Bally Technologies Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Director of Field Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV3 April 2018
Bally was a great place to work. Your upward mobility was limited only by your work ethic. Employees had opportunity to travel or not. As Director I did my own hiring and firing. Was my own fleet Manager and purchased my own vehicles. I had great leeway with my department.
Pros
Good people great product
Cons
long hours some time.
High Turn Over
Systems Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 8911914 February 2018
There was a very high turn over with staff in the accounting department. External auditors were on property due to accounting discrepencies and inadequate internal controls.
Great Team
Network Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Reno2 February 2018
Good place to work. Get to work on various client properties with different requirements and meet new managers on a regular basis. Hardest part is constant travel.
Pros
People
Cons
Travel
Good ... we are aiming for improvement
Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu13 January 2018
Improvement is in us
Avoid stand offs ...it's a learning curve.
Avoid politics... Unnecessary
Avoid rumours...
I followed these and has helped me a lot and the company appreciates.
Fun workplace with loads of career prospects
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka1 December 2017
Well-managed company with excellent work culture, competent management and opportunities for working abroad in US, Australia, Europe and Africa. Great office locations at Bangalore, Chennai and Pune. Lucrative compensation.
Pros
Great work-life balance, great teams, lots of fun activities
Cons
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka30 November 2017
Had the best of my career at Bally. Worked here for close to 2.5 years. Nice employees and lot of technologies to learn. The company has now been taken over by Scientific Games.
Pros
Nice to Place to Work.
fun place to work
Lottery Service Technician III (Former Employee) –  new york state26 November 2017
Great place to work , lots of fun and great personal in all the vendors and house personal. enjoyed the work environment. a great change of pace in the gaming industry
Pros
lots of different people
Cons
low pay
Field Service Technician III (Current Employee) –  NJ / PA19 November 2017
Excellent place to work , work at a fast paced in demand job with a company vehicle and overtime available working on slot machines , table shuffle machines and systems work.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
On call
Good Job horrible manager
Lead Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NY26 September 2017
a typical day at work was pretty busy helping out customers and servicing the slot machines. I learned so much from this job ie: how to lead, how to supervise, customer relations, Project manage. Management at the time was the reason I left. she had horrible management skills, horrible communication skills, and the way she woke up or the mood she was in determined whether or not someone got in trouble or written up. The hardest part of the job was overnight projects just because it was heavy lifting and being exhaust already. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the end of a project and realizing that collectively I and the rest of my team did a good job.
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV19 September 2017
Was very comfortable and flexible. Got along with all associates they were willing to assist in training. Clothing attire was comfortable. The hardest part would of been end of month deadlines that had to be made.
Pros
Monthly pot lucks
Cons
Small Room

Want to know more about Bally Technologies?

Ask a question
Good manager, work load balanced with personal life
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV18 August 2017
A good place to work. Management concerned about productivity and efficiency and took steps to "self-improvement". Offered training classes both at the company as well out of the company and encouraged furthering education.
Pros
Good work culture
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore16 August 2017
Good place to learn things. Challenging work if you are in the right project. work life balance is good. Amenities are good.
Good place to work. Fun also.
Excellent to work
Senior QA Engineer/Lead (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV25 July 2017
Excellent to work at Bally Technologies. Their culture is excellent. Better system, benefits and better environments. There is a gym and ping pong table.I love Bally Technologies.
Pros
Good benefits and better environments
Cons
Management change
Fast paced and stressful
Sr. Graphic Designer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV17 July 2017
Good team and work was fulfilling but many projects and all had deadlines that had to be met concurrently. Internal and external customers competed for resources and at times there were not enough
Pros
Good salary
Cons
too many hours
Fun work place
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GA29 June 2017
Over 9+ years of experience in Information Technology and a wide range of progressive experience in providing product specifications, design, analysis, development, documentation, coding, and implementation of the business technology solutions.
Friendly workplace
ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  CHENNAI21 June 2017
Job security is not there and good place to work and good work culture. Good hike and salary is good. No work pressure and good to work as a fresher else a experienced
If you want to travel and see the world, this job is for you
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV11 June 2017
Most positions within Bally (now Scientific Games) involve a good deal of travel (other than engineering). While this is a great way to see the world and not pay for that privilege, it nonetheless takes a toll when you are consistently living out of your luggage.

There were some really great co-workers there, but if you are looking for a corporation that finds you indispensable, you may want to look elsewhere.
It's been a great opportunity to grow
Order Entry Specialist - Order Management Admin (Current Employee) –  Mexico, MO30 May 2017
My experience with this company has been wonderful. Everyone has a great attitude and passion for what we are doing. The position I'm working on is exciting, innovative and I love every minute of it.
Pros
Great people & team work.
Cons
Not at all
Hris
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu19 May 2017
Bally technologies is very good place to work as my intern i learned many things to develop my skills .they have helped very much to develop my knowledge in the HR practices .handling of employee files and they have been explained about how the HR roles in that company
More overtime that you may like if working in MFG.
Quality Product Assessor 1 (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV9 May 2017
Good people, lots of challenges depending on department.Manufacturing dept.can be challenging, You never know when you may be done for the day.Work until the dail yschedule is completed.