Bardel Entertainment

Bardel Entertainment Pay & benefits reviews

Canada22 reviews
Bardel pulls in plenty of interesting and fun projects, and the salary is generally fair for standard work. The environment is fun and many of Management are approachable. Where the studio falters is the inability to secure reasonable schedules and project scopes, usually ending up causing project employees to have little to no work/life balance. At times too, it feels like the different departments in the pipelines are not communicating with each other, causing plenty of delay and headache
It was a great way to get experience when starting off in the industry. However the hours were very intense and there was very little way to maintain the work life balance with such high demands.
Pros
beer fridays
Cons
long hours for no extra pay
Typically I found that most days would be 9-5 hours but some departments would get swamped and be would be doing 10 - 12 hour days on a regular basis. This usually only happened on unorganized productions otherwise hours are good. The pay is average for the industry but they have some good perks like sick days and benefits. In general the culture is good and the environment is positive. One other downside is that on the first floor the temperature can get pretty low in the winter.
-Learned new shading techniques and tools -Worked with great people -Worked on an exciting project -Great pay -Great benefits -Hardest part: working with limiting software -Most enjoyable part: working with other supervisors
Pros
Great art team
The project was very disorganized and had to be treated by patching areas every time a fire erupted. I got payed for all my hours of work included OT. I had excellent co-workers who have moved on to various endeavors.
Pros
payed OT (depending on project)
Cons
disorganized project
Great Company to work for, not enough positions available within the company at the moment. They don't have enough employee evaluations so there is never a time to discuss salary raises.
Bardel falsley advertises their pay for 2d animators. They pretend to encourage work/life balance on one hand yet create a system that assumes you will work overtime by making it impossible to reach quota without doing so. Do not trust this company.
Pros
Co-workers are great! Good IT team.
Cons
Long hours. Low pay. Blames animators.
For managing work for junior animators was extremely stressful and almost near impossible quotas. Mainly working almost every weekend and very low wages.
Cons
Very long hours
The team I was on was pretty ok, but there were many problems with many of the other productions. I had many friends working insanely excessive hours for months with very little compensation. Not only was it the entire team, but it took many months and a complete overhaul before things got fixed and work and schedules were normalized. I still don't think the people were compensated for the 6 day work week and the 10+ hour days. Also pay from each team was not balanced. My team was paid much more for less work than the aforementioned team. I also was given no notice of the studio "losing the show" I worked on and no chance to move to another team or another production.
Cons
Long hours, unbalanced work