BARTLE & GIBSON

BARTLE & GIBSON Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews
Overall fast pace environment and lots of opportunities to grow within the organization. Bartle & Gibson feels like a family owned company with corporate resources. This supplier also has a good reputation in the industry.
Pros
Free lunches, team building events, professional development programs.
Cons
Annual Inventory
The job is extremely busy and there is a lack of properly trained personnel which can get dangerous. Lead hands are sometimes are to find and that leaves inexperienced people in charge.

They are a revolving door for new hires and they are forced to go onto night shift even when there is now way for them to get home at night.

There is really no sense of teamwork even when your on the same team.

Upper management and purchasing just want results even though you are under staffed and suppliers pack their trucks in a very inconvenient way.
Not enough work due to the 2010 recession. When I was hired, I worked for sales manager and then was relocated to another branch with different job title. It slowed down and i was laid off.
I have been with Bartle and Gibson for a number of years now and i love working for the company. The managment is great and understanding. They are a family orientated company. I would recomend working for this compnay to a number of people. I have worked hard in my time here and have been rewarded with raises and promotion when needed.
This company is very welcoming specially the boss and my fellow collages they teach you how to do the things that new for me and very approachable and teachable(Supervisor’s).
Moving up in the company is next to impossible, no matter how much work you put in to move up or get a promotion.
Was told by one CEO I was not worth being paid more or move within the company. And once I left (and gave 2 weeks notice) my vacation a disappeared from the system .. and was never paid out for it.

People in the warehouse are great to work with and will help you whenever you need it.

There is too much conflict and drama with the people “upstairs” for a smooth and enjoyable work environment
Great back of house management that i can remember, Andjrea was an amazing shop manager. The upstairs guys not so much, i was accused of swearing at a customer, and told i had many formal complaints against myself from these men i talked to and shook hands with dailtly! After 2 years driving their riggs I never once had a write up, nor was ever told about these accusations against me until the day i was fired. They didnt give raises to the new guys, but hey did give an xmas bonus and lots of time off durirg the hollidays. Good people working for the company but shady men in charge! Oh and my drivers contract i signed magically vanished from thier files!? So my one tip is to record your exp with managers and photo copy your own contracts!!!
Pros
Good holliday time off
Cons
Super early morni gs and bad managment upstairs
good job,, but your just a number. options and input not looked at.good work hrs and yearly bonus . room for advancement but not always giving to those who deserve it.
High turnover of employees.
Management has less experience than the staff.

Training is not great

Too top heavy in the management, not enough people who worked there.

A very old school mentality towards woman in the work place.
it was a great job where everyone got along and everyone would step up and help eachother when needed. it really was like a big family. i truly do regret leaving
After many years with this company I developed a love for the career I worked so hard for and had a strong desire to retire there many years from now.
Recent tragic events in my personal life have brought me to an abrupt and falsified termination from a management team in dire need of retraining and/or replacement. Their lack of tact and respect for my dignity during this time have been appalling,
Working there was an amazing experience I started out well and then after 2 and a half years I slowly lost my touch and was getting nothing but mistakes getting fired from battle and Gibson was the worst feeling in the world but I respect the company and management I’d come back in a second if they offered
well being there for 2 months in the warehouse at times my supervisor was so moody he would get mad at you for just a question,he made it
very hard to be around at times. also the fellow i was replacing was encouraged to come back if he wanted. so the management decided that since i was in my 90 days probation they just told me my services were no longer required.and that was that i was out and he is back in.

i never had any indication that i was doing any wrong. i was never late showed up every day. i sometimes didn't understand what my supervisor

wanted but his demeanor at times was so up and down. also the guy that came back is not only a friend of the warehouse supervisor but they are roomates . i think the whole thing was un professional just check into it

because there has not been a posting for a warehouse replacement in any of the job sites for this position
Pros
free donuts on fridays
Cons
the supervisor sat most days on the computer not doing any more then he had to
Bartle had pros and cons just like all blue collar jobs. I worked there five years dragging 150 pound bundles of pipe and tub shower surrounds and all sorts of overweight stuff through muddy disgusting new house build lots that should of been done by two people. The money isn't great and forget about every getting a raise. The hours are fine minus inventory once a year. I did like most the people I worked with.
A fun, fast paced and hard working environment. Supervisors and managers were very helpful and knowledgeable. Customers were patient and upbeat about the quality and accuracy of their orders.
Great customers to work with. Awesome Christmas party’s. But They don’t take the time to check in with all employees on how the work place environment is. Very few employees at wetaskiwin branch. Lots of negativity and harassment. Human Resources is absolutely no help
Pros
Good customers, benefits, alright pay
Cons
Bad management and upper management, no positive feedback never appreciated, only paid for sick days at bosses discretion, manager abuses company policies and gets away with it for 15 years, poor training, policies not enforced, terrible branch manager
Worked here for almost a year in the warehouse. Super abusive management, crowded and unsafe working enviroment. Worked with very under trained staff. It's been 9 years since I worked here and I am still dealing with emotional issues because of how I was treated. Salary was super low, had to consider taking a second job if I stayed and I was already working full time.AVOID!!!
Pros
Free Doughnuts
Cons
Abusive
I never had an issue with Bartle and Gibson. The compensation was good and the people were alright. Its just like any other shipping and receiving job.
Night shift can not leave until the job is done and since the purchasing is out of control night shift is usually there 12 hours a night 5 days a week plus every other saturday, so unless you really need the hours/money it is hard to balance with other things in life. Expect to be surrounded by people that are under trained and safety violations everywhere while management doesn't really do anything about it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours on nights/very crowded work environment
management style is that of " do as i say not as i do "

poorly managed over all

wage was not worth the stress had to figure out things to do everyday do to lack of direction would get flack for not doing what the manager wanted but was never given direction
Pros
once a year BBQ
I overall had a good experience working here. However due to it being shortterm, it didnt work out. However, I had a good time working with some coworkers. management can be way better.