BARTLE & GIBSON

BARTLE & GIBSON Management reviews

Great back of house management that i can remember, Andjrea was an amazing shop manager. The upstairs guys not so much, i was accused of swearing at a customer, and told i had many formal complaints against myself from these men i talked to and shook hands with dailtly! After 2 years driving their riggs I never once had a write up, nor was ever told about these accusations against me until the day i was fired. They didnt give raises to the new guys, but hey did give an xmas bonus and lots of time off durirg the hollidays. Good people working for the company but shady men in charge! Oh and my drivers contract i signed magically vanished from thier files!? So my one tip is to record your exp with managers and photo copy your own contracts!!!
Pros
Good holliday time off
Cons
Super early morni gs and bad managment upstairs
The job is extremely busy and there is a lack of properly trained personnel which can get dangerous. Lead hands are sometimes are to find and that leaves inexperienced people in charge. They are a revolving door for new hires and they are forced to go onto night shift even when there is now way for them to get home at night. There is really no sense of teamwork even when your on the same team. Upper management and purchasing just want results even though you are under staffed and suppliers pack their trucks in a very inconvenient way.
Moving up in the company is next to impossible, no matter how much work you put in to move up or get a promotion. Was told by one CEO I was not worth being paid more or move within the company. And once I left (and gave 2 weeks notice) my vacation a disappeared from the system .. and was never paid out for it. People in the warehouse are great to work with and will help you whenever you need it. There is too much conflict and drama with the people “upstairs” for a smooth and enjoyable work environment
High turnover of employees. Management has less experience than the staff. Training is not great Too top heavy in the management, not enough people who worked there. A very old school mentality towards woman in the work place.
After many years with this company I developed a love for the career I worked so hard for and had a strong desire to retire there many years from now. Recent tragic events in my personal life have brought me to an abrupt and falsified termination from a management team in dire need of retraining and/or replacement. Their lack of tact and respect for my dignity during this time have been appalling,
Working there was an amazing experience I started out well and then after 2 and a half years I slowly lost my touch and was getting nothing but mistakes getting fired from battle and Gibson was the worst feeling in the world but I respect the company and management I’d come back in a second if they offered
well being there for 2 months in the warehouse at times my supervisor was so moody he would get mad at you for just a question,he made it very hard to be around at times. also the fellow i was replacing was encouraged to come back if he wanted. so the management decided that since i was in my 90 days probation they just told me my services were no longer required.and that was that i was out and he is back in. i never had any indication that i was doing any wrong. i was never late showed up every day. i sometimes didn't understand what my supervisor wanted but his demeanor at times was so up and down. also the guy that came back is not only a friend of the warehouse supervisor but they are roomates . i think the whole thing was un professional just check into it because there has not been a posting for a warehouse replacement in any of the job sites for this position
Pros
free donuts on fridays
Cons
the supervisor sat most days on the computer not doing any more then he had to
Bartle had pros and cons just like all blue collar jobs. I worked there five years dragging 150 pound bundles of pipe and tub shower surrounds and all sorts of overweight stuff through muddy disgusting new house build lots that should of been done by two people. The money isn't great and forget about every getting a raise. The hours are fine minus inventory once a year. I did like most the people I worked with.
Great customers to work with. Awesome Christmas party’s. But They don’t take the time to check in with all employees on how the work place environment is. Very few employees at wetaskiwin branch. Lots of negativity and harassment. Human Resources is absolutely no help
Pros
Good customers, benefits, alright pay
Cons
Bad management and upper management, no positive feedback never appreciated, only paid for sick days at bosses discretion, manager abuses company policies and gets away with it for 15 years, poor training, policies not enforced, terrible branch manager
Worked here for almost a year in the warehouse. Super abusive management, crowded and unsafe working enviroment. Worked with very under trained staff. It's been 9 years since I worked here and I am still dealing with emotional issues because of how I was treated. Salary was super low, had to consider taking a second job if I stayed and I was already working full time.AVOID!!!
