Bananatag

Bananatag Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews

Best company culture I've ever experienced.

Hands down, Bananatag is the best company I've ever worked for. Leadership truly cares about employees' well-being. I've never felt more appreciated and supported than I do at Bananatag.

Great Place To Work

An awesome place to work at. Low stress, everyone is friendly. Bananatag took the remote transition very well and tries it's best to ensure that the culture continued.I learned a lot and had a lot of agency in what I wanted to work on and how I would be done. Management is very open and easy to talk to.

Pros

Culture, Wlb, Learning opportunities/agency to bring projects to the table

Cons

Total compensation is falling behind market rates for a remote position.

Insights into Bananatag

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Great team environment

Bananatag is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone! With friendly co-workers, amazing management, and a pretty sweet product, working here doesn't feel like work at all!

Casual working environment with very friendly and welcoming coworkers. Hours and location are very flexible which provides great work/life balance. Management team is very supportive and encouraging although opportunities are minimal as there are limited departments/areas of expertise. As company is still in growth stage, management is self learned and therefore still developing skills marking process sometimes unclear.

Pros

Super flexible, culture is very welcoming

Cons

No clear room for advancement

Fun place to work, with a emphasis on people culture and good product

Bananatag is really focused on a people first culture which is always a nice change. I feel like the environment is inclusive of everyone and healthy disagreements are encouraged even if not fully comfortable for everyone yet. I have lots of great people to learn from and am encouraged to continue working on professional development every day.

Pros

People who care, reasonable work hours, 4 weeks of vacation, professional career resources, nice office environment with pool table, coffee, snacks etc

Cons

Paramedical benefits are all lumped together which doesn't work well for me

Most of the right ingredients

There are lots of good things to say about Bananatag and I'd be lying if I didn't say they have to be one of the best employers, especially for entry-level work, in the Okanagan. Stand-out stuff for me is how they empower their people in their roles, take care of their people by constantly spoiling them with social events and trips, and stray far, far away from the status quo's of a workplace. At times, I'd find myself wondering why some people were there in the first place, but it seemed they have a good handle on showing people out the door when needed, and one of Bananatag's secrets to success is giving young people an opportunity to thrive. There are lots of hungry people out there who want to work really hard and do incredible work - Bananatag is probably the place for you if you think that describes you.

Amazing company culture, great place to be!

They value their employees and show it! We're constantly provided with opportunities to grow as individuals and as a team. Management strives to be transparent and that's something I can appreciate a ton. There hasn't been a day I've had where I didn't learn something new.

Productive and collaborative workplace

You always feel like you are a part of a team, no matter what project you're working on. The managerial team are supportive and genuinely interested in feedback to help improve the company for the everyone.

Cannot say enough about this great company

I have been with the company for a number of years and can confidently say I have been thrilled from day one. It is a fantastic company whose founders grew it up from nothing with minimal support. How does that affect the company? Well, the leadership takes careful and thoughtful growth seriously, as the emotional investment and sweat equity have been enormous. Does that mean it is all sunshine and rainbows? No. Like any company there are challenges, however they are tackled with a very different approach. The success of the company is not defined by marching orders dictated from the top but a collaborative experience. This is likely due to the leadership being able to trust in their hiring and rely on feedback and direction from the front lines to shape their path forward. That also means passengers don't find it very comfortable but driven, exuberant and flexible and thoughtful employees find it a wonderful place to be.

Pros

Team lunches (pre-covid), twice-yearly staff events, growth milestone gifts, amazing culture, great benefits and trusting environment.

Cons

Constantly changing work and responsibilities due to a growth-stage company, but for many, that's a plus.

One of the best places to work in BC!

The culture & people really make Bananatag one of the best places to work! Not only is the Kelowna office a fun, collaborative environment but it is also located in one of the most beautiful buildings in Downtown Kelowna. I feel proud to work for such a dynamic & growing tech company like Bananatag and enjoy coming into work Monday-Friday.

Pros

Great people, team lunches, lots of vacation time etc..

My favourite employer to date!

I've had the pleasure of working for some pretty fantastic companies so far in my life, but Bananatag has been the most enjoyable at this point! Despite the wonderful times I had with organizations in the past, Bananatag's culture lends greatly to collaborative work, personal development, and professional growth in ways that others hoped their culture would. Where some other companies fell short in offering options that would lend to all of these areas, Bananatag gives employees a level of respect I've not seen prior and has managed to keep things relatively free flowing in terms of workflow. They're also not afraid of personalities that may be a bit more bold and will ask the hard questions/hold them accountable, which shows a humbleness and genuine appreciation for feedback that's pivotal in a company's development and sustainability.

