Bantrel

Bantrel Employee Reviews

Bantrel is a great company to work for. I have been employed by them twice. Wish they had more projects in the Toronto office. Bantrel has a very collaborative and supportive work environment.
Pros
Excellent work environment.
Cons
Not many projects in the toronto office.
For the employees, Bantrel provides some learning and growth opportunities. As there is currently not much growth in the downstream Oil & Gas industry in Canada, Bantrel has been struggling.
wonderful people with great management, the staff were great and the managers were great hope to work there again
the place where you can improve and develop your skill and use your experince
it was a great place to gain experience, and learn from. the people I work with were more then helpful, the hardest part of the job was trying to communicate to project worker that were hard to get a hold of. enjoyable part of the day was to learn new things and enjoy the privacy I had.
Pros
Every other Friday off
Cons
very quiet, no music allowed to get threw the day
Lots of indexing and filing. Looking over mechanical, process and electrical prints. The best part of the job was the variety of tasks I was given to do. I got to interact with engineers, update personal engineer progress spreadsheets, index, copy documents, ect.
typical day work: General office duties: faxing, scanning, data entry, inventory, filing, photocopies. learnt more of the inventory and their management is awesome co-workers are very nice and helpful the hardest part of the jobs was the lifting too many things the most enjoyable part of job was the data entry
a typical day: prepare and deliver meetings and reports with other disciplines, the project manager, our groups, with the client. coach and answer questions. I have learned the good tools and organized methods company has to manage the projects. The team was the core to be successful in the project progress. the people had ownership on their duties and gave more than required.
Every day was fun working in the people friendly, exiting work environment
Within the two years at Bantrel, I have been blessed to work for three different teams. I have enjoyed working with all peers and co-workers. The best thing about working for Bantrel is the experience and opportunity my leads have shown me. They always took time our of there busy schedules to help/teach me something new and answer all my questions and concerns.
Pros
Designated Days Off (DDO) - Every second Friday off.
Enjoyed working at this company. Fantastic work environment. Great work experience, great people.
Pros
intelligent people, excellent team members, very beneficial for a young engineer to learn
Cons
job security
Everyday there are new challenges and learning that come along your way thus allowing me to stay focus and deal with the challenges one at a time. In summary, the workplace is a good training ground to boost ones career.
Pros
good coaching skills from the supervisor
Cons
none that i can think of right now
Productive workplace.Well organized.Follows industry procedures.
Below average management, low quality work, huge spending of manhours on the projects and due to that oil companies don't give them projects, Job security is zero , when they are out of projects they easily cut their staff to quarter. Hiring and firing people is solely based on social relationship to management.
Pros
nothing
Cons
almost everything you can think about it. above all poor management.
Technical projects were good. Implemented good ISO documentation
A typical day at work is interacting with various Managers, Leads and employees on day to day issues. I absolutely enjoy working with this company. The management is great and very supportive. The co-workers are very professional, respectful and fantastic to deal with. The hardest part of the job is actually none. I love what I do, I work for a very friendly and healthy environment and despite of long hours I look forward to going to work everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with everyday. When I help them with their day to day issues and they appreciate all my efforts and recognize and value my opinions it bring a smile to my face.
Pros
healthy and friendly environment
Cons
long hours and i am away from my family