Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

very good
I worked as a Teller at National Bank of Canada. Good place to jumpstart your career in finance and banking. Overall pleasant experience. I only worked for four months
An amazing place to work
NBC is amazing to work at. It is a busy & faced paced banking environment very customer oriented culture & always offering solutions for customer and responding to customer queries
It was a joke from higher to position to lowest from ombudsman hr and manager all a joke would never recommend anyone to work for this time of company
Not all but some managers weren’t professional at all, would take personally everything and do everything to fire you ombudsman will tAke their side and Hr would lie!
Great place for students starting to build a career
NBC is a great place for part time and full time workers. You get great benefits (3 weeks a year accessible after 3 months), good insurance Policy, discounts on phone lines and events.., etc.
Its easy to move up in the company
Pros
great employee bnefits, vacations, flexible hours
Cons
branch workers are paid lower than those who work at head office
Fun place to work at
It was a great learning experience where I could enhance my interpersonal skills and develop my attention to detail and care for clients. Management was very keen towards my advancement and progression as a professional.
Pros
downtown
Cons
long commute
Wont move up unless you know french
Older systems. Lower than average pay. Great place to start in banking as a lot of manual documents. Wont move up much unless you speak french which is the biggest issue.
good company
Worked there for many years. Lots of opportunity to be challenged and grow. Provided excellent in house training on job advancement. Very nice knowledgeable people.
Pros
training and advancement
Cons
commute
fun
a typical day at work
what you learned

management

workplace culture

the hardest part of the job

the most enjoyable part of the job was great and i liked working there
Almost a step forward
At National bank there is lot of room for growth if you are ok with a salary that isn't competitive enough. The management is good. I think a typical workday is challenging.
Productive and fun environment
I worked here for a year because i was in a contract. However, my contract was extended and unfortunately a higher paying job offered me another position so i went for it. But if i could i would have stayed at national bank for a longer period of time. Amazing managers, colleagues and clients. If you ever had a problem, or needed help management would there to help you and support you. Also, their training is really good. Most places throw you as a CSR on your first week. National bank do a lot of shadowing and help you practice your day to day work before you are on your own. In terms of sales it is also a great bank. I have worked for other two banking institutions and all they want from your performance is sales, however NBC makes sure you meet those but they DONT make everything about sales
Cons
wish their salary was higher compared to other banking institutions
competitive sales environment
it is a great place to join with a team goal environment heavily client centric and sales enforced if you are doing the banking industry it is the right place to begin your career
Pros
sundays and evenings free
Cons
many responsibilities
Not a fan
I worked as a CSR there not really the most advanced in technology and systems. Benefits were decent and good introduction for me to get involed in banking.
A good place to work
A good bank to work at. Smaller than the top 5 banks but competitive in its own right. This job includes benefits if you work a certain amount of hours.
CSR's are not service providers, basically just product salesmen
The workplace culture is mostly centered around sales and was barely ever centered around customer service. You will find yourself having to meet a ridiculous amount of product sales quotas.
training
My training at the NBC was self guided people there expect you to do things on your own unlike TD training is basically on your own there is not much to stay my coworkers were great the hours of operations were great other pay was ok
Pros
good hours
Cons
high expectations
Nice salary for students
Even though I preferred working in a bank compared to working in stores, I definitely did not want to pursue a career in the bank industry for two reasons : 1- it was not in relation to my studies 2- the stress of achieving quotas at the end of the year is annoying, especially if you have a bad manager.
Loved working at the National Bank
Great employer

Responded to questions about student loans.

Filled out forms

Approved forms, phoned clients if missing documents.

Answered phone calls
Pros
great advancement possibilites
Good
Flexible Schedule. Good environement. The Voxdata company has a National bank contract. They receives inbound calls everyday for credit card activation. The job of the agent is to activate the card then propose the life insurance
Good team atmosphere, organization in transition
Most positions in flux outside of investment advisors. A year or two from now the roster of positions will likely look a lot different as this bank along with most other banks transition to a more modern blueprint.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Job description security.
Great to work for.
I would still work at the National Bank of Canada if I didn't decide to move across the country. Well manage and great opportunity for advancement
Extreme favoritism, lack of enthusiasm by management
If you are not in "the clique" you are bullied by management and co-workers. Staff were in a constant battle with each other to exceed but ...again...if you were not the "in" group management made it hard for you because they gave the favourite(s) the optimum job that would guarantee their goals were met thus making it difficult to impossible for all to meet goals. When confronted with this they absolutely refused they were doing this. This attitude caused high staff turnover and management still refusing to re-think their strategies. Bullying in such a passive aggressive manner caused extreme frustration. Eye rolling, whispering and lack of friendliness amongst staff is a daily stressor.
Pros
Discounts on products and services.
Cons
Favoritism, lack of support, pit team workers against each other...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banque Nationale Du Canada. Our community is ready to answer.