Pros

Fast paced, fun filled, maintains a relaxed air, colleagues are exceptionally friendly and upbeat, lots of team building events

Cons

Smaller company so opportunities to move up may be limited and/or competitive

A Purple Cow Employer

Amazing staff, culture, morale, career and professional development opportunities, benefits, and treatment. Some reasons why I love working here: - They put employee happiness first - Radical autonomy (completely results based) - Super nice and forward-thinking co-workers who are as equally as driven as me - Super fun company-wide staff retreats - Amazing benefits - Being valued as a person and not just as a number or cog in the wheel - Being a part of a progressive-thinking company in all facets of the business

Amazing Culture, they treat us right!

The amount of effort Bananatag puts into treating its employees right is unbelievable. From lunches to epic corporate retreats, benefits, flexible work, you name it! Being apart of a high performing, collaborative, and successful team has been a blast for the last six years. Can't wait to see what the future has in store here!

Work hard, play hard!

Bananatag is the simply the best place to work. They have provided me with excellent benefits, a fun yet productive working environment, many opportunities for growth, and a "family like" culture. Collaboration is always at an all time high and we celebrate the big and small wins along the way. Bi-weekly team lunches, dog day, ping pong, and company retreats are just a few of the perks :) We wouldn't have all these amazing opportunities if it wasn't for the hard working people on our team, to ensure that everyone is succeeding! Thank you Bananatag!!

Best company I've ever worked for

We work hard here at Bananatag and we play harder (ping pong, pool you know name it)! Amazing culture and office environment with a focus on both the employees and the customers! Co Founders and Managers are easy to talk to and be open and honest with. They really do care about your progression and career development here. Everyone truly cares for one another and what we do here at Bananatag to help better the lives of our customers. Overall a super fun place to work with a great company culture and a ton of perks and benefits!

Great and fun environment

I have a lot of things to do, but I am free to stop any time also take a time to relax, playing snooker, video game or ping pong. I can eat a lot of snacks. I can easily talk with managers The culture is the best part, all the time the company is so careful to improve and increase it. My coworkers are amazing, they really love their job, it is so fantastic. When I started work here I could feeling it, it was so shocking

Productive and collaboration

Good company to work . Great opportunity, salary and bonus structure is very competitive. Young company good people. Work life balance is great, great benefits.

Fun company with an awesome employee culture

Working at Bananatag has been one the best work experiences I've ever had. The company is growing rapidly, has an excellent management team that is invested in the success of their employees and maintains a collaborative and engaging culture. It's a fun place to work with a lot of perks and benefits. I really can't find any cons working here. The best part of the job is the amazing people that I get to surround myself with.

Pros

Biweekly team lunches, 4 weeks vacation, solid company culture, good benefits

Great culture, people and work

From day one, I was happy I chose to work at Bananatag. The people and the culture really do make all the difference in the world and I find myself looking forward to coming into the office each day and facing new and exciting challenges. Bananatag promotes continued learning and new ideas, while encouraging both individuals and teams to have accountability for their work. The company really cares about customers and understands that they are at the centre of their success.Teams are encouraged to experiment responsibly, ensuring that we are solving the right problems for both the customer and the business. The work is extremely rewarding and satisfying. People also know how to have fun and I love that the staff doesn't take themselves too seriously. We have great opportunities for team building and Bananatag tries to ensure there is something for all personality types.

Pros

Great culture and great people, work is interesting and exciting, customer focused, modern approaches to building product

Cons

Their name or reputation isn't as well known as some of the big players (yet!)

Capture lighting in a bottle

I've never worked in a place that has so many people who enjoy working, who enjoy making the company better and enjoy each other. Everyone at Bananatag is extremely smart. Amazing benefits, and easy getting things done. Unicorn company.

Great place to work at!

Ever since I walked into Banantag's office and was introduced to the culture, I knew I really wanted to be part of the Bananatag family. I don't lie when I say we are one big family and I love coming to work to see everyone here. A lot of opportunity to work on interesting and challenging projects while having a lot of opportunity to grow and express your ideas where they will be heard and come to reality. Management will never fail to make you feel appreciated and cared. I cannot express enough how culture and employees' satisfaction is important to management here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bananatag. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement