Bananatag

Bananatag Employee Reviews

Bananatag is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone! With friendly co-workers, amazing management, and a pretty sweet product, working here doesn't feel like work at all!
Casual working environment with very friendly and welcoming coworkers. Hours and location are very flexible which provides great work/life balance. Management team is very supportive and encouraging although opportunities are minimal as there are limited departments/areas of expertise. As company is still in growth stage, management is self learned and therefore still developing skills marking process sometimes unclear.
Pros
Super flexible, culture is very welcoming
Cons
No clear room for advancement
Bananatag is really focused on a people first culture which is always a nice change. I feel like the environment is inclusive of everyone and healthy disagreements are encouraged even if not fully comfortable for everyone yet. I have lots of great people to learn from and am encouraged to continue working on professional development every day.
Pros
People who care, reasonable work hours, 4 weeks of vacation, professional career resources, nice office environment with pool table, coffee, snacks etc
Cons
Paramedical benefits are all lumped together which doesn't work well for me
There are lots of good things to say about Bananatag and I'd be lying if I didn't say they have to be one of the best employers, especially for entry-level work, in the Okanagan. Stand-out stuff for me is how they empower their people in their roles, take care of their people by constantly spoiling them with social events and trips, and stray far, far away from the status quo's of a workplace. At times, I'd find myself wondering why some people were there in the first place, but it seemed they have a good handle on showing people out the door when needed, and one of Bananatag's secrets to success is giving young people an opportunity to thrive. There are lots of hungry people out there who want to work really hard and do incredible work - Bananatag is probably the place for you if you think that describes you.
They value their employees and show it! We're constantly provided with opportunities to grow as individuals and as a team. Management strives to be transparent and that's something I can appreciate a ton. There hasn't been a day I've had where I didn't learn something new.
You always feel like you are a part of a team, no matter what project you're working on. The managerial team are supportive and genuinely interested in feedback to help improve the company for the everyone.
I have been with the company for a number of years and can confidently say I have been thrilled from day one. It is a fantastic company whose founders grew it up from nothing with minimal support. How does that affect the company? Well, the leadership takes careful and thoughtful growth seriously, as the emotional investment and sweat equity have been enormous. Does that mean it is all sunshine and rainbows? No. Like any company there are challenges, however they are tackled with a very different approach. The success of the company is not defined by marching orders dictated from the top but a collaborative experience. This is likely due to the leadership being able to trust in their hiring and rely on feedback and direction from the front lines to shape their path forward. That also means passengers don't find it very comfortable but driven, exuberant and flexible and thoughtful employees find it a wonderful place to be.
Pros
Team lunches (pre-covid), twice-yearly staff events, growth milestone gifts, amazing culture, great benefits and trusting environment.
Cons
Constantly changing work and responsibilities due to a growth-stage company, but for many, that's a plus.
The culture & people really make Bananatag one of the best places to work! Not only is the Kelowna office a fun, collaborative environment but it is also located in one of the most beautiful buildings in Downtown Kelowna. I feel proud to work for such a dynamic & growing tech company like Bananatag and enjoy coming into work Monday-Friday.
Pros
Great people, team lunches, lots of vacation time etc..
I've had the pleasure of working for some pretty fantastic companies so far in my life, but Bananatag has been the most enjoyable at this point! Despite the wonderful times I had with organizations in the past, Bananatag's culture lends greatly to collaborative work, personal development, and professional growth in ways that others hoped their culture would. Where some other companies fell short in offering options that would lend to all of these areas, Bananatag gives employees a level of respect I've not seen prior and has managed to keep things relatively free flowing in terms of workflow. They're also not afraid of personalities that may be a bit more bold and will ask the hard questions/hold them accountable, which shows a humbleness and genuine appreciation for feedback that's pivotal in a company's development and sustainability.
Pros
Fast paced, fun filled, maintains a relaxed air, colleagues are exceptionally friendly and upbeat, lots of team building events
Cons
Smaller company so opportunities to move up may be limited and/or competitive
Amazing staff, culture, morale, career and professional development opportunities, benefits, and treatment. Some reasons why I love working here: - They put employee happiness first - Radical autonomy (completely results based) - Super nice and forward-thinking co-workers who are as equally as driven as me - Super fun company-wide staff retreats - Amazing benefits - Being valued as a person and not just as a number or cog in the wheel - Being a part of a progressive-thinking company in all facets of the business
The amount of effort Bananatag puts into treating its employees right is unbelievable. From lunches to epic corporate retreats, benefits, flexible work, you name it! Being apart of a high performing, collaborative, and successful team has been a blast for the last six years. Can't wait to see what the future has in store here!
