BARRIE WELDING & MACHINE

BARRIE WELDING & MACHINE Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Many possibilities in career advancement and generous wage increases. This is a company that is always there for there employees whether it be more training or helping out with personal issues.
Pros
good benefits and retirement plan
Cons
none to really report
Clean work environment kind, sociable and helpful employees for most part. HR and weld shop Forman tarnish company overall rating and work experience and not enjoyable work environment. Owner is an amazing person and down to earth.
Worked on numerous projects that challenged my skills and knowledge. Definitely gain more experience in a real world setting. Was able to see both sides of machining, conventional and CNC. Both highly interest me.
Pros
Great work environment
Coworkers, and supervisors were welcoming and helpful.
The workload was reasonable and the tasks not monotonous.

Opportunity to use different machines and learn from experienced machinists.
A typical day would drive to customers plant to fix their broke down stamping presses, I learned how to trouble shoot problems, How to fix everything on a press, Good safety values. The management were great people but I found they were not good leaders more of a do as I say not as I do. And the way the company was set up the owners made it so the different departments would fight against each other.The hardest part of the job was trying to trouble shoot some of the jobs because a lot of the time there were other underlying problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing the presses seeing them run made me feel good that I had fixed them.
Pros
Always learning something new.
Cons
The lack of management