Banana Republic Employee Reviews

good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 May 2018
Greated and engaged customers in a professional and friendly manner while ensuring that they knew our pomotions.
Helped the customers by answering their questions and reponded quickly. Enthusiatic and knowledgeable about products and trends.
début difficile
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC16 May 2018
Mon entrée dans l'entreprise était très brusque. Il fallait que j'arrive rapidement au même niveau que les anciens employés, dont ceux qui sont très bons au service à la clientèle et n'ayant qu'un mois d'expérience chez Banana Republic. Bref, les attentes des gérants étaient trop élevés pour moi, qui n'avais aucune expérience au service à la clientèle.
Pros
les autres employés sont gentils
Cons
les gérants sont exigeants
Productive place
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 April 2018
Fun environment & helps you develop interpersonal skills. Meeting new people is great and having customer relationships make it more fun to do your job.
Challenging workplace with nice environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  North York, ON2 April 2018
The hours were not flexible and sometimes it was understaffed during sale times. However I did learn to enhance my time management skills and developed adaptability skills as displays would change and there would be different promotions on various days. Thus, I learned to adapt in different situations. Greeted customers and also ascertained what each customer wants or needs
Positive, fast paced work environment
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 April 2018
Banana Republic Factory Store offers a very face paced retail environment with daily sales target expected to be reached as a team. Within this establishment, I learned how to work with constantly changing groups of people to achieve a goal as well as how to operate a p.o.s. system. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unpleasant customers and new/inexperienced staff. The experienced members and management team are helpful and make the job more enjoyable.
Great workplace environment, friendly staff and rare encounters with difficult customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2018
I was working in the fitting room mostly and I enjoyed it a lot. I encountered friendly people and gave fashion advice. My coworkers were also friendly and I never had any problems working with them or in that environment. The management team is great, social, and very kind. The hardest part of the job was staying on my feet all day which comes with every retail job, and I just wasn't used to it. My favourite part was getting to interact with new faces everyday, and they day went by very fast because I enjoyed what I was doing.
Pros
Potluck on the weekends.
Cons
Staying on feet.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2018
Banana Republic is an amazing company to work at. It is a very calm environment, and their policies are very lenient as well. Working here has helped me further improve my communication skills. Also, it has allowed me to explore an entirely new industry. All in all, it has been my favourite job so far.
Pros
Paid 15 minute breaks
Cons
Shortage of hours
Grew a lot
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
It was an fruitful experience. I learned a lot, grew a lot. And now I am at a different point in my life. I will remember my time there for a very long time
Banana Republic Review
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 February 2018
Banana Republic was my first retail job and it showed me the importance of being a productive worker that is engaging with guests and aware of all the aspects of the job.
Good Management
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
The Yorkdale location is an extremely busy one, and if you’re looking for a lot of hours, you’re at the right place. The management team works round the clock to manage the flow of the team
Great for highschoolers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2018
Fun place to work, but definitely for highschool students. Love the environment, fun coworker values. Made friends that I still talk to today. Overall had fun.
Good place for part-time work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON18 February 2018
I worked there part-time while studying my Bachelor's degree. It helped me pay for school. They hired me with no previous retail experience based on my outgoing personality, and trained me in all I needed to know. It was scrum-diddily.
Gap is a great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada2 February 2018
great store, theres always coupons and great prices for costumers. Horrible management for 5 years straight and district management and the GAP hotline were not any help to staff.
Pros
employee discount for BR, Gap, and Old navy
Cons
management
Fun and Friendly place to work in but management does need work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2018
BR is was a good experience, the only problem I ever had there was the management. I've been working there since 2014 and since my time there we've had a lot of Gm and manger changes.
Pros
Fun and Comfortable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2018
Meeting sales goals,merchandise processing,all management are nice treat you with respect.Perform great customer service,getting people to buy product,speaking to customers
Pros
Every body is outgoing
Cons
Minimal hours
I love working here. I am just looking for something other than a retail job!
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 January 2018
It was a fantastic place to work with great management and a fun team to be along side with you through up and downs. They really support you in every decision you make and are supper flexible with your schedule! 10/10 recommend
Good people, good salaries, great teamwork
Cash & Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2018
Team projects flow effortless as everyone is hardworking and gets along well with one another. Managers listen and take into consideration employee suggestions.
Benefits
Cons
Sporadic schedule and hours.
fun people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 January 2018
I was there as a seasonal worker, love the co workers. hours wasn't suited to my liking. had a hard time talking to the managers because (it's just me) they can get intimidating.
Pros
long breaks, fun workplace
Cons
management
Bad mangers
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 January 2018
Not a good place to be working . They don't give you enough hours. Won't let you take day offs even if it's an emergency. Bad co-workers . Just don't work here
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick16 January 2018
Management is very friendly. Good perks of the job. Good employee discount. Not enough hours and pay is minimum wage with a slight increase after years of service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.