Banana Republic Employee Reviews

Found 230 reviews matching the search See all 2,566 reviews
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 February 2019
I have worked in several work environments and The Factory Outlet is a great place to work and management is extremely supportive and infinitely patient. I started as winter employee and once I found a full-time job, I was asked to stay on. I truly enjoy going to work at Banana Republic. Too bad I could not make a career of it.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Fun and safe environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2019
Banana republic has a really good and safe work environment. Everybody would be on top of what they had to do and asking for help was never something I had to shy away from. In general I found this job to be very helpful and it will definitely help me in the future.
productive and fun work place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 February 2019
the best ever retail brand to work with a friendly staff and encouraging manager. amazing work environment with a lot of opportunites to expand knowledge.
7 February 2019

We're thrilled to hear this! We understand the value in helping our employees develop skills they can use in and out of the workplace. Thanks for sharing your experience as a sales representative.

Nice place to work
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC29 January 2019
I had fun working at Banana Republic! It was my first job in retail, and I learnt a lot about fashion through working with them. The managers made an active effort to scout out talent and give opportunities for development.
Pros
very supportive management
7 February 2019

We're so happy to learn of your experience. There's a reason why we have so many employees who have been with the company for so long. In fact, some of our longest-tenured leaders got their start in fashion in one of our stores!

Don’t work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 January 2019
They don’t care about their staff. I had to go to the hospital but they wouldn’t call an ambulance because “making sales are more important”. I had call my husband to carry me out of the store. The managers also like to treat people badly if the sales goal is low. The pay isn’t great and the staff are always grumpy because of this.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes and the discount
Cons
Health is jeopardized
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 January 2019
Lots of room for opportunity, thorough training, friendly staff, flexible scheduling, great discounts, comfortable environment and much more. That's about it.
11 February 2019

We appreciate this feedback. Thanks for sharing what it's like to work at our store in Mississauga, ON!

amazing coworkers
Caissière, Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC24 January 2019
Love our team making it fun to work. Slightly poor management with making schedules and not giving enough hours to their employees, instead they just over-hire new employees. Can't grow in the company since no one is full-time other than the managers.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
management, not enough hours
11 February 2019

We understand scheduling can be a pain point for some of our employees. We are constantly working hard to improve how we staff our stores. Thanks for your comments.

Perfect.
Fashion associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2019
Pros

Worked there for 2 years.
-- Amazing People
-- Top Management listens to you
-- Friendly Atmosphere
-- WFH and work life balance
-- Compensation

Cons

-- None
Infact I will reapply if I plan to move back to that job.
Fun work environment with flexible hours for part time position
Non-Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2019
Great part time job with flexible hours. Management team was great everyone would work together as a team. Wish there was more opportunity for growth and development.
24 January 2019

Thank you for your review. We are working on new development plans to help managers assist in the growth of their direct reports. This is part of our continuous commitment to the growth and development of our employees across the organization.

interacting and problem solving with customers
Brand Ambassador, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 December 2018
every day was different, and very involving. Communicating with customers on the newest trends available, what looks best on them, and trying to up sell everything along with helping the customer achieve self motivating experiences.
Pros
learning new styles
Cons
standing all day
18 January 2019

We love hearing about the experiences of our employees. Thanks for sharing what it is like to work on our team in Surry, BC.

Great job
Chef Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC6 December 2018
Great job! Fun workplace. Management is OK depending on who you have as a manager. Salary is low for the amount of work that is done. Overall. however, would recommend.
21 December 2018

Thanks for recommending us as an employer! We're happy to see you have enjoyed working on our team.

really friendly staff members
Seasonal Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 December 2018
it is exciting to work here
meeting new people with wonderful personalities
they give a considerate amount of breaks which I feel is fair since a lot of standing is involved.
in conclusion, its a lovely environment
Pros
free lunches
21 December 2018

Thanks for sharing what it's like to work on our team in Ottawa! We're happy to hear of your positive experience and appreciate hearing your feedback.

Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 November 2018
I really liked learning about sales and how to approach customers. I was also trained on cash and got to experience those transactions. I liked the culture as it is mainly students.
Fun to work at but unreliable hours despite being Christmas
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 November 2018
Some weeks you’ll have hours then next week only 1 shift. I’m working over the Christmas season and the hours aren’t reliable. Sometimes they’ll even cut your shifts just because they didn’t make a sales goal. I’m passionate about the clothes and how easy the job is. I’m a student so the job works well with my studies. But just wish they gave more hours.
Pros
The discount
Cons
not enough hours and the managers like to complain a lot
3 December 2018

We've read and appreciate your comments about scheduling. We understand that scheduling can be a pain point for some of our employees. We are actively working to improve how we staff our stores, ensuring we are putting our time and talent in the right places at the right times. Thank you for your feedback.

Great Place to work with amazing co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
Great Place to work with amazing co-workers. No hardcore sales pressure from the upper management, though they are always motivating to sell more. There is no fixed schedule for working
Pros
Excellent Environment
Cons
Unfixed Schedules
3 December 2018

We work hard to create a culture in which everyone is able and willing to roll-up their sleeves and contribute to our mission. Thanks for sharing!

Amazing Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2018
Their ability to work around an employees schedule, or two the best of their ability, was the best I have ever experienced in a workplace. The environment in the workplace was always amazing, every employee was super nice and extremely helpful when I first started working there.
28 November 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have had a good experience working on our team. We are extremely committed to the overall well-being of our employees, in and out of the workplace, and have been since the very beginning.

Fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON9 November 2018
Managers were fair, gave adequate hours and consistently did their best to help employees become better at their jobs. The employees working there are incredibly friendly and made everyone feel welcome. In addition to the people, the employee discount was fantastic.
Great co-workers, unqualified managers
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 November 2018
Managers are not qualified enough to run a store and manage employees. Prioritize wrong things and are terrible with scheduling. Need to be more understanding of student's schedules and commitments.
19 November 2018

We’re sorry to hear this. We have always believed, since the very beginning of our company, that Gap Inc. should be a place where all of our employees should feel welcome and supported. We work hard to activate this mission in real and tangible ways across our organization, every day.

Work Smart
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service/Stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2018
Banana Republic its a timeless look they're trying to sell. They have great events such as friends and family which allows workers to drive up sales. They gave excellent product training and excellent customer service. I loved being apart of their beautiful team.
Pros
Excellent Training
Cons
Technology Out Dated
6 November 2018

We appreciate your review and are glad to hear that you received excellent training! At Gap Inc., we are and have always been fully committed to our employees’ development at all levels of the organization. We recently re-launched our development planning program, GPS, and are working hard to make sure managers are accountable for their direct reports’ growth and development.

Banana Republic
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON28 October 2018
Not my favourite place to work. The customers and employees were not pleasant. Managers had favourites and customers were extremely disrespectful. Happy for the experience. Learned alot of patience.
6 November 2018

We are sorry to hear this. We offer comprehensive resources for our associates and our managers to help them succeed in their particular roles, and ensure that they’re supporting their team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.