BARTLE & GIBSON Employee Reviews

Great until your on nights
Receiver/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC25 April 2019
Night shift can not leave until the job is done and since the purchasing is out of control night shift is usually there 12 hours a night 5 days a week plus every other saturday, so unless you really need the hours/money it is hard to balance with other things in life. Expect to be surrounded by people that are under trained and safety violations everywhere while management doesn't really do anything about it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long hours on nights/very crowded work environment
over loaded and poorly managed
Front counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 September 2018
management style is that of " do as i say not as i do "

poorly managed over all
wage was not worth the stress had to figure out things to do everyday do to lack of direction would get flack for not doing what the manager wanted but was never given direction
Pros
once a year BBQ
My Experience
Inside Sales/Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 July 2018
I overall had a good experience working here. However due to it being shortterm, it didnt work out. However, I had a good time working with some coworkers. management can be way better.
great benfits and easy room for advancment
Branch Manager/Purchaser/Sales/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB17 July 2018
excellent room for advancement as they like to promote within,

good values and family comes first, awesome yearly bbqs for customer appreciation days.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
yearly inventories
Very Educational
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2018
This was one of my first jobs out of the service industry and I was completely surprised by the level of commitment to the employees to ensure a good work environment. the manager was well educated and was very good at training and cross training in other departments.
Great people. Ok work place
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
The people who work there make the place great to work at.
The management could use some changing up, and salaries are atrocious.
Was making half of what I could make in same position at a different company.
Chances of moving up/advancing are slim.
Pros
Co-wokers
Cons
Pay, Management, office politics
Good community of people
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
Bartle & Gibson was a good job. The majority of my co workers were all very nice and easy to get along with, as long as you followed the rules then it wasn't a bad job!
Pros
The people
Cons
distance to and from work
productive workplace with abysmal management
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2017
if you can get on the upper track i am sure it would be cushy but for the rest it would be better to smash you head against a brick wall... it might actually get you more results too.
Cons
management, too many idiots
fare
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2017
it wasnt what i was looking for no advancement i learned lots mangement was not good poorly run the hardest part of my job was stress of employees making toomany errorsthe easyest part of my jog driving
Pros
Cons
long hrs
Staff are very pleasant and helpful as well as knowledgeable. Able to work around appointments and meeting with little hassle.
Counter Electrical Sales (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB11 May 2017
In a day I would handle walk-in customers as well as phone calls, order picking, receiving, and Warehouse related tasks. I also managed smaller quotes and handled a number of accounts personally. Anyone from a contractor to Hutterite colonies come in which helped me expand my knowledge in a huge amount of areas.

Work environment was good and work was pretty easy to keep up to in a day. I had to pull overtime to make things work but it's expected sometimes. Management was kind of lackluster, little guidance and little training. Everything I learned was spur of the moment and that can be very hard when you've never done a certain task ever. There was never really a clear company goal so I just tried to make a lot of sales to compensate.
Pros
Product demos, Flexible on appointments, Good pay, Fast paced environment
Cons
Little to no guidance or training, Personal time was an issue, No clear company goal or objective
Fantastic
Accounts Manager / Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  13475 fort rd. edmonton AB1 February 2017
Bartle & Gibson is the standard I hold all employers to. They were easy going,understanding,and helped me become the person I am today. I worked there 9 years where they gave me opportunities to move up and better myself within the company. If asked, I would return to Bartle & Gibson at any time.
compactible with any person
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2016
Usually work first and everything else comes after.
Talk to everybody with a smile and a positive attitude.
Enjoyed working with my co-workers
Pros
free lunches with sales representatives
Cons
sometimes overtime even weekends
Very friendly management and good work environment
Purchaser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2016
I like working here. The management is good and very supportive. No micromanagement. Relaxed work environment. Very friendly atmosphere. Provide proper training on new job. The company is very old and there are very working here for a very long time.
Stressful
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2016
Some people are fun and nice but some are not, especially the warehouse Manager! Salary is low for what we are doing at work. It is not a fun place to work, very stressful!!!
Pros
No free lunch at all just free donuts on Monday.
Cons
Long hours sometime.
Interesting learned new things adapted quickly
Electrical Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC23 February 2016
A typical day in a warehouse environment was reviewing inventory sheets and doing purchase orders for items that we were in need of or out of stock. Interact with suppliers/vendors regarding shipments and current pricing. Shipping and receiving as needed as well as putting stock away. Answer the phone and direct calls to appropriate people. Accounts receivable and daily reconciliations as well as bank deposits. Greet customers as they came to the counter and got them a sales associate to help them. I was self taught my position as there was no training available when I started at the branch however I did attend a 3 day training at the head office months later. The management at this location was fine but it could have been better. I worked with all men which at times was frustrating and difficult but more often than not was entertaining to say the least. The hardest part of the job was probably at the beginning when I didn't receive training and when I asked certain questions in hopes it would help me nobody seemed to have the answers however eventually I got answers or figured it out on my own. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with numbers whether it was quantities or pricing or balancing daily transactions for accounts receivable I always enjoyed the challenge.
Very positive place to work, fast pace, friendly people
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton6 July 2015
A typical day at work was to come in and check the orders that needed to be filled, along with attending to customers and courier driver and truck driver needs.
The management was very friendly and easy to get along with, as well were the co-workers. Vey fun atmosphere.
Hardest part of the job was finding room for extra supplies that came in.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace and the friendly people I encountered.
Pros
Just an all around fun place to work
Cons
Some frustration but nothing I couldnt handle
Friendly and hard working enviroment
Shipping, Reception, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2015
I started in Shipping, learning to find, pick, pack and ship different plumbing, heating and electrical parts. I worked with many people in the warehouse and nearly all were friendly and eager to help with any questions/tasks. Management helped move me and train me on the reception desk where I learned to manage a multiple line phone system, money tendering and outgoing invoices and helped improve my customer service skills. I spent the last few month in the office helping to organize files, sorting and scanning incoming invoices into the system and entering relevant data. The reception and office staff were the best part of my job as they were all friendly and taught me so much in my time.
High stress and no gurantee of work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB. NE branch20 October 2012
most enjoyable part of job was driving truck and meeting positive energetic construction workers.
Co-workers were fine but stressed from managers ignorance.
Hardest part of job was dealing with managers racist remarks and not knowing if i will have a job next day.
Most enjoyable part of job was meeting customers and helping them to my best knowledge and seeing a smile on there face.
Pros
it paid the bills.
Cons
i had no say, either do wat was told and dont argue back or your fired!
7-4 weekends off
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB6 August 2012
this is a plumbing wholesale which wanted to get in to electrical butdoes not want to make the comitment to the invintory
Pros
work is not hard money is o k
Cons
lack of support from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BARTLE & GIBSON. Our community is ready to answer.