Bantrel

Bantrel Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

A typical day included assisting others with issuing minutes of meetings, reports, booking meetings, travel and luncheons.
Pros
Some fridays off (PDOs - Project Days Off)
Cons
9 hour work days, no room for advancement
Review applies to their project positions only, very different at head office. The hours were long, the pay was excellent. If you are into hard work, don't care about great job/life balance it's the place. Well run but projects lacked necessary software.
Pros
worked very long hours
Cons
excellent pay
Great project to work on. Everyone had an open door policy and people were willing to assist and educated as necessary. I learned lots about processing contract documentation as well as attesting invoices as my scope of work changed throughout my time on the project. I would definitely work for this company again.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Twelve Hour Shifts
A typical day involved updating databases, onboarding new hires, booking travel and submitting travel expenses for managers and employees. I was constantly learning new procedures and documentation skills. As well as different aspects of the oil and gas industry that affected our business. My managers were very respectful of all their employees and willing to help any staff in whatever manner was needed to do their job in the best manner possible. My coworkers were able to help me understand their jobs so I could assist them as needed. Just as I explained and used my skill set to assist them. The hardest part of the job was not being as knowledgeable in the field as I would have liked. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and being able to assist them in various different ways. They never let me feel stupid or unappreciated for things I didn't know. We all complimented each other very well.
it was such a fun place to work in. I enjoy every minutes I spend there. the boss was so night to me and show me everything that I need to know.
Learned a lot In a short period of time. I was honoured to have spent my practicum at Bantered place.
it was a great place to gain experience, and learn from. the people I work with were more then helpful, the hardest part of the job was trying to communicate to project worker that were hard to get a hold of. enjoyable part of the day was to learn new things and enjoy the privacy I had.
Pros
Every other Friday off
Cons
very quiet, no music allowed to get threw the day
Lots of indexing and filing. Looking over mechanical, process and electrical prints. The best part of the job was the variety of tasks I was given to do. I got to interact with engineers, update personal engineer progress spreadsheets, index, copy documents, ect.
typical day work: General office duties: faxing, scanning, data entry, inventory, filing, photocopies. learnt more of the inventory and their management is awesome co-workers are very nice and helpful the hardest part of the jobs was the lifting too many things the most enjoyable part of job was the data entry
  1. Administrative Assistant