Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Pay & Benefits reviews

It wasn't for me but might suit other people
Good salary and benefits, good work-life balance, growth opportunities but the climat was toxic in my department which lead me to a burnout and leaving the entreprise
Great Job
Great job with good earning potential. I would recommend working for this company.Benefits were really good and their is alot of freedom to make your own schedual
not good at all
do not work for National bank, salary is very low and management is poor. No opportunities are available for people who want to move up in the company and progress
Good employer
Overall good employer, good salary, good benefits. Good work environment. I don't have much more to say, it was pleasant working there but I don't want to work in Montreal anymore and jobs on the south shore are rare.
fun place to work
I would recommend to anyone to work at the NBC. multitasking environment so you feel very useful, and there is free parking!
Pros
free parking
amazing overall Organization
wonderful employer. Amazing salary and benefits. Professional and innovative work environment with a great network and staff.
Great benefits
Great experience at the NBC. The company treat its employees very well with various benefits and programs. Overall I would of stayed longer if it wasn't for the layoffs.
Good working experience for sales-oriented employees
Fun work place with accommodative management. Was able to adjust the work schedule according to the school schedule. The overall performance of an employee depends greatly on his/her ability to sell.
Pros
Flexible hours
Wonderful Place to work
Very Good place to work. One can manage their time lots of free time at your disposal.
It's growing fast out of Quebec, excellent benefits for the staff.
Pros
Own boss
Cons
Great for getting experience and applying it elsewhere
The bank is very stable generating millions of dollars in profit on a yearly basis. They take good care of their main share holders and the people who bring significant amounts of money on a regular basis. On the other hand they disregard their employees. Basically, they overwork you for the least they can pay you. You would have no appreciation for your work or your effort.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Long hours, non supportive superiors, very stressful
Good work-life balance.
Workplace provides learning tools to employees.

Good employees benefits.
Managements are flexible and open to new ideas.

Fun place to work.
Fun workplace
A typical day at work is assisting senior managers with ad hoc requests. I learned a lot of new skills working here. I met so many fantastic people who I am still friends with to this day. Management is great here. I loved working here, it was a great environment. The hardest part of my job was surviving constant restructuring.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Salary was a bit low
Stable company that I can grow until I retired
It was amazing experienced. The most enjoyable job I ever had
Pros
Free parking
Low salary, low value
Typical of a large company, employees are just a number and easy to replace.
Salary is lower, however, better than industry interest rates for personal loan, mortgage, mastercard.
Pros
Low interest loan and cheaper mortgage
Cons
Work at least an extra hour a day is considered normal
My role as a Senior Financial Services Representative
I have over three years of experience working in a financial and administrative environment which has allowed me to gain extensive knowledge in dealing with a diversified clientelle, maintaining accounts, processing complex financial transactions, performing various administrative tasks as well as the proper handling of sensitive and confidential documentation. As a senior financial services representative, my position involves a high level of problem solving and attention to detail as I am expected to follow formal banking procedures. The most enjoyable aspects of my current job is that I am able to train current and new employees and that I am able to provide various financial solutions to clients.
Pros
Great vacation periods and benefits
Not now
Working as consultant but company like cheap labour. Advancement is difficult as every manager has not a broad vision of the organization.
Pros
Good environment, no long hours
Cons
No Advancement
Very good company to work for
A fantastic learning curve that provided much experience able to transfer to another employer
Pros
Balanced work/life
Cons
Low Salary
Nice environment
I have learned new software but with minimal hours training. Nice co-workers.
Cons
no breaks
No structure or support for the Mortgage Development Manager Position
National Bank is developing a revolving door for their Mortgage Development Manager position. There is little training, no support from Management to resolve issues, poor equipment, and non-competitive compensation. I would recommend you look to a more established financial institution to avoid the daily problems at National Bank.
Pros
Friendly, relaxed atmosphere in the Branch.
Cons
Frequent equipment failures, conflicting lending guidelines and policies, low compensation, claw backs in the compensation program
Investment advisor

Basically to raise assets in a brokerage house,
from morning till night opening account , buying selling and bringing assets to firm.
Good advancement opportunities and work experience
Loan and recovery department is a good entry level department in the bank. Students are welcomed and are offered paid training that helps them develop the right knowledge skills and abilities to perform in a financial institution.
The work environment is friendly and a good synergy is created among co-workers.

The collection department is a challenging and very interesting department where each day is different.

Salary in the call centre meets the standards of the market.
Good advancement opportunities.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banque Nationale Du Canada. Our community is ready to answer.