Banana Republic Employee Reviews

Hectic and Fun
Customer Experience Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2018
There was never a lack of things to do at BR, and it was a blast being part of every minute of it.
Was given a very quick movement up in the company to a great position. Lots of responsibility and fantastic help and guidance from my GM.
You are a 7 digit number in a massive corporation
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 September 2018
As management you work long shifts, you recieve bennefits after 3 month probation and your discount 50% off reg price is nice, and receive a nice quarterly bonus if store exceeds quarterly sales.
As sales associates its a battle for hours. Max we were allowed to offer were 4hours shift to sales associates. No bonuses for sales staff except lunch is paid for on special sales events. Trainning is not difficult, simple product knoledge and learning how the store operates.
Store always feels like playing catch up, needs to be renovated instead of lipstick job and upper management is never satisfied with the store.
Too much turn over from part time staff means management is in constant hiring and training making it difficult to get everyone on the same page.
Its a fast past environment and you are expected to make sales, with no compensation(ie. Commision)
Going into a Job a Banana Republic/Gap/Old Navy just be aware its a retail job, there is cleaning constantly, tasks that need to be done, clients need to be served, and when you quit they replace you very quickly.
Pros
Full time employee Benefits, discount, bonuses
Cons
Part time turn over, long hours for full time, entitled clients, no hours for part time, minimum wage
Its pretty good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 August 2018
Its pretty good. The peopel there are nice. The customers are pretty good. The break system is alright. Overall, the company is pretty good. That is my review.
Great working environment, excellent employee discount
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2018
Managers were fair, gave adequate hours and consistently did their best to help employees become better at their jobs. The employees working there are incredibly friendly and made everyone feel welcome. In addition to the people, the employee discount was fantastic.
Pros
Work Environment, employee discount
Cons
Commute time
fast paced environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 August 2018
Everyday is a different challenge. Keeps me motivated to work with a great team and what I learned is to be focused and have perseverance. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with the standards in a fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people
Pros
career growth
Cons
heavy workloads
Amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, ON8 August 2018
Such a amazing place to work. I mean the management and co workers at the Tanger Outlet Mall are absolutely amazing. Such a friendly and hardworking place to work. I would definitely say apply here if you're looking for part time hours, with a amazing staff.
Pros
Amazing management
Cons
Short hours
30 August 2018

We love hearing this! We're extremely committed to the overall well-being of our employees, both in and out of the workplace, and have been since the very beginning. Thanks for sharing!

An oppurtunity lost.
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 August 2018
I've done the best I can so far however some people aren't very nice despite all my efforts. I get little to no shifts throughout a week and have had a long gap between getting shifts throughout a regular schedule. The management stresses me out. I get anxious when I approach my managers about anything. There is a weight I feel on my shoulders to never make a mistake, and that if I do, I will get manipulated, even if it's small. There is an expectation to 'know everything' needing little guidance for the longer you are employed, however due to having almost no hours its difficult to fully have the confidence to not make a mistake, considering the little time you are there for, which naturally causes forgetfulness or naturally needing a reminder in order to accomplish a specific task. There is a feeling of having opportunities lost to show the best employee you can be and feeling fully reliable.
Pros
Great Staff and Teamwork
Cons
Little to no hours
30 August 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear of your experience on our team in Windsor. We understand scheduling can be a pain point for some of our store employees. We are constantly working to improve how we staff our stores and making sure that we're putting our time, talent, and energy in the right places at the right times.

not enjoyable
Sales Associate/Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 July 2018
this was not my first retail job and i can say i did not enjoy working for banana republic. The management was simply poor. They were unprofessional, not kind nor kind towards their employees, and extremely unorganized. I felt as though all the new employees did not know what they were doing due to the lack of training and a gap between the new employees and the old employees was created.
21 August 2018

We're sorry to hear of your experience at our store in Ottawa. We recognize that our leaders play a significant role in our employees' experience and we will continue to implement tools and resources for our managers to help them support their teams.

Belle entreprise
Conseiller aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC19 July 2018
Il s'agit d'une entreprise extrêmement bien gérée.
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2018
During my short time at banana republic I had an amazing time working, as the team that is put together know what they are doing and know exactly how to get the job done.
Some of the people aren't nice
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2018
I did the best I could however some people weren't very nice despite all the efforts I did. The long hours standing were hard on my back and feet. The management weren't consistent & sometimes they didn't like to give breaks even when it was in fact company policy, the people from head office came in to talk to everyone to ask them questions about the breaks we weren't getting. Everyone thought the person got fired but turns out we were all wrong, because she came back a few weeks later working like nothing happened.
Cons
Standing all day isn't for me
Average company
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2018
Although I was very good at my role, the management was subpar. They showed absolutely no appreciation towards their employees and taught their employees to treat every customer as a dollar sign and severely poach them into buying products.
Too stressful
Sale Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Park Royal, BC7 July 2018
The environment , costumers and other staff are friendly EXCEPT managers!! There are 3 managers that aren’t really organized, and one of them is TOO pushy, blamer and manipulative that even blames you for you clothes being “TOO NICE FOR WORKPLACE!!!! “The employee discount is the only reason I’m working for them.
Pros
Great colleagues, great employee discount
Cons
Terrible managers
Fun place to work
Talent DOR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LaSalle, ON21 June 2018
most enjoyable part was the people
I learned a lot about how to give great customer service
was fun getting to know the regulars
the management staff were fun and helpful all the time
good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 May 2018
Greated and engaged customers in a professional and friendly manner while ensuring that they knew our pomotions.
Helped the customers by answering their questions and reponded quickly. Enthusiatic and knowledgeable about products and trends.
début difficile
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC16 May 2018
Mon entrée dans l'entreprise était très brusque. Il fallait que j'arrive rapidement au même niveau que les anciens employés, dont ceux qui sont très bons au service à la clientèle et n'ayant qu'un mois d'expérience chez Banana Republic. Bref, les attentes des gérants étaient trop élevés pour moi, qui n'avais aucune expérience au service à la clientèle.
Pros
les autres employés sont gentils
Cons
les gérants sont exigeants
Productive place
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 April 2018
Fun environment & helps you develop interpersonal skills. Meeting new people is great and having customer relationships make it more fun to do your job.
I worked in your company
Banana republic (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2018
Hi I have a middle class family born my father is a farmer and I have also his interested in a farming life l have great expirerince in the farming life I love farming jobes and farming products
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
Challenging workplace with nice environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  North York, ON2 April 2018
The hours were not flexible and sometimes it was understaffed during sale times. However I did learn to enhance my time management skills and developed adaptability skills as displays would change and there would be different promotions on various days. Thus, I learned to adapt in different situations. Greeted customers and also ascertained what each customer wants or needs
Positive, fast paced work environment
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 April 2018
Banana Republic Factory Store offers a very face paced retail environment with daily sales target expected to be reached as a team. Within this establishment, I learned how to work with constantly changing groups of people to achieve a goal as well as how to operate a p.o.s. system. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unpleasant customers and new/inexperienced staff. The experienced members and management team are helpful and make the job more enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.