Bananatag is the simply the best place to work. They have provided me with excellent benefits, a fun yet productive working environment, many opportunities for growth, and a "family like" culture. Collaboration is always at an all time high and we celebrate the big and small wins along the way. Bi-weekly team lunches, dog day, ping pong, and company retreats are just a few of the perks :) We wouldn't have all these amazing opportunities if it wasn't for the hard working people on our team, to ensure that everyone is succeeding! Thank you Bananatag!!
We work hard here at Bananatag and we play harder (ping pong, pool you know name it)! Amazing culture and office environment with a focus on both the employees and the customers! Co Founders and Managers are easy to talk to and be open and honest with. They really do care about your progression and career development here. Everyone truly cares for one another and what we do here at Bananatag to help better the lives of our customers. Overall a super fun place to work with a great company culture and a ton of perks and benefits!
I have a lot of things to do, but I am free to stop any time also take a time to relax, playing snooker, video game or ping pong. I can eat a lot of snacks. I can easily talk with managers The culture is the best part, all the time the company is so careful to improve and increase it. My coworkers are amazing, they really love their job, it is so fantastic. When I started work here I could feeling it, it was so shocking
Good company to work . Great opportunity, salary and bonus structure is very competitive. Young company good people. Work life balance is great, great benefits.
Working at Bananatag has been one the best work experiences I've ever had. The company is growing rapidly, has an excellent management team that is invested in the success of their employees and maintains a collaborative and engaging culture. It's a fun place to work with a lot of perks and benefits. I really can't find any cons working here. The best part of the job is the amazing people that I get to surround myself with.
Pros
Biweekly team lunches, 4 weeks vacation, solid company culture, good benefits
From day one, I was happy I chose to work at Bananatag. The people and the culture really do make all the difference in the world and I find myself looking forward to coming into the office each day and facing new and exciting challenges. Bananatag promotes continued learning and new ideas, while encouraging both individuals and teams to have accountability for their work. The company really cares about customers and understands that they are at the centre of their success.Teams are encouraged to experiment responsibly, ensuring that we are solving the right problems for both the customer and the business. The work is extremely rewarding and satisfying. People also know how to have fun and I love that the staff doesn't take themselves too seriously. We have great opportunities for team building and Bananatag tries to ensure there is something for all personality types.
Pros
Great culture and great people, work is interesting and exciting, customer focused, modern approaches to building product
Cons
Their name or reputation isn't as well known as some of the big players (yet!)
I've never worked in a place that has so many people who enjoy working, who enjoy making the company better and enjoy each other. Everyone at Bananatag is extremely smart. Amazing benefits, and easy getting things done. Unicorn company.
Ever since I walked into Banantag's office and was introduced to the culture, I knew I really wanted to be part of the Bananatag family. I don't lie when I say we are one big family and I love coming to work to see everyone here. A lot of opportunity to work on interesting and challenging projects while having a lot of opportunity to grow and express your ideas where they will be heard and come to reality. Management will never fail to make you feel appreciated and cared. I cannot express enough how culture and employees' satisfaction is important to management here.
It's my first time in a an environment like this. I'm used to corporate environments where there are rules on how you work, when you work and what you do. Bananatag feels modern, new, fresh and exciting. It's easily the best place I have ever worked. Everyone here is extremely friendly and I get the sense people would do anything for each other. The teamwork here is passive. Aside from that, it everything you relate an amazing culture to.
I believe feeling happy and fulfilled with your profession describes this company. I recently joined and I feel that everybody is very pleased professionally, the mood there is incredible. There's absolutely a lot of room for growth, and it's very encouraging. One thing to note is that there's a sense of collaboration that I've never seen in other companies. They also give you a lot of freedom in terms of deciding technical solutions and working the way you find more productive. There's a lot of trust among peers here and this is very important for a healthy work environment. Besides all this good stuff there's the fam part. You can take a look at Instagram to know what I am talking about. Everyone is incredibly friendly and cool! In a few weeks working there I was already feeling I was part of the family (:
  1. Employee reviews