Bantrel

Bantrel Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Great place to work. Bantrel was dedicated to procedures and systems to deliver a quality product. It had challenging and rewarding work assignments . I recommend Bantrel as a great employer
Pros
Interesting Work
Cons
Short Future base on project life
trying to stay busy was hard. always tying to find a job to charge too. I learnt from Bantrel never stand up for yourself in a company when you have been a loyal employee and given 200%, or loose your job.
I like to work here in Bantrel Edmonton. The only problem is My family and I live in different city. I need to drive back and forth between the two cities.
Good place to work. Very busy which meant long days and working weekends. Great procedures and standards available for independent work. Nice culture with activities, games and cultural celebrations.
in the Civil/Structural department Lead is disinteresting person that doesn't care about team. He is against all changes and only takes advice from his retiree friends. All efforts to automate and change process will be criticized by him.
Pros
good pay
Was at Bantrel for a short period of time. Daily routine was plant project reviews and data gathering. Was inserted into a refinery operation as a support team member.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
The old support team had just left and were not available to transition.
It is a good company to work for. Experienced project engineers, discipline engineers and designers. Excellent job quality system - ensures deliverables are issued on time and with high quality. Friendly environment and helpful staff. Social club always provides entertainment events where workers can get know each other better.
Everyone is helpful and try to get the job done on time. Work together as one team. Try to find the best solution for the client. Flexible working hours.
Just there to help tear down scaffolding and return it to the yard. Separate the material,count it, band it and have it ready to be trucked out to the next location it is needed.
Pros
Lots of workers to share the tasks
Cons
Very filthy and dirty equipment. Extremely dangerous conditions to work in
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bantrel?
As a brotherly company of Bechtel Co. Bantrel has a very unique standards specifications for use. Bantrel has a great management group who can listen to your concerns and recognize your performance. Bantrel Edmonton office is assembled of many talents who drive the company to the success. The working environment is very friendly. Your great performance can be rewarded with good bonuses. Career development program is very attractive as well.
Pros
Rewarding bonuses and great benefits
Cons
Long hours sometimes
I have over eight years Canadian solid work experience as a structural designer/ drafter in oil and gas, industrial field, residential (both roof and floor trusses), commercial and institutional projects, etc. I also have more than 15 years of work experience as an Architect in China. I have been responsible for all the architectural/structural design, layout, and 3D modeling, and I have attended review meetings and coordinated other disciplines, providing exceptional client service and developing technical expertise to deliver practical, creative solutions. I enjoy working in a team and I am capable of working independently. I have excellent organizational skills needed to work on a variety of projects. I am very knowledgeable in the use 2D platform (AutoCAD, Revit, MicroStation) and 3D module software (ProStructure and Civil 3D). i like work with this company, give me a lots of fun and good memory.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Cons
Bantrel has been a wonderful place to work, great team support, and very flexible to allow the work / life balance I craved when I left my old employer. Unfortunately, Bantrel has been affected by the economic downturn in the oil and gas sector and layoffs have had to happen much to the disappointment of management who tried to hold on to people for as long as possible.
Hours are very flexible if you are a morning person like me, I start around 6 in the morning and leave at 15.45 - that way I avoid the worst of the traffic! Bantrel work a '9 day fortnight' where you make up the hours over the working fortnight and take off every second Friday. The hours are 9 hours a day Mon-Thu and 8 hours on the working Friday. The work environment is generally relaxed however it can get quite hectic when busy (where doesn't it?). Overall Bantrel is a positive working environment in my opinion.
I really had fun working at Bantrel. Great pay and benefits! Really good work environment and last but certainly not least you get every second Friday's off.
Pros
every second Friday's off
Cons
Job security is bad. They will get rid off you regardless of performance when economy goes under.
Bantrel is a great company to work with. The office culture is really great. They are always looking for different ways to improvement everything, Not only themselves but the environment as well. They have an awesome benefits package and take care of their employees very well.
Pros
Great company, great team work, and communication
Cons
Travel times. This place is just too far for me.
the place where you can improve and develop your skill and use your experince