Banana Republic Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 44 reviews matching the search See all 2,827 reviews
Perfect.
Fashion associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2019
Pros

Worked there for 2 years.
-- Amazing People
-- Top Management listens to you
-- Friendly Atmosphere
-- WFH and work life balance
-- Compensation

Cons

-- None
Infact I will reapply if I plan to move back to that job.
Great job
Chef Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC6 December 2018
Great job! Fun workplace. Management is OK depending on who you have as a manager. Salary is low for the amount of work that is done. Overall. however, would recommend.
21 December 2018

Thanks for recommending us as an employer! We're happy to see you have enjoyed working on our team.

really friendly staff members
Seasonal Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 December 2018
it is exciting to work here
meeting new people with wonderful personalities
they give a considerate amount of breaks which I feel is fair since a lot of standing is involved.
in conclusion, its a lovely environment
Pros
free lunches
21 December 2018

Thanks for sharing what it's like to work on our team in Ottawa! We're happy to hear of your positive experience and appreciate hearing your feedback.

Fun to work at but unreliable hours despite being Christmas
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 November 2018
Some weeks you’ll have hours then next week only 1 shift. I’m working over the Christmas season and the hours aren’t reliable. Sometimes they’ll even cut your shifts just because they didn’t make a sales goal. I’m passionate about the clothes and how easy the job is. I’m a student so the job works well with my studies. But just wish they gave more hours.
Pros
The discount
Cons
not enough hours and the managers like to complain a lot
3 December 2018

We've read and appreciate your comments about scheduling. We understand that scheduling can be a pain point for some of our employees. We are actively working to improve how we staff our stores, ensuring we are putting our time and talent in the right places at the right times. Thank you for your feedback.

Great place to start out in Retail
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 September 2018
At Banana Republic that I worked ad great staff and great management at the time, I was working there. I was in the support position meaning I had to do a little bit of everything which for myself was enjoyable.
Pros
Discount on clothing here or at stores aborad
Cons
Low wage
17 October 2018

We are happy to hear of your experience in Vancouver! At Gap Inc., we are extremely devoted to the overall well-being of our employees, both in and out of the workplace, and have been since the very beginning. We love hearing of the variety of tasks you were able to assist with while our on team. Thanks for sharing!

Flexible schedule
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 September 2018
Banana Republic has a friendly environment with flexible work schedule, perfect for students. However, you are payed minimum wage even if you are a senior in the company.
You are a 7 digit number in a massive corporation
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 September 2018
As management you work long shifts, you recieve bennefits after 3 month probation and your discount 50% off reg price is nice, and receive a nice quarterly bonus if store exceeds quarterly sales.
As sales associates its a battle for hours. Max we were allowed to offer were 4hours shift to sales associates. No bonuses for sales staff except lunch is paid for on special sales events. Trainning is not difficult, simple product knoledge and learning how the store operates.
Store always feels like playing catch up, needs to be renovated instead of lipstick job and upper management is never satisfied with the store.
Too much turn over from part time staff means management is in constant hiring and training making it difficult to get everyone on the same page.
Its a fast past environment and you are expected to make sales, with no compensation(ie. Commision)
Going into a Job a Banana Republic/Gap/Old Navy just be aware its a retail job, there is cleaning constantly, tasks that need to be done, clients need to be served, and when you quit they replace you very quickly.
Pros
Full time employee Benefits, discount, bonuses
Cons
Part time turn over, long hours for full time, entitled clients, no hours for part time, minimum wage
Its pretty good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 August 2018
Its pretty good. The peopel there are nice. The customers are pretty good. The break system is alright. Overall, the company is pretty good. That is my review.
Good people, good salaries, great teamwork
Cash & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2018
Team projects flow effortless as everyone is hardworking and gets along well with one another. Managers listen and take into consideration employee suggestions.
Benefits
Cons
Sporadic schedule and hours.
fun people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 January 2018
I was there as a seasonal worker, love the co workers. hours wasn't suited to my liking. had a hard time talking to the managers because (it's just me) they can get intimidating.
Pros
long breaks, fun workplace
Cons
management
Bad mangers
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 January 2018
Not a good place to be working . They don't give you enough hours. Won't let you take day offs even if it's an emergency. Bad co-workers . Just don't work here
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick16 January 2018
Management is very friendly. Good perks of the job. Good employee discount. Not enough hours and pay is minimum wage with a slight increase after years of service.
Fun people to work with, horrible management
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS9 January 2018
The manager at the Dartmouth store when I worked there was really rude and inconsiderate. He was very patronizing. Hours were not good and wages were low.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Low pay and hours
Fun place to work, good for part-timers, management could be rude at times
Sales Associate & Cashier - Part-time Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON8 January 2018
Great benefits and employee discounts, co-workers were great, management was rude at times. I had fun working here for the time-being i was there, but i cannot picture myself working here longterm. They hardly give hours.
Pros
fun co-workers, employee discount at gap, old navy, athlete, etc
Cons
short hours, rude managers
Fun workplace
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2017
I like the organizational culture, teamwork and benefits for the employees.
As you have the opportunity to choose your availability, you can balance the work and life.
Fun place to work in.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON15 November 2017
Fun place to work. but not great for people who pays bills. it's ideal for part timers only. decided to quit a month after because it doesn't pay much and due to limited given shifts.
Satisfactory Workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2017
I found working in Banana Republic on Robson Street not so satisfactory. First, management was not very respectful to the employees. Second, the salary was at the minimum, even though the work was tiring.
Awesome Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 September 2017
You have to know how to keep yourself busy and take initiative, because people aren't always going to tell you what to do. Its a great place to work with a good starting pay.
Pros
30% off of clothes
Cons
Lots of standing
Good part time job
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2017
Good part time job for kids in high school or university. Flexible with hours. Management varies from store to store. Great place to develop interpersonal skills.
Fast paced and busy but fun
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
Depending on what store you work at, it can get pretty crazy. My store has incredible rush hours, but the leaders are all amazing at making sure no one actually goes crazy.
Gap Inc pays a lot of attention to employment laws in Ontario, and you are always assured of getting the required breaks for your shift; no one is ever bypassed on that.
The employee discount is quite good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.