities to learn and get training on small courses like root cause analysis etc.
Had a good time here but the demands for the family out weighed the demands of the travel. Had to make a choice that met my family life better and was home for 2 great kids.
Work environment in the office has changed over the last 5 years and many 35-45 years old people have left. Little room to grow for middle management.
Pros
Family activities
I am not giving a review at this time. I will give a review when I've thought about it thoroughly and know what I am going to write. I want to be fair and concise in my review.
Pros
Lots of lunches; learning opportunities; matched RRSP contributions after a year; eye, dental, prescription benefits; etc.
Cons
Long hours, no extra remuneration or time off, sometimes your ideas are used without recognition to you.
very good company to work for. Great work life balance. Very stable.
Good pay and benefits.

Flexible schedule, great people to work with. Senior management is attentive to employee's concerns
The staff were excellent and always willing to assist with daily tasks. The typical day was kept on schedule to maintain proper rotation of product as necessary.
Entreprise mettant en avant l'humain. ambiance de travail excellente et possibilité d'évolution forte. Management voulant faire progresser et évoluer leurs employé. Challenge professionnel à la hauteur
Pros
Avantages extra-légaux
Cons
accessibilité
Basf is indeed an extraordinary company to work for. Being in the market for over 150 years it has the job culture and careeer advancement everyone wishes to have.
Productive and a very safety conscious environment. The company invests a lot on safety and are concerned with the well been of their staffs. 3 breaks in a day.
Good work life balance with flexible working hours. Ample opportunity to move around between departments, group companies or countries. Plenty of training and learning chance. However, no chance for contractors.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Rigid management
Good work environment and great benefits.
Management needs improvement in communication but fellow employees are kind and welcoming. Overall a good experience.
great place to work and the atmosphere is great, but the hours sometimes are long and hard but overall it all evens out and you are treated great. Supervisors and managers are great and very knowledgeable.
Great staff and management could get a little loud to work at but they took good care of us with hearing tests on a regular basis and constant research into making it even safer to work at.
Needless to say, I no longer work here. I was let go during my probation for no reason at all. I was told it had to do with performance. They were unable to elaborate of course. This came as quite a shock to me as every supervisor and fellow employee told me to my face that i was doing great and should get in no problem. I made no real mistakes and the ones i did make had zero effect on the product. This without any adequate training. Good luck to anybody trying to get in. unless you are related to somebody, you might just end up disappointed. Overall the worst work ecperience of my life.
Pros
pay
Cons
culture, management, attitudes of senior employees, lack of training
a day is reviewing emails
learned Jira system

coworkers are cooperative

hardest part is stay long hours

management is strict

enojoy short trips
Pros
free lunches