Barrie Welding & Machine

Barrie Welding & Machine Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews

A very busy and productive place. Enjoy going to work here.

Everyone is willing to help you if your found in a tight spot. Relax and do your job while enjoying your day.Pay reflects on your back ground and willingness to work overtime which is asked all the time.Bonus pay with OT hrs.

Pros

no pressing to get a job done

Cons

Sales team fight to find a time slot on machines

Don't lie about your skill set or odious

Overall a great place to work.Mostly a older skilled employee base with a good mix of young new tradesmen. If you know your stuff you will do fine.If you lied on resume about your skill level you will be let go quickly. Don't say your a experienced set up guy if you couldn't set up a sewing machine lol.They will train you,be honest .

Pros

Lots of o.t

Cons

2 hab fans work here.

Insights into Barrie Welding & Machine

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Challenging and interesting place to work.

Barrie Welding has been and continues to be an interesting and challenging place to work. The scope of parts that I work on is always changing and never boring. Management is knowledgeable and understanding. I never mind coming to work every day. My colleagues are a great group of people and the company is a well established and very secure.

Broad scope of work. Very diversified company.

Barrie Welding & Machine employs a lot of different trades and do an unbelievable amount of different types of work. The pay is good and there is always opportunity to learn more different and interesting things.

Pros

Good company that has been around since 1945. Many long term employees.

Above average pay, sub par everything else

Stressful/sometimes dangerous work environment. Management is there just as a title - minimal training/orientation...most days the boss was picking his teeth and on his phone in his office. Make sure you buy all your own tools, or you will spend many hours trying to find "something that works", which you won't find anyway.6 weeks on days, 2 weeks on nights mandatory rotating shifts (in some departments).DO NOT REPORT any safety incident, for example with a forklift, even if they actually hit you, or you will be fired. the mentality of this workplace is as such - much easier to ignore/fire you than solve any problem, since "its been done that way for many years."Never say no to overtime.Many employees hired/fired within the first 6-12 months.Very low employee moral.Terrible benefits plan (NO DENTAL).

Pros

Free donuts on Saturday Overtime

Cons

Everything esle

Good pay, bad management

Pays good, management needs tons of work and improvements. They treat you good unless you don’t want to work overtime, then you might as well just leave because they will ruin you at that point.

Official response from Barrie Welding & Machine

30 May 2022
Sorry to hear that, we encourage our team to speak with us if there is in anyway mistreatment or retaliation etc, BWM values its employees and never should you feel any mistreatment at BWM

excelent work

good work experience good work environment good work treatment

Pros

excellent travail

Cons

ninguno

Educational

A great place to apprentice in a unique jobbing shop environment and learn from the best craftsmen around. Fast paced with a quality minded environment.

Very knowledgeable workplace

Many possibilities in career advancement and generous wage increases. This is a company that is always there for there employees whether it be more training or helping out with personal issues.

Pros

good benefits and retirement plan

Cons

none to really report

Sub par

Clean work environment kind, sociable and helpful employees for most part. HR and weld shop Forman tarnish company overall rating and work experience and not enjoyable work environment. Owner is an amazing person and down to earth.

Good Co-op Experience

Worked on numerous projects that challenged my skills and knowledge. Definitely gain more experience in a real world setting. Was able to see both sides of machining, conventional and CNC. Both highly interest me.

Pros

Great work environment

A large company, yet friendly work environment

Coworkers, and supervisors were welcoming and helpful. The workload was reasonable and the tasks not monotonous. Opportunity to use different machines and learn from experienced machinists.

It was demanding but the fellow workers made it fun

A typical day would drive to customers plant to fix their broke down stamping presses, I learned how to trouble shoot problems, How to fix everything on a press, Good safety values. The management were great people but I found they were not good leaders more of a do as I say not as I do. And the way the company was set up the owners made it so the different departments would fight against each other.The hardest part of the job was trying to trouble shoot some of the jobs because a lot of the time there were other underlying problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing the presses seeing them run made me feel good that I had fixed them.

Pros

Always learning something new.

Cons

The lack of management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barrie Welding & Machine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement