Basalite Concrete Products Employee Reviews

Management is horrendous
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WA1 March 2019
Management does not respond to ideas. This company promotes incompetence as long as that person can coddle upper management. Management implements horrible policies that are terrible for the clients.

Stay away.
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WA10 January 2019
I learned a lot while I was there but because of the building industry collapse of 2008 I was let go. Processed mail, matched invoices to bill of lading/pack slips, assisted in answering phones, reconciled statements.
Pros
Great work place.
Cons
Lack of work
Run don’t walk away from this abysmal company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ7 January 2019
Modern day version of a sweatshop. Line workers are paid minimum and stay at that wage forever. High turnover and squalid working conditions. Unsafe and poorly maintained equipment. It’s only worked on when it’s broken and then repaired so poorly as to be laughable. All the while you have to produce product with a workforce that is working in the dark of night in the cold with very little lighting or in the extreme heat with few fans. Their core values are just lip service. Integrity and respect, two of them you will never see. It’s a shame hard working people from Latin America come to the United States to escape poverty and end up working under conditions and management such as this.
Pros
Free lunch on Monday and Friday
Cons
The poorest excuse for management you’ll ever see
Bad place to work unless your desperate
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dupont Washington31 October 2018
I have never worked for a company as bad as basalite concrete product Dupont WA this place has really bad management they didn't care about you or your health they had us in a dirty break room and sometimes no break at all.
Cons
Short breaks, bad and I mean bad management and never take breaks and lunches on time.
Good company to work for
HR Intern (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CA17 October 2018
I was only there for a summer but while there I enjoyed the company. Was give autonomy to do my work but also got support from upper management. My coworkers were friendly and good to work with.
Fun place to work
Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CA25 June 2018
There is a lot of turnover rate at my company. People are constantly being hired and people are constantly quitting. There was opportunity for advancement. Management is good and everyone does their part.
Plenty of over time, really hard work, and has friendly employees
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CA24 January 2018
Basalite was definitely the toughest job physically i have been through. They make pavers, sand, cement, stone wall. The positions are vary from a simple sweeper and line man to a machine operator
Pros
A lot of over time
Cons
Short breaks, 15 minute lunches
Great Experience
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CA15 January 2018
You cant be a lazy worker if you want to be employed with this company. Great people to work with. I wish i didn't have to relocate to a different city or i would have stayed with this company.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CA18 July 2017
The management really needs a good overhaul because there is a huge lack of communication between the managers and there staff. Not to mention a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Lunch banquets(holidays)
Cons
Short breaks.
Outstanding place to build a career
Vice President of Manufacturing Services (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA4 January 2017
I highly recommend Basalite to anyone, without reservation. The company leadership pays close attention to its culture and carefully selects and develops its up and coming managers. Additionally, Basalite is a good company to do business with, whether one is a customer or supplier.
Productive, great environment
Subsidiary HR Coordinator (promoted) (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CA31 October 2016
I really enjoy working for this organization. I have a passion for what I do on a daily basis and who I work with. Never a day that I hesitate coming to work to think something bad is going to b
Pros
all
Cons
health benefits
Crippled by incompetence
Quality Control Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  DuPont, WA30 January 2016
Dysfunction at a structural level, lack of management, awful culture that perpetuates the promotion of the lazy and dishonest gingers.
Pros
hired me
Cons
everything else
A great company to work for in the concrete business.
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO15 May 2015
Basalite Conrete Company is a unique manufacturer of all types of concrete products used throughout the United States and its' corporate offices located in California.
They manufacture a product that requires only 1-3 weeks to produce
and has a very short forecast schedule.
Their products are created based on sales orders for different sizes, colors and shapes for the buliding industry.
The facility in Denver is mainly composed of employees from Mexico
that have an excellent skill set to produce their products.
The hardest part of the position that I held was to forecast for raw materials and to have a good understanding of their physical inventory on a daily basis.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Working outside during all kinds of weather.
This is a sad story ;
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CA5 August 2014
Makes me sick just to think of it .

Rather not say anithing .

This is all I have to say .
Pros
Great Company :
Cons
really bad Hostile Work Enviroment .
Temporary Employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CA28 August 2013
I worked in the Accounts Receivable office also processing Pre-liens and calculated bank deposits. I worked in a small part of a big office and loved the environment. I was in charge of daily filing and data entry of business accounts.
Pros
Full Time Position
Cons
Temporary Postion
Good place to work, with great people to work with and great customers
Office Supervisor / Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR13 January 2013
I worked hard as the Office Manager and throughout all of the trials and tribulations, I did my best to keep the morale at a good level and keep us all focused on the positive.
I was committed and dedictated to the success of the company and thoroughly enjoyed the people I worked with.
Good for salaried and hourly workers
Sales (Former Employee) –  Western USA14 October 2012
Do your time and get paid with benefits. Good work life balance. The company values your family time. Management is poorly focused on gaining and maintaining its market and the company has lost market share. Innovation barely exists. The company is not focused on market expansion but rather on maintaining the status quo for management. Management cares only about their own jobs, not the future of the company. The company is family owned, by a good family, but the owner is distanced from operations.

If you are an hourly worker this employer is as good as any non-union place and you will be promoted internally, to a point. Incentives and bonuses are meager. If you are ambitious, give this company a pass. Hourly workers rarely make it up to a management level. If you just want a regular 40 hour a week job, this is a good place to work.
Pros
they will not drive you too hard
Cons
not a progressive company
Very productive place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NV29 July 2012
When I started there it was a great place to work. Lots of work, and plenty of room for advancement . Back then hard work was recognized by the higher ups, foremans, supervisors and management.

Now with corporate money and oversight, like safety programs and human resource and all the red tape that goes along with it, its no longer a rewarding place to work. .

Not so much the new programs that make it bad to work, safety is a good thing, but the management that puts it in place.

When I started you were a person, now you are just a number. And management is so out of touch with the people that worked hard for them.

Now proper channels is the only way you can talk to bosses. Unless you are related.

Thats all I want to say.
Pros
hard, rewarding was fun place to work.
Cons
management, management!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Basalite Concrete Products. Our community is ready to answer.