Bank of America Employee Reviews

Found 119 reviews matching the search See all 26,463 reviews
Excellent benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2018
No longer operates in Canada. It was an excellent job culture with great pay. Salary plus commission and other incentives was extra ordinary. I enjoyed my stay and it was a fun place to work.
Pros
Great incentives
Love the Brand
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA21 May 2018
I love the brand of BoA. As one of the leading banks in USA it was best experience i had in my beginning career. BoA are willing to invest as much as possible you as long you provide return on investment. They prefer replace you rather then take care of you.
Pros
Benefits, Help with financial life
Cons
Pressure, Sales goals
Independent Work Culture, Challenging Environment to Prove Individual Skills
AVP - Sr Software Consultant /Lead Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2018
Handled a lot of Challenges in the project and had excellent opportunity to update my skills, had a lot of co-operation from management on any issues.
Pros
Friendly Environment to Work
Cons
Long Hours and Sometimes Week ends as well
Great place to start career
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2018
Bank of America is a great place to work at for those who are passionate about finance and banking. It is a good place to launch a career if you are a new graduate.
productive work environment
Lead Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
Supportive, friendly, efficient organization. Coworkers are very friendly and supportive. local management was initially stellar in developing my skill sets.
Has both Pros and Cons
Assistant Vice President; Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pennington, NJ2 January 2018
Pros:
Decent salary
Flexible working hours
Good team atmosphere

Cons:
Poor work life balance
Some locations are remote

Advice to management: Keep your employees happy by reducing the burden on them
Good
Executive Funding Operator Merrill Lynch/Bank (Former Employee) –  Ireland, ON16 January 2019
Gives good experience and insight into the financial sector. Gave good training and skills building throughout. Job progression was good and day to day dealing with other professionals was positive.
Productive place to work
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
You have the ability to learn a lot at this company. The work keeps you busy and it is very interesting. Great opportunity to learn a lot and work as a team as well as independently.
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
No cons
General
Institutional Equity (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2018
Depending on this dept you work for.
Operations is stressful. The people in that particular dept are back stabbers.

Management is a bully & yell in front of everyone.
Pros
Accessible by public transport.
Cons
Management, the environment
Great multicultural company that is located across the United States of America.
Home Service Specialist, (Officer) (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CT31 July 2018
It is a highly regulated company where accuracy and the ability to follow procedures and compliance is paramount to being successful. Underwrote home equity loans and lines of credit for customers across all major lending stated in the U.S.
Great place to work and full of talents
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York State29 July 2017
Great place to work and thoroughly enjoyed my tenure in BAML, NY USA
Team members are very professional. Good work life balance. Very competitive compensation. Not much load in the weekend.
Pros
Free lunches, drinks
Cons
nothing other than that they don't care much for the employees on Visas
Good experience if you want to experience financial software development
Equity Linked Technology (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2014
I worked for Merrill Lynch in my third year co-op. It is a technology office in Toronto with approximately 50 people. Salary was not as high as other financial firms. But people are nice and try to care about you. There are other co-op students from different schools you can get along with. There is a end-of-term presentation you talk about your achievement and accomplishment.
Pros
Learning Experience, Nice people, Work/Life balance
Cons
Low salary for 3-4 yr students
Your best is never good enough
Account Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CA8 November 2012
It is a great company with excellent benefits. The pay is very competative and the bonuses are fantastic. If you are willing to work hard and long hours then you will reap the benefits. The only down side is that they are very greedy. Be prepared to never meet high goals and when you do dont be surprised to have the bar raised on you.
Good Job
Collector-Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2018
Good People, Good job, Nice atmosphere. Learn new things, All good . Nice Staff, Good Management. Good Hours. Nice Staff. Good Employers. Nice Working Atmosphere.
It was the people I worked with that made the job enjoyable.
Inward Dual Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2013
Very corporate mentality.
I worked there during the US financial crisis and recession. Even though our division did fantastic growth year over year, due to the US division bringing the company down, we were always pushed to do more to carry other "dead weight".
I learned multi-tasking and customer service skills.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, very little vertical growth.
Great Work/Life Balance
Program Manager - Implemented Fulfillment system (Current Employee) –  Hills, BC10 March 2018
I am able to maintain a great work/life balance becasue the company allows flexible hours. The workplace culture is awesome. The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenging work.
Good
Business Objects Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Jersey, NB16 August 2017
Had good time working at this company. I was working as a contractor for project. I am not sure about the benefits personally but heard they are okay from my teammates who worked full time for a long time.
Great Place to work
Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2016
Bank of America - As an employee you are respected, recognized and provides great work / life balance.

What I enjoy the most is that the Senior Management encourages open communication.

I am very happy to be part of an awesome team, where we support each other
Pros
Work / Lie balance
Cons
Salary (probably pays in the mid tier level compared to their competitors)
Great
Computer System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Delaware, ON8 May 2018
Great atmosphere to work, with an open office concept. Management are courteous and friendly, the organization values family and team bonding. You are in charge of your own success.
A flexible placement with opportunity for growth
Customer/ Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2016
A regular day at my current job would consist of routine work however given the role is customer and financial assistance, there is always a chance for challenges. The workplace has a welcoming environment which is helpful when needed but also allows one to independently perform.
Pros
Easy going environment
Cons
No employee benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.

59K