Banana Republic Employee Reviews

Found 220 reviews matching the search See all 2,485 reviews
really friendly staff members
Seasonal Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 December 2018
it is exciting to work here
meeting new people with wonderful personalities
they give a considerate amount of breaks which I feel is fair since a lot of standing is involved.
in conclusion, its a lovely environment
Pros
free lunches
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 November 2018
I really liked learning about sales and how to approach customers. I was also trained on cash and got to experience those transactions. I liked the culture as it is mainly students.
Fun to work at but unreliable hours despite being Christmas
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 November 2018
Some weeks you’ll have hours then next week only 1 shift. I’m working over the Christmas season and the hours aren’t reliable. Sometimes they’ll even cut your shifts just because they didn’t make a sales goal. I’m passionate about the clothes and how easy the job is. I’m a student so the job works well with my studies. But just wish they gave more hours.
Pros
The discount
Cons
not enough hours and the managers like to complain a lot
3 December 2018

We've read and appreciate your comments about scheduling. We understand that scheduling can be a pain point for some of our employees. We are actively working to improve how we staff our stores, ensuring we are putting our time and talent in the right places at the right times. Thank you for your feedback.

Great Place to work with amazing co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
Great Place to work with amazing co-workers. No hardcore sales pressure from the upper management, though they are always motivating to sell more. There is no fixed schedule for working
Pros
Excellent Environment
Cons
Unfixed Schedules
3 December 2018

We work hard to create a culture in which everyone is able and willing to roll-up their sleeves and contribute to our mission. Thanks for sharing!

Amazing Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2018
Their ability to work around an employees schedule, or two the best of their ability, was the best I have ever experienced in a workplace. The environment in the workplace was always amazing, every employee was super nice and extremely helpful when I first started working there.
28 November 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have had a good experience working on our team. We are extremely committed to the overall well-being of our employees, in and out of the workplace, and have been since the very beginning.

Fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON9 November 2018
Managers were fair, gave adequate hours and consistently did their best to help employees become better at their jobs. The employees working there are incredibly friendly and made everyone feel welcome. In addition to the people, the employee discount was fantastic.
Great co-workers, unqualified managers
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 November 2018
Managers are not qualified enough to run a store and manage employees. Prioritize wrong things and are terrible with scheduling. Need to be more understanding of student's schedules and commitments.
19 November 2018

We’re sorry to hear this. We have always believed, since the very beginning of our company, that Gap Inc. should be a place where all of our employees should feel welcome and supported. We work hard to activate this mission in real and tangible ways across our organization, every day.

Work Smart
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service/Stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2018
Banana Republic its a timeless look they're trying to sell. They have great events such as friends and family which allows workers to drive up sales. They gave excellent product training and excellent customer service. I loved being apart of their beautiful team.
Pros
Excellent Training
Cons
Technology Out Dated
6 November 2018

We appreciate your review and are glad to hear that you received excellent training! At Gap Inc., we are and have always been fully committed to our employees’ development at all levels of the organization. We recently re-launched our development planning program, GPS, and are working hard to make sure managers are accountable for their direct reports’ growth and development.

Banana Republic
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON28 October 2018
Not my favourite place to work. The customers and employees were not pleasant. Managers had favourites and customers were extremely disrespectful. Happy for the experience. Learned alot of patience.
6 November 2018

We are sorry to hear this. We offer comprehensive resources for our associates and our managers to help them succeed in their particular roles, and ensure that they’re supporting their team.

fun work environment
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2018
associates were nice and friendly
management team changes frequently
work culture is good
customer focused
only thing I didn't like was the over night shift
Pros
Discount
Cons
some over night shift
great team environment
Sales Associate/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC19 October 2018
this company provides great culture and a fun working environment. Management offers a lot of support. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
6 November 2018

We’re so glad to hear that you had a great experience with management at Gap Inc. We work hard to create a culture in our stores and our headquarters where everyone is willing and able to roll their sleeves up and contribute.

