Laurentian Bank Financial Group
Banque Laurentienne Groupe Financier

Laurentian Bank Financial Group Employee Reviews for Senior Administrative Officer

experience varies from one department from another one

I spent a couple of years in one department and the work was relaxed. I barely did overtime. Atmosphere was pleasant/ neutral. I have been working in another department for a couple of months now, and overtime is in the culture. Staff is friendlier and work hard. In overall, the management tries to be pleasant by organizing a few events. Tasks are repetitive and high volume; nothing difficult. Difficult to advance in your career within the institution. Good place to start a career . multi cultural.

Wonderful place to be

A very good workplace to be. People are so nice. The culture is very good, a good environment to learn. But it depends who manager is , but the policies of the bank are very professional

As If I was still in the third World

The sole and purpise of recruiting newcomers in this company is to take advantage of them. After planning to layover every unionised worker in Quebec, they are just hiring new comers with a very low salary, temporary contracts and not a single incentive or advantage. Yiu need to be permanent to get anything and to be permanent is just very difficult. There is big potential of growth and learning but it is just wasted by incadescent discriminative old ways managers who only got there by staying and waiting, sometimes it is hard to just explain the simplest concept or idea and you will hear comments and critique that will push you to just keep quiet and not bring your ideas to the table.

Pros

Coffee machine on site, but provided by the building management apparently.

Cons

Everything else

Transitional Workplace

Excellent place to work if you're a student or just starting off. Not much room to grow as a business professional. Good work-life balance but would not recommend as a career.

perfect work environment

i like the culture of the company toward the employee

Good place to start your Financial work. Friendly people

This is a nice place to start your work in the financial industry. The company is doing a big effort to update its software. Free coffee machine, nice work environment, very clean place. The salary could be better, if they were higher, the good workers would stay there many years, but because it is a little bit lower compared with other companies the good staff has to move away, then the company has to hire new people and new people means delay in production, mistakes that negatively affect the relationship with their advisors and their clients at the same time. Lots of social events.

Pros

Free lunches in busy seasons, free ice cream, bbq and treats in summer and RSP season

Cons

Not very high wages.

Better Performance better rewards

Typical day at work involves intensive processing of various types of worktypes. Working in the Mortgage Administrative Department, I learned to process renewals, payments, payment-payouts, discharges, anti-laundering trainings etc. Management is great at providing feedback and encouraging their team to improve constantly. Workplace culture is very straight forward, disciplined but also nice people to work with. The hardest part of the job is the required flexibility of having various starting shifts that change week-by-week, therefore, difficult to pre-plan for anything more than a month time. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to listen to music while we work.

Pros

Treats all the time and good vacation benefits

Cons

Constantly changing shifts and minimal training provided

Absolutely Nowhere Else I'd Rather Be

I've found this a fantastic place to work. Coworkers are kind, pleasant and patient. Managers are helpful and caring. I had no banking experience prior to this and I literally knew nothing when I started. Everyone helped me out so much and gave me every chance for success. Plenty of internal opportunities and opportunities for learning and growth. I have no dread going to work in the morning. Also very flexible if you need time off.

Pros

The people, the location, internal opportunities

Cons

A lot of the jobs are contract or require bilingualism

Long hours, always on contract, few advancements

It is a good place to start but people are always on contract and management is disorganized. There is a lot of turn around of employees, office has changes without proper preparation or training.

Pros

Downtown

Cons

Long hours and always on contract

Startup culture type of workplace

Jeans days are given for the summer and free lunches are usually announced after a C-Level meeting. Party is held at least once a year and hotel room are even offered for those who can't drive. Otherwise, it's a financial company and time management is key.

Pros

Liberal culture

Cons

Uncertainty about job security

Up and coming company

This company is definitely expanding and changing with the time towards newer technology. They are also changing their structure towards more contract workers for any students looking towards getting a part time job in between school.

Pros

Amazing people and overall environment

Productive work place

Good work life balance. Great place to develop a variety of skills. Wonderful co-workers who are always available to help. Best part of this job is that you are always learning something new.

Pros

Fun Fun Fun

Cons

Great overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laurentian Bank Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement