Bare Escentuals Employee Reviews

Amazing company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania20 April 2018
I worked for the brand for several years in many different roles. Throughout my tenure, I had amazing mentors, and leaders. It was an environment full of positive, driven, creative professionals. Nothing but wonderful memories. This is how a company should run! Lots of change, all handled well over the years, with tons of communication to the field. They invest in their employees, and have a defined brand culture. The most growth in my career occurred here. WORK HERE!
Pros
everything!
Cons
Restructure caused major division cutbacks, however it was handled well
Worst management i have ever had, had no choice but to leave.
Beauty Ambassador (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom10 April 2018
I was extremely happy when i was given the opportunity to work within the makeup industry as it is one of my passions. This however was the worst job experience i have ever had.

A typical day consists of being drilled into how much money you NEED to take, cleaning, being forced to traffic stop customers who are extremely uninterested and doing anything to get some sales under your belt before your manager rips into you for not doing so.

Unless you have a supporting team who are relatable and realise that sometimes people don't want to spend £60 every time they shop with you (which is what the company expect) then be prepared to have the most stressful, money driven job in the world.
Pros
Allocation, although it took months to get due to issues.
Cons
Long hours, Incredibly money driven, a lot of standing and cleaning, and a lot of pressure every day
Best first internship I could have asked for
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA29 March 2018
One of my first job's was at Bare Escentuals. It taught me so much about the functions of productive, collaborative and growing marketing teams. Everyone was so welcoming and many were role models for me.
Pros
Stunning facilities
Love my job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MA22 March 2018
Great first makeup job! Love my mangers and the beauty advisors. I am a key holder and have learned so much about management. Great discount on amazing makeup
Pros
Learning makeup techniques and management skills. Very fair pay.
Cons
Having to work with another troublemaking key holder
Fun Family-like enviornment.
Assistant Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA15 March 2018
Starting in one district then transferring to a completely different way of life to another, it was very challenging trying to get along with certain managers. However still doing what i enjoyed, which was applying my knowledge of makeup and skincare, I very much loved the products.
Good company intentions/bad manager
Assistant Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IA1 March 2018
If you have a store manager who is not entitled to try to never work a Sunday, try to take every weekend off and force employees to work on their days off, then it might be a decent place to work. My experience was exactly as described above. I was expected to pick up everyone's slack and was never thanked for it.
Pros
Free product anytime something new rolled out.
Cons
Schedules, time off, manager
Boutique Manager
Boutique Manager- Beauty Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CA1 March 2018
I started with Bare Minerals as a Seasonal employee @Macys and 9 years later, I've been a Boutique Manager for the last 3 years. Bare Minerals has brought me some amazing relationships, professional and personal, creating an amazing work experience and a place you want to be, positive relationships and partnerships led to hitting and exceeding plan, bonus', rewards, and a positive work life balance. The company has changed so much in the last 4-5 years after being sold to Shiseido. The culture has changed, the Girlfriend Experience has gotten lost, there has been a lot of turn over and unpredictability with the company. Bare Minerals will be reducing their locations by almost half in the next few years with minimal notice to teams. I have learned so much from my time with Bare Minerals about the Leader I do and don't want to be.
Pros
Great Team, Above average pay, Full time benefits, Gratis, Making Clients feel beautiful.
Cons
No Work Life Balance unless your corporate, stores are effected if PTO is used, the stores lose hours to cover the floor when leadership uses PTO that they have earned, Several years of extremely unachievable goals that defeat teams
Hostile
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA10 February 2018
This was probably one of worse jobs I've ever had, with one of the most disgusting management team. And the district manager and human resource department was just as big of a joke. There were several complaints filed and nothing was done. Very hostile and juvenile work environment mostly created by the manager. I would not recommend anyone working there.
Pros
Employees discount
Cons
HORRIBLE management
Great Company but Many Changes going On...Hard to Move Up
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, IN9 February 2018
I worked for BM almost 3 years through Macys.
Great company to work for, great environment, great people...great customers! AE was very nice, involved and we had great training.... Hard to move up since Shiseido purchased them! Not enough jobs and cuts going on company wide has affected my job! Great start to any cosmetics career! I miss working for them!
Would work for them again!
Pros
Great Gratis, Company, Training, and Customers!
Cons
Shiseido purchased and many changes/cuts going on which affected my own job...hard to move up!
The work is good..how ever management is not so good with the temp services..
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OH17 January 2018
I worked there on 2 different occasions..the first time i left due to lack of work..i started there again and was let go because an associate whom i know very well told alot of people including HR..that i was a threat to them..because of he said she said things...the work place is very highschool setting..lots of drama..and i can not work in enviorments like that..i am an adult..associates in the tower act like children...
Pros
Gift basket
Cons
Poor management
fun and productive
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrogate8 January 2018
Working with Bare essentials meant I got to work with and use a wide range of products everyday and it was my job to promote these to the general public. In my role I also got to create my own store events for local companies.
Overworked
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OH7 January 2018
You are treated very unfair, the work you had to do was very easy but the people there made it very hard coming up with unnecessary things, arguing with you for nothing. The security was good but poor safety.
Pros
snacks
Cons
poor working conditions, horrible people to work with.
Nice work place, bad management, does not look of for their own staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NY20 December 2017
You’d have a minimum daily sales goal
Competing against sales from other major brands.
Management is unorganized and unsupportive. Quick to fire and replace their employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
For me it was working with arts
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CA5 December 2017
It was fun working there, everyday you get to play with colors. There was no down time, if there is no customer we are always teaching each other different ways to use make-up or how to apply.
Fun
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA4 December 2017
Lots of traveling. I enjoyed the experience and glad I did it just wasn't fond of traveling. No work life balance. If you are single and love to travel go ahead.
Pros
See above
Cons
no cons
Productive and fun job
Special assignment (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OH1 December 2017
I wish I could have been more then a temp service job cause I can see a future there. I would love meeting new people and do different things on the job.
Pros
Free gifts and hot chocolate
Cons
Temp job
great district manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 November 2017
I loved working for my district manager. It was a fun job with a lot of travel for national events. I was not crazy about doing make up but it was still very fun. A great learning experience.
Pros
Great regional management
Cons
upper management
Amazing Clients
Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA25 November 2017
Was on the wholesale side and worked with Sephora and Ulta. Was able to meet amazing women daily. The company was constintly changing to try to find a new client instead of sticking to what they were good at "Minerals".
Pros
customers
Cons
management
Horrible Management - work anywhere else
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY22 November 2017
Not only did I never receive any of my Paid time off upon leaving, no one answers the phone at corporate. Hundreds of dollars I earned never recovered. Boutique management is horrible, condescending, sneaky and disrespectful. I have never worked somewhere like this is my life. During the year I worked here over 10 people resigned. I only am posting this review to help others, please find another place to work.
Very unorganized and unrealistic goals. Bad Management
Boutique Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ17 November 2017
The upper management was very unsupportive and hard to get in touch with. They have a 2 minute grace period before you are counted late, which I think is too short. They are demanding and expect too much for what they pay. The culture that they advertise is the polar opposite to reality. Lot's of gossiping and negative energy. I hated this job. My co-workers were very immature and gossiped about everyone. The company creates a culture of fear so everyone always thinks they are going to get fired. Foot traffic is down over 50% but they planned the store +20% over ly. They also have a bonus program that is impossible to get.
Pros
Discount is 40%
Cons
Culture, Over distribution of products, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bare Escentuals. Our community is ready to answer.