Banff Lodging Company

Banff Lodging Company Employee Reviews

workplacecompanymanagementtimegreatstaffaccommodation

Average, mediocre

I am currently working with the company I have a mixed reviews. Their job benefits and discounts are great but that's it. We were told Canadians only need a police check non refundable to live in staff accommodation and not to work in the hotel. The staff accommodation is a joke, we are treated like children with a cleaning schedule, list of things that need to be done every week, and then they come every week they come and inspect it. The craziest thing was a crumb under the couch and had received a warning. If you are given too many warnings you get charged more for rent . The job is a joke as well, managers that don't want anything to do with the workers and tell them it's not their issues, management that clearly has no idea what they're doing when it comes to housekeeping. When I arrived I was shocked at how much things get missed how much they simply do not care. The last thing is being told directly by your manager that we are not a priority when it comes to hours because we don't have a working visa and are Canadians.... AVOID UNLESS DESPERATE

Management Nightmare

All I can say is management at the Caribou lodge is a joke J.C whitehead couldn't manage a lapdance in a brothel. If your not management your trash!!!

Pros

Awesome work mates.

Cons

Management Nightmares

Insights into Banff Lodging Company

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

fun and energetic company

Working with BLC has been a great experience as the company really values their employees and provides a place for them to shine in the work environment.

Worst company

I haven’t seen worst company like that No management for anything Monopoly workplace .managers are super inefficient about their work Doing only time pass in that company

Not to bad of a place to work

The job it’s self is not the best but it is honest work, management is very good, as well as usually very good coworkers. The living spaces on the other hand are a bit out dated with many problems within the room from some damage to the walls, random stickers in weird places, and a broken screen for the window. The housing management might seem nice at first but don’t give two s%*ts about you and only that you do what is necessary, as well as can be very mean at times

work

working there was pretty good some of the managers were not very friendly but overall enjoyed my work experience there. the staff accommodation was good as well some of the rules were strict though

20 years and counting

I started out with BLC as a 21 year old with no intention of staying longer than a summer. 20 years later I'm still here, home owner, husband, father of two, living in a beautiful place with lots of chances to play in the great outdoors. Banff isn't an easy place to build a life but with patience, hard work, and an eye for opportunities it can be done.

Pros

Company culture, employee share ownership program, home owner loan

Place full of opportunities

A lot of different jobs to apply whitin the company, staff acommodations are provided by the companny. Great ammount of work to do in summer season and overall friendly staff

Don't do it

This company pretends to care about its employees, but trust me when I say you are nothing more than a number. You will be expected to mould your entire time in Banff around your job, they can let you go at the drop of a hat, you will likely not get as many hours as you need to live comfortably, and if you complain or try to get better treatment they'll find an excuse to fire you from your job and have you booted from accommodation. You'll have a better time with any other company in Banff.

Pros

coworkers were fun

Cons

everything else

Excellent Work Environment & Great Staff Accom!

I worked for the Banff Lodging Company for the better part of a year. My employer was always extremely accommodating and I really enjoyed all of the people I worked with. During my time with the company, I stayed in staff accommodation and I loved it. I am very surprised about the previous comments stating that the staff accom was terrible. I had nothing but positive interactions with the team and genuinely enjoyed my stay. The living environment and cleanliness of the accommodation was top notch and the housing team were super flexible and attentive to any concern I had. Overall, the Banff Lodging Co. is a great place to work and live.

Pros

Staff Accommodation

Fine work place but hard work

To anyone who has ever worked in housekeeping hey know its no fun, the staff at BLC are very nice and the benefits for working for BLC are worth it. The staff accommodation is cheap if your willing to share a room. The managing staff are very nice and understanding

Pros

free yoga classes, discounts at most of the restaruants owned bu BLC, Cheap gym memberships, Good private health insurance once you've worked for them for 3+ months

Cons

hard work, varying hours, little to no tips

prison cell

it's a decent place to work but the regulations and internet is so bad that they don't really care about managing the place in staff accommodation. it's better to get a job in the city and get a rent there instead of feeling like you're living in prison cell.

Cons

bad internet, bad management from staff accommodation

Management not supportive

You get paid peanuts and they take away your benefits with time. They want to keep you long term but no salary increases. They use to give me breakfast for five dollars but afterward, they made it 10. Then they increase the rent for worse accommodation.

Cons

Excellent company for young professionals

The company will help you progress on your career. A lot of opportunities has been coming throughout the year. The people you work with is one of the best in this company. You're basically running the hotel as a team.

Pros

Career advancement opportunities

Cons

Short Hours

Great Company Culture, Great Perks!

I cannot say enough good things about this company! It is not easy to get a manager job from the outside as they have a lot of good internal candidates eager to move up. So great opportunities for career advancement. Once you get your foot in the door, you are well taken care of. Extensive training, good HR practises, suppport from your managers and amazing perks (great discount on ski passes, rentals, restaurants, hotels, spas, bus passes etc...). They give you clear instructions on what they expect you to do, people are nice and there is a great company culture that reflects the Owner's vision. A gem in the Rockies!

Pros

All of the above

Great for Work & Travel not so great for your Career

Working in Banff was amazing, as the nature makes up for any stressful day. Be aware of this company though as they go through so many employees they seem to forget about carrying about employment standards. I was contracted to a 35 to 40 hour week which I just worked over summer and peak time. In the off season I was down to 15 hours a week, which didn't give you much money after rent was taken off. Also on my first day at work, I was a surprise to the manager there, nobody knew about me starting there and I wasn't on the rota for two weeks. As Banff is living of seasonal workers a lot of them are there for their work and travel year. Most of them never worked in the hospitality industry before, so the moral and attitude is not so high. Which is hard if you trying to make this a step of your career. Overall. Still a great time in Banff, as the people you meet are great and there is always something to do.

energetic work place with great administration team

A great place to build a career with amazing work environment and plenty of benefits. staff accommodation is perfect alongside with the staff housing management.

Sehr gute Arbeitsbedingungen/ High Work-Life Balance

Gutes MAnagment mit flachen Hierarchien und sehr guten Möglichkeiten der Karrieregestaltung

海外サービス業のホスピタリティ精神

多国籍の従業員の中で言語スキルとコミュニケーションの重要性を学ぶことのできる職場でした。 欧米系旅行客に対するマナーやプロトコルの勉強にもなりました。

Pros

上下関係を感じさせない自由な気風

Great for a summer job

Working in Banff was incredible and an amazing experience, this job made travelling easy and i got the most out of my summer. The job was hard and quite taxing some days, but being in Banff and having the mountains around you, really made up for it. plus with discounts in most restaurants around and free activities for being a local, you can't go wrong.

Comfortable place to work

A little behind the times. Good growth and solid acquisitions. Managed with hospitality focus on lodging more over food and beverage. Not competitive with salary or wages.

Pros

Good staff discount

Cons

Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banff Lodging Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement