Barrick Gold Corporation

Maintenance Mechanic1 review
Canada1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
Interesting work, Iffy Managment
Working for Barrick Goldstrike was an interesting experience. Their safety culture is one that I would describe as in the tops for mining industries located in the United States. Their goal was a zero incident vision that might possibly be attained in the future.
The management could really use so work. between fighting for parts, scheduling maintenance projects,j isolating equipment and fighting to keep up with the tons processed goal, was to say the least, a nightmare. Management without really seeming to know, would spend a dollar to save a dime. This is between waiting to start jobs, waiting for special ordered parts (that should have been more common than not (common pump rebuild parts, as one example)), isolating equipment (isolation lockouts and breakers being in multiple areas and in some cases taking upwards of half a shift to isolate equipment) and having a proper job plan in order to progress at a smooth pace.

I learned how to work as a mechanic in a team and how to communicate during critical tasks associated with the job. Working with the more experienced mechanics taught me a lot of the tricks and how tos with equipment. overall working for Barrick was a very positive experience for me and taught me a great may things both when I was a part of day crew and shift crew.

I think that working with older mechanics was the most enjoyable part of the job. They had a great many things to teach and never really held back with their information. The hardest part of the job would be the area and weather. employees had to be bused into the site which took generally
 - more...
Cons
Super seven shift schedule, busing
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Barrick Gold Corporation?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barrick Gold Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2