Bantrel Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Large EPC company
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2018
Was at Bantrel for a short period of time. Daily routine was plant project reviews and data gathering. Was inserted into a refinery operation as a support team member.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
The old support team had just left and were not available to transition.
Very professional attitude
Discipline Lead, Senior Civil/Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2017
It is a good company to work for. Experienced project engineers, discipline engineers and designers. Excellent job quality system - ensures deliverables are issued on time and with high quality. Friendly environment and helpful staff. Social club always provides entertainment events where workers can get know each other better.
Good environment work place
Cost Estimator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2017
Everyone is helpful and try to get the job done on time.
Work together as one team.
Try to find the best solution for the client.
Flexible working hours.
Very short job
Journeyman Scaffolder/BBS (Former Employee) –  Petro Can Edmonton30 March 2017
Just there to help tear down scaffolding and return it to the yard.
Separate the material,count it, band it and have it ready to be trucked out to the next location it is needed.
Pros
Lots of workers to share the tasks
Cons
Very filthy and dirty equipment. Extremely dangerous conditions to work in
Great company to work for with tremenduous opportunity to advance
Alliance Piping Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2017
As a brotherly company of Bechtel Co. Bantrel has a very unique standards specifications for use. Bantrel has a great management group who can listen to your concerns and recognize your performance. Bantrel Edmonton office is assembled of many talents who drive the company to the success. The working environment is very friendly. Your great performance can be rewarded with good bonuses. Career development program is very attractive as well.
Pros
Rewarding bonuses and great benefits
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Fine work place, nice people, easy going manages.
Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 September 2016
I have over eight years Canadian solid work experience as a structural designer/ drafter in oil and gas, industrial field, residential (both roof and floor trusses), commercial and institutional projects, etc. I also have more than 15 years of work experience as an Architect in China.

I have been responsible for all the architectural/structural design, layout, and 3D modeling, and I have attended review meetings and coordinated other disciplines, providing exceptional client service and developing technical expertise to deliver practical, creative solutions.

I enjoy working in a team and I am capable of working independently. I have excellent organizational skills needed to work on a variety of projects. I am very knowledgeable in the use 2D platform (AutoCAD, Revit, MicroStation) and 3D module software (ProStructure and Civil 3D).

i like work with this company, give me a lots of fun and good memory.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Great Place to Work
Project Controls Cost Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Bantrel has been a wonderful place to work, great team support, and very flexible to allow the work / life balance I craved when I left my old employer.

Unfortunately, Bantrel has been affected by the economic downturn in the oil and gas sector and layoffs have had to happen much to the disappointment of management who tried to hold on to people for as long as possible.
Positive Work Environment
Senior Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2016
Hours are very flexible if you are a morning person like me, I start around 6 in the morning and leave at 15.45 - that way I avoid the worst of the traffic!
Bantrel work a '9 day fortnight' where you make up the hours over the working fortnight and take off every second Friday. The hours are 9 hours a day Mon-Thu and 8 hours on the working Friday.
The work environment is generally relaxed however it can get quite hectic when busy (where doesn't it?).
Overall Bantrel is a positive working environment in my opinion.
Great place to start a career!!!
Civil/Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2015
I really had fun working at Bantrel. Great pay and benefits! Really good work environment and last but certainly not least you get every second Friday's off.
Pros
every second Friday's off
Cons
Job security is bad. They will get rid off you regardless of performance when economy goes under.
Very proferssional, Great Atmosphere
Receptionist/ Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab3 November 2014
Bantrel is a great company to work with. The office culture is really great. They are always looking for different ways to improvement everything, Not only themselves but the environment as well.

They have an awesome benefits package and take care of their employees very well.
Pros
Great company, great team work, and communication
Cons
Travel times. This place is just too far for me.
Productive and fun workplace
Piping designer (Current Employee) –  edmonton, ab18 March 2014
the place where you can improve and develop your skill and use your experince