Bank of Canada Employee Review

View all Bank of Canada reviews

Enjoyed going to work each day, it was like family.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario26 November 2013
A day would start off with a hello from everyone you meet. It was very friendly. I would start off by making sure we balanced the night before and then fax the balance to Head Office.

I learned so much about the balancing side of the Bank of Canada. How to be a good listener and how to make each employer feel they would confide in me. I would have to answer the phone and direct the client to the proper section. I learned how to train and be trained
within the bank.

The management and co-workers worked well together to get the job done in a timely manner. The management was easy to talk to and very helpful.

The hardest part of the job was not always having the answers a person would like to know. As I was helping out in the HR section people would come to me for answers, and it would take me a few hours to find it for them.

Was the end of each day when I knew we had balanced and each person would go home. In my job the Bank would have to balance its cash flow so everyone would be able to leave for the day. Plus also enjoyed the interactions with my co-workers.
Pros
The free lunch every year to say thank you to us for a job will done
Cons
We would have to stay until we were balance, even if it was late into the evening

Other Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

Great place to work, but hard to get permanent or long-term positions
I.T. Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 March 2018
Great place to work, but hard to get permanent or long-term positions. Good when it comes to everything else, except it is competitive when it comes to finding long-term positions or permanent positions.
Great place to build a career
IM Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2018
The Bank is one of the best employers I have worked for. The physical environment is first class, there are many opportunities for learning, and my colleagues are the best in their fields.