Bank of Canada Employee Review

View all Bank of Canada reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
Specialized Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario16 August 2012
I would get there in the morning and plan out the work I had to do as I knew all the steps to take. Sign in the system, order the reports, open the mail, sort out the work, prep the work, scan the work on the Optical Reader Machine, then do the data entry, balance, create cases for caseworkers, scan, index, photocopy legals, do change of addresses, do redemptions for clients who had payroll bonds, I called clients if they were missing certain information on their faxes like signatures, plan numbers etc.
Very friendly place to work. When the work in our area was slow, we had the opportunity to work in other departments which gave us more experience to learn other things. We had our own cubicle along with our own computer and phone. Our team leads were very nice. The most enjoyable part of working there was being able to go to the gym in the same building and not worry how long my class was as if I took extra time for lunch, I would just make it up in the end.
Pros
free lunches, gym in the building, activities, permanent job, worked overtime for time off, flex hours
Cons
we got outsourced in 2001 to another company, then i got my package in july 2008

Other Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

Great place to work, but hard to get permanent or long-term positions
I.T. Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 March 2018
Great place to work, but hard to get permanent or long-term positions. Good when it comes to everything else, except it is competitive when it comes to finding long-term positions or permanent positions.
Great place to build a career
IM Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2018
The Bank is one of the best employers I have worked for. The physical environment is first class, there are many opportunities for learning, and my colleagues are the best in their fields.