Laurentian Bank Financial Group
Banque Laurentienne Groupe Financier

Laurentian Bank Financial Group Employee Reviews for Administrative Officer

Professional Enviornment

People are polite and helpful. Despite, It is a banking environment, stress is under control and constantly you will find interest job options within the company.

It was good

It was a decent experience, although sometimes work got a little repetitive and alienating, the management did all sorts of fun things to keep people alive like lunches and what not. RRSP season was fun, there was a lot of work and great opportunities for over time. People were very respectful to each other and morale boosting.

Excellent first job, horrible in general

Managers incompetent, highly bureaucratic environment. Bilingual employees make 10,000 more annually at the same job level. No proper coordination between departments. Overall a big mess, useful as a stepping stone into banking and finance industry in Toronto.

Team work, excellent training and support, development of networking.

A typical day at work was to complete the assigned transactions, report to supervisor and received training to improve performance. Supervisors and managers took time to provide feedback and training (one on one) when needed.

Toxic Corporate Culture / Bad management

A horrible environment that created complacency and unrest in employees and demotivated anyone seeking to correct the company's numerous dysfunctions. Employees were promoted based on years of service, whether or not they merited the advancement and often in spite of their own reluctance to accept the opportunity. Constructive criticism when unheeded and senior management seemed quick to ignore any genuine opportunity to address employee concerns. Destined to fail.

Pros

Casual dressing, Caring, talented people, especially in my own team

Cons

No work and lifestyle programs, cronyism, no opportunities for advancement

Demanding fast pace environment but fun to work at.

Typical day is from 8am to 5pm. Don't be late...they take notes literally of how many minutes and how many days you were late and that will affect your bonus. Upper management demands a lot and recognizes too little. Workplace is good. Great people to work with, Great team-work. The hardest part of the job is the very minimal recognition of your hard-work and the amount of overtime you put into it. The most enjoyable part of the job are the company's party: summer boat-parties & Christmas. The parties are always fun!

Good temporary work place

Good temporary work place or for first job. Offers good opportunities as well to work in financial industry. Very high turn over. Management open to changes

Good people; Job too relaxed

I work with good people but I do not have a role in my core area of experience/expertise and have too much time on my hands. I like the culture of the organization and my reporting manager is a nice person. Wonderful office and great location.

Overall the companies I worked with are good employers

A typical day at work is busy especially in the morning. I learned more about settlement of trades and reconciliation of cash and stocks. Management is good. My co-workers are a good team players. There were times that the volume of trades to settle is huge and complicated that is very challenging to finish within the deadline period. Enjoyable part of the job are meeting held on hotels that I was able to see and eat at various hotels in Toronto.

Pros

Good benefits and other special events like summer ice cream day

Cons

Long hours of work

Excellent place

So far excellent place. However very hard to find a full time position. The human resources can be better but still they did excellent job.

Experienced in Client Services/administration/support roles with sound IT Technical Skills

A bank which works with advisor's. Good team work environment. A good place to work with enjoyment for skilled people of all fields.

Productive, great management and support

- Complimentary Tea and Coffee - Enjoyable atmosphere with colleagues and managers. - Great support and opportunities of advancement in an ever growing company. - Every new hire gets the opportunity to sit down and hear from and have a Q & A with the CEO.

Friendly atmosphere with good management

Use several systems to manage the volume of cases. Investigate and perform thorough checks to ensure consistent and efficient service. Work independently or in a team when required. Management is very busy and keep the team focused in areas that need immediate attention. Very friendly co-workers that have the entire teams interest at heart. Hardest part is the lack of interaction and work can become routine thus loss of motivation. There is a lack of variety and salary is not competitive. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people.

Very cooperative and team player

Like exercise running which help me to keep healthy, energetic, strong and hard working. In addition to those interests and passions, my professional life is a huge part of who I am, so I'd like to talk a bit about some of the strengths which I would bring to this job. • Team Player, driven to ensure that the whole team is successful in meeting client needs. • Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer & Outlook.

Pros

quickly, consistently, completely with quality and quantities, developed purpose-built back office solutions that create better, higher utilization while improving all-around productivity.

Cons

Long hours, Account for work regardless of source – including manual tasks.

The people I work with and department manager are fabulous, committed and conscientious individuals.

B2B bank is a great company. I learned a lot from them. My manager and co-workers are all very supportive to new people like me. Our department always have meetings to discuss everything regarding our work.

Pros

love the people

Cons

Its hard to be a full time employee in the company.

Great Workplace

Excellent team and work experience. Learned a lot from senior managers and co-workers.

A good organization to learn and utilize skills

It is a good place for your to learn different things and effectively apply on work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laurentian Bank Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement