Bantrel Management reviews

Senior Electrical/EHT Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2019
Management are nice and people are easy to get work with. Enjoyed my time working with this company and I'm looking forward to work with them again in the near future.
Pros
Very busy place to work
Cons
Not much project at hand
Great EPC company to work for
Site Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 September 2018
I worked on one of the most challenging SagD project in Alberta, and it was a project that helped me to develop my Project/Contracts management skills
Bantrel
Senior Consulting Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2018
Bantrel,

Is a nice company to work for but as usual there are people that are not nice. The management was good and I had no problems with anybody. In general a good company to work for
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Rigorous working style in a system
Senior Instrumentation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
Bantrel posses rigorous working style. No mater for engineering design or engineering procurement. Design steps and document management are in perfect order.
Excellent
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2018
Good working condition. Professional management, recognized our good job and gave us bonuses. Design tools and procedures are excellent. Good engineering outfit.
Good people
Foreman/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC4 May 2017
I worked hard for Bantrel and hoped to get noticed. I never was lucky to get to the next project but the experience with Bantrel was good. The management was good with helpful people.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Nepitism
Friendly workplace, great imprtance given to quality work
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
An EPC company which maintains very high quality control standards. . Management provided great opportunities for self development and arranges many courses to attend. Pay and benefits are excellent. I had the opportunity to get involved in Engineering to commissioning of three major Canadian oil sands projects.Work environment is very friendly with management and colleagues ready to help.
Pros
Quality of work is given highest priority
Cons
Limited projects
Great company to work for with tremenduous opportunity to advance
Alliance Piping Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2017
As a brotherly company of Bechtel Co. Bantrel has a very unique standards specifications for use. Bantrel has a great management group who can listen to your concerns and recognize your performance. Bantrel Edmonton office is assembled of many talents who drive the company to the success. The working environment is very friendly. Your great performance can be rewarded with good bonuses. Career development program is very attractive as well.
Pros
Rewarding bonuses and great benefits
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Great Place to Work
Project Controls Cost Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Bantrel has been a wonderful place to work, great team support, and very flexible to allow the work / life balance I craved when I left my old employer.

Unfortunately, Bantrel has been affected by the economic downturn in the oil and gas sector and layoffs have had to happen much to the disappointment of management who tried to hold on to people for as long as possible.
Good workplace
Database Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 May 2016
good residential management with plenty to do on your free time, such as table tennis, darts, pool and much more.
good working environment.
A good place to work.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2016
A good place to work. Fair and hard working people and management. I would work for Bantrel again, if given the opportunity.
Great place to work.
Civil/Structural Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2016
This company has great management and great employees, flexible work hours and good benefits. You are always encouraged to take on a new challenge.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No cons
Working at Bantrel
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2015
I enjoy the work hours flexibility - start early and finish early. Do not have the feeling of being micro-managed.
The most difficult part of the job is the signature process required on all documents such as bid tabs, purchase orders, contracts, etc.
I enjoy the satisfaction of being able to contribute to the successful on time completion of projects by providing information and/or materials to the project team members.
great place to work
Project Procurement Secretary (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2014
wonderful people with great management, the staff were great and the managers were great hope to work there again
very nice place and good environment
Administrative Assistant (internship) (Former Employee) –  calgary22 October 2013
typical day work: General office duties: faxing, scanning, data entry, inventory, filing, photocopies.

learnt more of the inventory and their management is awesome

co-workers are very nice and helpful

the hardest part of the jobs was the lifting too many things

the most enjoyable part of job was the data entry
Worst EPC Company
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary , AB2 October 2012
Below average management, low quality work, huge spending of manhours on the projects and due to that oil companies don't give them projects, Job security is zero , when they are out of projects they easily cut their staff to quarter. Hiring and firing people is solely based on social relationship to management.
Pros
nothing
Cons
almost everything you can think about it. above all poor management.
Productive and fun workplace
Human Resource Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, Alberta3 August 2012
A typical day at work is interacting with various Managers, Leads and employees on day to day issues. I absolutely enjoy working with this company. The management is great and very supportive. The co-workers are very professional, respectful and fantastic to deal with. The hardest part of the job is actually none. I love what I do, I work for a very friendly and healthy environment and despite of long hours I look forward to going to work everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with everyday. When I help them with their day to day issues and they appreciate all my efforts and recognize and value my opinions it bring a smile to my face.
Pros
healthy and friendly environment
Cons
long hours and i am away from my family