Pros
Free Doughnuts
Cons
Abusive
Night shift can not leave until the job is done and since the purchasing is out of control night shift is usually there 12 hours a night 5 days a week plus every other saturday, so unless you really need the hours/money it is hard to balance with other things in life. Expect to be surrounded by people that are under trained and safety violations everywhere while management doesn't really do anything about it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours on nights/very crowded work environment
management style is that of " do as i say not as i do " poorly managed over all wage was not worth the stress had to figure out things to do everyday do to lack of direction would get flack for not doing what the manager wanted but was never given direction
Pros
once a year BBQ
I overall had a good experience working here. However due to it being shortterm, it didnt work out. However, I had a good time working with some coworkers. management can be way better.
The people who work there make the place great to work at. The management could use some changing up, and salaries are atrocious. Was making half of what I could make in same position at a different company. Chances of moving up/advancing are slim.
Pros
Co-wokers
Cons
Pay, Management, office politics
if you can get on the upper track i am sure it would be cushy but for the rest it would be better to smash you head against a brick wall... it might actually get you more results too.
Cons
management, too many idiots
In a day I would handle walk-in customers as well as phone calls, order picking, receiving, and Warehouse related tasks. I also managed smaller quotes and handled a number of accounts personally. Anyone from a contractor to Hutterite colonies come in which helped me expand my knowledge in a huge amount of areas. Work environment was good and work was pretty easy to keep up to in a day. I had to pull overtime to make things work but it's expected sometimes. Management was kind of lackluster, little guidance and little training. Everything I learned was spur of the moment and that can be very hard when you've never done a certain task ever. There was never really a clear company goal so I just tried to make a lot of sales to compensate.
Pros
Product demos, Flexible on appointments, Good pay, Fast paced environment
Cons
Little to no guidance or training, Personal time was an issue, No clear company goal or objective
I like working here. The management is good and very supportive. No micromanagement. Relaxed work environment. Very friendly atmosphere. Provide proper training on new job. The company is very old and there are very working here for a very long time.
A typical day in a warehouse environment was reviewing inventory sheets and doing purchase orders for items that we were in need of or out of stock. Interact with suppliers/vendors regarding shipments and current pricing. Shipping and receiving as needed as well as putting stock away. Answer the phone and direct calls to appropriate people. Accounts receivable and daily reconciliations as well as bank deposits. Greet customers as they came to the counter and got them a sales associate to help them. I was self taught my position as there was no training available when I started at the branch however I did attend a 3 day training at the head office months later. The management at this location was fine but it could have been better. I worked with all men which at times was frustrating and difficult but more often than not was entertaining to say the least. The hardest part of the job was probably at the beginning when I didn't receive training and when I asked certain questions in hopes it would help me nobody seemed to have the answers however eventually I got answers or figured it out on my own. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with numbers whether it was quantities or pricing or balancing daily transactions for accounts receivable I always enjoyed the challenge.
A typical day at work was to come in and check the orders that needed to be filled, along with attending to customers and courier driver and truck driver needs. The management was very friendly and easy to get along with, as well were the co-workers. Vey fun atmosphere. Hardest part of the job was finding room for extra supplies that came in. Most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace and the friendly people I encountered.
Pros
Just an all around fun place to work
Cons
Some frustration but nothing I couldnt handle
I started in Shipping, learning to find, pick, pack and ship different plumbing, heating and electrical parts. I worked with many people in the warehouse and nearly all were friendly and eager to help with any questions/tasks. Management helped move me and train me on the reception desk where I learned to manage a multiple line phone system, money tendering and outgoing invoices and helped improve my customer service skills. I spent the last few month in the office helping to organize files, sorting and scanning incoming invoices into the system and entering relevant data. The reception and office staff were the best part of my job as they were all friendly and taught me so much in my time.
this is a plumbing wholesale which wanted to get in to electrical butdoes not want to make the comitment to the invintory
Pros
work is not hard money is o k
Cons
lack of support from management