Great place to start out in Retail
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 September 2018
At Banana Republic that I worked ad great staff and great management at the time, I was working there. I was in the support position meaning I had to do a little bit of everything which for myself was enjoyable.
Pros
Discount on clothing here or at stores aborad
Cons
Low wage
17 October 2018

We are happy to hear of your experience in Vancouver! At Gap Inc., we are extremely devoted to the overall well-being of our employees, both in and out of the workplace, and have been since the very beginning. We love hearing of the variety of tasks you were able to assist with while our on team. Thanks for sharing!

Hectic and Fun
Customer Experience Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2018
There was never a lack of things to do at BR, and it was a blast being part of every minute of it.
Was given a very quick movement up in the company to a great position. Lots of responsibility and fantastic help and guidance from my GM.
25 September 2018

We love hearing this! We are invested in the career development of all Gap Inc. employees, we're so glad that you received the guidance and encouragement from your manager. Thank you for sharing!

Flexible schedule
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 September 2018
Banana Republic has a friendly environment with flexible work schedule, perfect for students. However, you are payed minimum wage even if you are a senior in the company.
You are a 7 digit number in a massive corporation
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 September 2018
As management you work long shifts, you recieve bennefits after 3 month probation and your discount 50% off reg price is nice, and receive a nice quarterly bonus if store exceeds quarterly sales.
As sales associates its a battle for hours. Max we were allowed to offer were 4hours shift to sales associates. No bonuses for sales staff except lunch is paid for on special sales events. Trainning is not difficult, simple product knoledge and learning how the store operates.
Store always feels like playing catch up, needs to be renovated instead of lipstick job and upper management is never satisfied with the store.
Too much turn over from part time staff means management is in constant hiring and training making it difficult to get everyone on the same page.
Its a fast past environment and you are expected to make sales, with no compensation(ie. Commision)
Going into a Job a Banana Republic/Gap/Old Navy just be aware its a retail job, there is cleaning constantly, tasks that need to be done, clients need to be served, and when you quit they replace you very quickly.
Pros
Full time employee Benefits, discount, bonuses
Cons
Part time turn over, long hours for full time, entitled clients, no hours for part time, minimum wage
Its pretty good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 August 2018
Its pretty good. The peopel there are nice. The customers are pretty good. The break system is alright. Overall, the company is pretty good. That is my review.
Great working environment, excellent employee discount
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2018
Pros
Work Environment, employee discount
Cons
Commute time
25 September 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience on our team in Toronto, ON! We work hard to create a culture where everyone feels welcomed and supported. We love hearing that your experience reflected this.

fast paced environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 August 2018
Everyday is a different challenge. Keeps me motivated to work with a great team and what I learned is to be focused and have perseverance. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with the standards in a fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people
Pros
career growth
Cons
heavy workloads
Amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, ON8 August 2018
Such a amazing place to work. I mean the management and co workers at the Tanger Outlet Mall are absolutely amazing. Such a friendly and hardworking place to work. I would definitely say apply here if you're looking for part time hours, with a amazing staff.
Pros
Amazing management
Cons
Short hours
30 August 2018

We love hearing this! We're extremely committed to the overall well-being of our employees, both in and out of the workplace, and have been since the very beginning. Thanks for sharing!

An oppurtunity lost.
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 August 2018
I've done the best I can so far however some people aren't very nice despite all my efforts. I get little to no shifts throughout a week and have had a long gap between getting shifts throughout a regular schedule. The management stresses me out. I get anxious when I approach my managers about anything. There is a weight I feel on my shoulders to never make a mistake, and that if I do, I will get manipulated, even if it's small. There is an expectation to 'know everything' needing little guidance for the longer you are employed, however due to having almost no hours its difficult to fully have the confidence to not make a mistake, considering the little time you are there for, which naturally causes forgetfulness or naturally needing a reminder in order to accomplish a specific task. There is a feeling of having opportunities lost to show the best employee you can be and feeling fully reliable.
Pros
Great Staff and Teamwork
Cons
Little to no hours
30 August 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear of your experience on our team in Windsor. We understand scheduling can be a pain point for some of our store employees. We are constantly working to improve how we staff our stores and making sure that we're putting our time, talent, and energy in the right places at the right times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.