Bandstra Transportation Systems Ltd.
Happiness score is 74 out of 100

Bandstra Transportation Systems Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews

managementgoodcompanygreatworkteampeopleemployee

Great place

I would recommend to friends and family to join the bandstra family, everyone is very close and welcoming. The office staff is like a big family it’s very lovely to work in an environment no relaxed

A place to grow and create a career

Working at Bandstra Transportation has been a positive experience. They place a strong emphasis on recognizing and valuing their employees. From regular employee appreciation emails to opportunities for growth and advancement, Bandstra truly prioritizes its staff. I highly recommend Bandstra to anyone looking for a fulfilling career in the transportation sector.

Insights into Bandstra Transportation Systems Ltd.

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Thoughtful Company

Bandstra has been the most thoughtful company I have ever worked for. Every day I have great people to work along side. My interests in the company & other are always heard & responded to. Every person in this company is a great asset & we all work together happily. Work is my happy place.

Pros

Great people, freedom to be who you are, safe environment

Cons

N/a

ever changing day to day challenges. keeping busy and never bored

coming up on one year here and things are still exciting. every day i have a new challenge and that helps with motivation and moral. office staff are profeessional and funny most workers are happy everymorning equipment are clean and maintained well

Pros

free coffee and great personal

work night

The management doesn't care much for drivers, ongoing problem with dispatch. If you break down get ready for a I don't know what to do answer ,and then sit and wait. If your switch driver is late, you get to sit free for the first hour. It happens a lot.

Pros

got paid

Cons

management and dispatch not helpful

A good career

Busy terminals with lots of diverse customers and projects. Lots of customer dependence which means lots of work to keep them satisfied, so some high pressure situations to handle the volume and the last minute customer emergencies. Plenty of OT, good equipment, some older, with more and more new stuff. Management puts lots of effort into getting you the tools to do your work better and easier. Advancement for those who can perform and there are always efforts to improve and noticeable changes. Big difference in the past 6 years!

Excellent company to work for

The best company Ive ever worked for, this is the only job that i really enjoyed coming to work everyday. The culture at prince george has changed to more of a positive/ respectful manner in the past few years. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect.

Pros

Great composition, Great culture, Respect, You have a voice.

Cons

Work life balance, ultimately it can be managed by self managing.

A typical day at work

Great company to work for. Always shows appreciation for your work and always there when you need help or assistance. Great RRSP plan as well as benefits, as well as full time hours and flexibility for time off.

Pros

Great RRSP plan/benefits

Cons

Excellent opportunity for training and carrier growth, industry leader in BC

Good team culture where people take pride in supporting others. Newer equipment and good maintenance department. A variety of Class 1 work weather long haul or local preference.

Pros

Lots of work and good attitudes

Best Shipping Company in Town to work for!

Good Wages, Decent benefit Package Management is easy to talk to,Lots of work and hours, Only Full time positions.

Pros

Easy to talk to Management, Friendly Employees and Management, Free Coffee, Christmas Party (Pre Covid was in my opinion the best).

Cons

No Nap Pod

Great company that has values and cares about the people who work for them

Primarily office work that provides daily challenges and learning opportunities. Company is well respected and has a great team that works together. I have seen many instances where the company has shown how dedicated they are to their employees well being.

Good comradery with most people at work

Good work environment in office/warehouse. Lots of room for advancement. I moved from P&D to Class 1 driver to office staff(dispatcher) with Bandstra

Pros

good benefits/work is stable

Cons

Great place to work with great management and employees.

A typical day at work can vary being a trucking company. Each day presents different challenges and with the great management team and devoted employees makes it easier. Culture is awesome as everyone interacts with one another(management, and employees) very well and are able to complete daily tasks at a high standard. The most enjoyable part is leaving at the end of the day feeling good about what was accomplished with co-workers/management.

A growing leader in the transportation industry.

Bandstra Transportation is a company that shows its quality of work environment with a large, long standing workforce. There is a great sense of belonging within Bandstra and with a huge diversity of employees, everyone is welcome. The senior management team is always support of new initiatives and new ideas that employees may come up with. Creativity and a strong sense of pride are commonly found values in the employees.

Avoid bandstra

Poor management. The worse union ever,only for the company not the worker the company will treat you like like you are nothing. High turn over of staff and poor equipment

Pros

Perfect place for drivers with no experience

Great learning experience, diverse tasks and you get to explore your community while you work.

The good: Lots to learn and training is starting to become a thing, which is nice. Great job to learn where every street and business is in PG. There's a staggeringly huge amount of freight that goes through the PG branch. Some pretty good people employed here. Overtime hours are plenty.The bad : There's a couple employees locally both in the union and in management who aim everyday to escalating anxiety and make your job needlessly difficult. You are often coerced into participating in Overtime hours. Forever short handed.

Friendly workplace

Everyone is very friendly and has a small business feel for a large company. I came into the company with minimal experience and have gained so much knowledge through training and support from management.

Excellent place to work. Diverse team, honest leaders, great culture.

Bandstra is a great blend of professionalism and a family atmosphere. You will feel a part of a team that is working together. Facility in Abbotsford is easy to get to by car and parking is provided. Public transportation is also nearby.

Pros

Office is clean and safe.

Professional, business oriented, fair, ethical, competent.

Rock-solid, character team of professionals. A great time to enter the organization as the business evolves and grows. Lots of learning and advancement opportunity for all.

Good hours

Treated with respect and people were helpful when you had questions. They run older model trucks because it’s been hard to replace the trucks during the truck shortage.

Management lies.Poorly run and operated.

At my interview things were promised and terms of hiring agreed to. I accepted the job when offered on this basis. Over the next year everything that was promised was forgotten about. Advancement in the company, exact job description in original hired position. Job description didn’t change while I was there they just denied everything that was said in the interview. I did get a raise early on but shortly before I left my hourly rate was dropped by $2/hr. Management denied that I had ever gotten a raise and that I had been collecting the higher amount for almost a year with out their knowledge. Seniority means nothing to them. Junior driver gets the nicer truck and first choice on shift times.For a while I was driving highway. They pay by the mile. The rates they pay, coupled with all the stipulations about what is “included” in the mileage rate, guarantee you can never make more that $18/hr on the average.

Pros

Some comradeship with warehouse workers and local drivers, The constant farce in the office ensures endless amusement.

Cons

Poor wages, Long hours, Employees are treated with little respect, Employees are blamed for dispatch’s mistakes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bandstra Transportation Systems Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Bandstra Transportation Systems Ltd. with

• Bandstra Transportation Systems Ltd.