Bank of America
Information from Bank of America:

Bank of America Employee Reviews

Canada136 reviews
Good team environment
For me , good management support Career advancement opportunities are always made public as is the means for improving an employee’s overall value to the company

Tons of team building activities
productif
Trés bon ambiance avec un environnmenet d'apprentissage.
I would work there again
BofA was a great place for me. I had a series of outstanding managers (12 in 5 years). The drawback of working for the bank: constant reorganization and lay offs. Having said that, it is a large organization. It is to be expected. Otherwise, of what use would HR be? None. My colleagues were fantastic. The work environment was remote, so I did not have anyone managing my time. I had a lot of latitude - ie I WAS TREATED LIKE A GROWN UP! Fortunately, I weathered the 2008 financial crisis without getting laid off, but the bank lays off people quarterly. Eventually the laws of probabilities catch up. I left the bank after almost 6 years but if I thought there was the possiblity of a long term prospect, I would have stayed. I have nothing really bad to say about working there. My expectations were met, people were professional and I liked the job. What more could one want (other than lots of money!)?
Awesome, excellent learning to an international bank
Good bank experience. Good pay, the company support, motivates the associates performance with good pay.

Long staying employees are given more perks, better work and medical benefits. The associates family are covered with medical benefits.
This place is about to collapse
Just another high caliber to step out of their toxic culture. This workplace is disintegrating at a very fast pace and will soon fall to pieces. People insist of being delusional despite being aware of the pragmatic approach to solving business issues just because they are under the hood of Merrill Lynch.

Cons:

Narrow-minded, profit-oriented, unscrupulous, negligent, and they don't give a d-a-m-n about its employees and customers.
i loved ICAP!!
it was a great place to work at before the merge.

it was the best place to work at. they had everything benefits, paid time off, discounts. people were awesome. we were a family.
business environment.
Great career choice for anyone who likes to interact with people.the opportunities to advance are plentiful. holidays off are a great bonus and especially the the pay during such.
Back-office Assistant
Customer Registration as well Corporate documentation analysis. Also, responsible for applying the best practices for Know your customer compliance policy.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of America?
great environment and learning experience was very good
Certifications/Licences:

COMPTIA : Network+ - A+

Install, configure, capacity plan, provide reporting and trend analysis for Cisco Network equipment

Install, configure, capacity plan, provide reporting and trend analysis for Aruba Wireless equipment

Follow Change Control as it relates to Network upgrades and break fix

Follow Incident Management as it relates to Network break fix

Additional Information

IT Service Technician:

▫ Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.

▫ Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.

▫ Train computer users.

▫ Maintain daily performance of computer systems.

▫ Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.

▫ Walk customer through problem-solving process.

▫ Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.

▫ Clean up computers.

▫ Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.

▫ Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.

▫ Install computer peripherals for users.

▫ Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.

▫ Gain feedback from customers about computer usage
its amazing workplace and had a professional work environment which I really recommend to any job seeker it's really like a family, I learned a lot in this company
Repetitive work
Typical day at work is to be handed a mail bin of checks for processing. You validate data on check and scan to capture image. Work volumes are at times very high.
Good Management and Learning opportunity
Bank of America is one of the best company. They have very good management and all workers have good opportunity of learning. Bank of America offers lots of Classroom and WBT training to their employees.
very busy make the day go by fast
A typical day at work, you stay busy....very fast paste. Learn a lot about the different banks, swift code, investigation, how to prepare a wire transactions, EFT payments. Th hardest part of the job it meeting 6 pm deadline...The most enjoyable part of the job is a successful day.
Bank of America is a great place to work. The salaries are very competitive and the benefits are fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone looking to work for a world class global bank.
Fun working place lot to deal with.
A great environment for working and a lot to learn. Managers support the employee and bring the max out from the employee. Great time to learn and apply own thoughts.
Pros
Good friendly environments
Cons
Salary Hikes
Nice work experience
Great boss.
Great Experience.

Great Compensation package.

great benefits.

Great working from home.

great communication.

Take good care of employees...
Crooks & Castles
Beware of the thieves in this company. This is a place that do not practice honesty, integrity, and morality. If these are the core values you want to compound in yourself as your principles I would definitely keep myself far away from this unethical organization.

Please do not get intimidated by the title. As you may have discovered, a large proportion of the incumbents get a fancy title without the ability to comprehend. Always challenge them.

Finally and certainly, no one can stop you from pursuing the decisions you have made and whatever decisions you have come up with I wish you the best of luck.
Great exploring to new technology
Introduce a variety of new technology.
Have good funding to incorporate licensed software.

Be able to learn a lot at work.

Global workplace and collaboration.
Good
Gives good experience and insight into the financial sector. Gave good training and skills building throughout. Job progression was good and day to day dealing with other professionals was positive.
Excellent
BOA has good work to life balance . Work pressure is moderate. lot event in office and location is convenient too .Will recommend anyone to work here .
Great place to start career
Bank of America is a great place to work at for those who are passionate about finance and banking. It is a good place to launch a career if you are a new graduate.