Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

Forwarding thinking and innovative workplace
Business Support Analyst, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2019
You always have an opportunity to design your day. No two days are the same. Your colleagues become family and support you in your work initiatives at every step. a great place to work and be recognized for your contributions.
Unlucky team experience in otherwise excellent company
Developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2018
What started as a fantastic experience slowly deteriorated as challenging possibilities became fewer, partially due to a misunderstanding, and I ended up learning nothing over the second part of my employment there. The salary discrepancy was ignored and never addressed, despite valid concerns. The team atmosphere is good and many hard-working and interesting people work there.
Good Experience
DevOps Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2018
Good Experience , learnt lot of new things there. Great Team and had a good work environment there to work. Managers and lead managers were too nice and so co-operative all the time
Excellent people that treat their employees very well
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 August 2018
I was a summer student with the Bank of Canada for 4 months and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was an economics major at the time, and the job exposure, training, and the experience I gained will no doubt help me throughout my career. The people were the highlight, for sure! They were flexible with the hours, allowing time off for appointments, medical reasons, etc without making me feel like attending appointments was counterproductive. This flexibility really solidified my opinions about the people and the work and in turn made me work harder throughout my summer internship. I would recommend anyone who enjoys a culture where hard work is appreciated, recognized, and celebrated, as well as anyone who values a challenging workload without the added pressure to prioritize the job over your entire life.
Pros
Understanding people, excellent fringe benefits, flexible work hours, challenging work
Cons
May need to travel frequently, salary ceiling is capped at a certain level
great job and experience
Senior MDM Developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 June 2018
As a senior developer, I am proud to have the experience of Bank of Canada. It provided the best chance for me to work with the most advanced data technology and tools.
Pros
everything
Cons
N/a
Summary
OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2018
Work was a bit tedious but the staff was great. Facilities is nice and has a gym on site. Was on contract work, getting full time was hard and eventually had to leave for guaranteed full time employment
Comfortable place to have a career
Senior Economist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 June 2018
Very good colleagues and a staff that is focused on the mission of a central bank. Typical office environment. Can take a while to advance if you are not a policy focused person - very limited space for senior researchers and low turnover.
Great place to work, but hard to get permanent or long-term positions
I.T. Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 March 2018
Great place to work, but hard to get permanent or long-term positions. Good when it comes to everything else, except it is competitive when it comes to finding long-term positions or permanent positions.
Great place to build a career
IM Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2018
The Bank is one of the best employers I have worked for. The physical environment is first class, there are many opportunities for learning, and my colleagues are the best in their fields.
Management is horrible
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
Terrible Management cant suggest any ideas they get shot down in a heartbeat. It would seem like these people managing the bank aren't even qualified to be in these positions.
Pros
table tennis
Cons
poor management
Data entry
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON25 April 2017
I'm working international company TIENS and we take 200$ every month i have 3 year experience in Data entry operator and I'm 12 hours work daily and this job is very easy and interesting this company is situated in our city
Cons
A strong and collaborative management team leveraging the best of enabling technology to deliver services
Senior Business Architect (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 April 2017
The Bank of Canada is a critical component of Canada's economy and as such must be at the forefront of banking technology to ensure Canada's competitiveness on the monetary stage.

The work culture at the bank is one that inspires creativity, collaboration and cooperation between multiple divisions that must work together. Due to the critical role in Canada's economy, playing a role at the bank can be challenging as it is vastly important to ensure that critical systems are secured and withstand cyber security threats, which the bank and its team do exceptionally well.
Pros
well designed workspaces, ergonomic
Business professional
Monetary Anaylisis (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 February 2017
Very professional atmosphere. Great job security. Training and education always available. Great location for transporting by bus in the centre of the city.
Large corporation
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 February 2017
My time there was enjoyable with hard and challenging work
I left to have babies
Sadly technology has changed a lot of what I did
Great Place to Work
Analyst Roles (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 November 2016
Loved it there. People are great and the work environment is quite good, as well. When the Bank goes back to Wellington St. it will be even better as the facility has been completely updated.
Environnement très positif et être très présent psychologiquement
Agent de sécurité suppléant (Current Employee) –  Montréal11 June 2016
Contexte de travail, très amical et convivial. Le tout se confond à un travail très particulier, nous sommes traité avec beaucoup de respect envers notre gestionnaire.
Pros
Endroit très privilégié
Cons
Aucun
Good work environment
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 December 2015
Provides good work environment with happy atmosphere. Can occasionally not be as productive/efficient as one might hope but overall great work environment.
agent aux opérations
Agent aux opérations (Former Employee) –  Ile des Soeurs6 August 2015
Lors de mes journées je faisais de la réception, expédition ainsi que du traitement de billets à l'aide d'une machine bps. J'avais de très bonnes relations avec mes collègues. J 'adorais le service à la clientèle avec les transporteurs. J' avais d'excellentes relations avec eux.
Pros
système de reconnaissance
Cons
répétition
productive and opportunities to work anywhere
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 July 2015
It was a very relaxed atmsophere to work for, allot of opportunities for advancements, everyone was wonderful to work for, time constrants was done in a timely fashon, free lunches, and activites.
Love it
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 March 2015
Great work environment, great management team, very interesting position and got to hear about all the cool things they were planning with our currency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2