Banque Nationale Du Canada

Banque Nationale Du Canada Employee Reviews for Analyst

Great place to start your career on an entry-level
I stayed here way too long. I already have 10 years of experience in banking and I am still being taken for granted.

The only problem about the National Bank of Canada is their inability to compensate their younger professionals. The baby boomers will retire eventually, sooner or later, and the place will be for us. But they are far behind compared to other financial institutions in terms of salary. My similar position pays 60-70k (without bonus) in another company, whereas I am being paid much lower.

With 10 years of experience, and 4-5 years in an Analyst/Management role, I should not be this vastly underpaid.

As explained up-top, it is a great place to start your career, but you should apply elsewhere when your manager gives many excuses of why you can't get a raise. My raise never matched inflation, and it is harder every year to keep up with my basic needs such as groceries, bills, mortgage, and car payments. I do not splurge on non-necessary goods and services, and my family and I (2 kids, my husband, and myself) have not been able to afford international flights. Our 3 weeks of vacation is used for home improvement or local road trips only.

It is very sad as I am wasting my youth not travelling.
More than eight years of office work at National Bank of Canada, I held several progressive positions by performing various tasks in different operations sectors, such as operations financial markets, wealth management, treasury operations and commercial banking.

Overall it was a good experience and I learned a lot.

What I didn't like about it: the management and how they take some situations in hand
Pros
Bonus and work insurance
Cons
Work overloaded
Development
Excellent, a nice place where you can develop yourself and you can look over other departments to gather informations about their work. A nice place also with coworkers.
Growing company
A multi-cultural company that provides you a safe working environment. There are so many development opportunities for National Bank of Canada. Montreal based company.
Job with room to grow.
A job with much to learn and opportunities to grow. very demanding position. However, never short of mentorship. This role provided opportunities to see the behind the scenes mechanics of investment management operations.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banque Nationale Du Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
Banque Nationale Du Canada Reviews by Location