Banana Republic
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Banana Republic Employee Reviews

Canada303 reviews
As a student, it was easy to manage my time between work and school. The boss was very understanding and it was a great environment. A typical day of work would be to put on my microphone and earpiece, start cleaning and arranging the store, talking to clients in need of help and so on.
Banana Republic provided me with some of the best memories of a job experience that I've ever had. The staff were always friendly, management was always pushing us to do our best despite being super laid back and kind, and the shifts were flexible and the location was wonderful.
Productive and fun workplace. Friendly management and colleagues that are always ready to help. Learned a lot of the retail industry in my time working there.
As a newcomer, my co-workers helped me get through my first day and learned a lot for future shifts. I frequently asked questions throughout the day and they always helped me a smile.
A typical day about Banana Republic would include maintaining constant communication with your colleagues, keeping the store clean and organized, giving customers suggestions, and learning what new merchandise is available as well as promotions as it was always changing. Everyone you worked with seemed really cheerful and friendly, both on and off the sales floor. Management was good, very involved, but not controlling or micro-managing in any way. Most enjoyable part was definitely getting a customer to buy additional items due to your suggestions.
Banana Republic demande un effort de travail en qualité de vente et de services à la clientèle
Heavily focused on customers and meeting sales targets. Some days are busy, some slow. I love fast paced so I enjoy the job. Management is great too. After one year on the Job, I got a raise.
The company culture was great, pay was average for EAP work, a lot of great people work benefits. I just didn’t like overnight but I really cannot day one bad thing about workplace options
Banana Republic offers opportunity for advancement, they welcome everyone and leaders and employees have regular communication. Leaders coach employee about their task to clarify expectations, and they do yearly evaluation where an employee and a leader discuss their goal for the year and how they can achieve the goal. They respect school school is you are a student, however they require students to work at least 3 times a week.
At Banana Republic I ensured that each customer receives outstanding service by greeting, offering style and outfit suggestions as well as information on store promotions and events.Prepared store for opening and closing.
Best management and best colleague I wanna to continue working with them it's like a family and I think it's because of our manager making the easy environment for us.
Fantastic job in this company and peaceful and friendly environment, focus on work and store better sales and customer satisfaction, management is the best and take care of employees
Gap Inc claims they are supportive of their people but when it comes down to actually having to they turn their backs their “vision and values” are not truthful they are only out for money and always looking to blame managers and staff for failures. Never anything positive to say upper management are pretentious. Would not recommend Banana or any other of the Gap Inc brands.
- You got to know your information about the clothing wear tiptop
- You got to wear formals especially black

-If customers ask for the stock in different sizes got to get device for availability in size and colour
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
fast paced
Really nice place to start working in sales, it is very relaxed and slow paced. I got a chance to work in public and work with co-workers. I got a few days of training to get to know the store and the staff.
I enjoyed working at Banana Republic. I did find, however, that it became quite competitive for hours right before I quit. They would track peoples sales and people who did not sell as much would not get as many hours. We didn't get a commission on any of the sales so there wasn't much reason to stress yourself out to get a lot of sales. I found it to be pretty boring, a typical clothing job, and quite slow. I quit because I found it so boring and wasn't getting enough hours. In the summer, because I am a student I requested full-time hours and I barely got three shifts a week.
Just be your self..Do your job as your passion..Face all the uls and downs trials in your life.Make deals with possitive peope just ignore the negativity..And that will help you to succeed.
great staff and customers. I spend a lot of time with coworkers outside of work which helps with the overall experience while im actually three working. managers are also quite understanding and pleasant to work with.
Managers were on a huge power trip and need to realize this is a minimum wage job. I just quit and got hired at another minimum wage job as soon as I realized this, where my new managers had no issues with me whatsoever. I showed up on time, did all my work in a timely manner and provided excellent customer service and got praised by my new managers. However, when I had the exact same work ethic at Banana Republic, one manager constantly threatened to fire me over mundane reasons - minor mistakes that had little to no consequences. Just don't waste your time here - there are better minimum wage jobs out there.
Every day at Banana Republic is full of opportunities to learn. The goals that I get to complete with the help of my team is something that I look up every day when I wake up. The culture, management at the workplace makes you feel like you're home just running a family business with other family members. Everyone is open to constructive criticism and feedback from both customers and management. I love managing my team where everyone is from a different culture and maintains a collaborative organizational climate. The most fun yet the hardest part of my job is to deal with different customers meeting their needs and demands.
One of the nicest and comfortable work cultures I have witnessed.
The work is not sales target driven but its expected to make good sales, and try and meet your targets through excellent customer service and you're commended among peers for good sales and good customer feedback.

The leadership team is responsive and understanding about student schedules and makes it easy to juggle school and work life.

The employees are trained for various roles and eventually are given shifts in the roles they see most potential in. Over all an enjoyable experience however the hours given eventually lessen in non season which is one of the only concerns here.