Bakers Delight Employee Reviews

Poorly managed
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hornsby NSW20 May 2018
Manager is awful, she loves to gossip, is very rude to all employees, and bases shifts off who she likes most at the time.

If you are on the older side you won't get many shifts and definitely no weekend shifts because you are considered 'too expensive'.

I was constantly rostered on days that I had N/A'd weeks in advance, and then I was required to find a cover for those days even though I had said I was unavailable.

However a positive is that you do get to take $8 worth of bread home at the end of your shift, and if you are on close you can take a lot more because a lot of it just gets thrown away.
Pros
Get to take food home
Cons
Poor management, Shifts depends on your age, Roster you on when not available
Great and Friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 May 2018
- Busy and calm days serving customers
- Learnt customer service skills and how to ice specific sweets
- Such a loving and friendly environment to work in
Professional performance and fun and welcoming atmosphere
Trainee Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD30 April 2018
Everyday was a good learning experience, I learned how to handle money and how to look after customers who weren't satisfied. I had to manage opening and closing the store and making sure everything was done on the checklist. The hardest part of the job for me as having to tell customers that we didn't have the products that they required. What I enjoyed the most was seeing all the friendly faces and going to interact with my colleagues.
Pros
Taking home free goods
Cons
Easy going job with little stress
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA23 April 2018
The job is relatively easy going and is great for developing interpersonal skills and relationships with customers. However, if the bakery is not busy, it can get a bit boring. The salary for anything other than casual is less than ideal.
Pros
Free food when closing
Cons
Low pay, can be boring
Fun and friendly work place
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Albans VIC11 April 2018
High customer interaction, a lot of cleaning. Friendly staff to work with, time management, communication and team skills are being put to the test. Nice environment to work in.
Pros
free bread
good environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  marriot water6 April 2018
It was really nice experience there. Staff was just like a family. Everyone was so supportive there and very kind people they were. Environment was really good.
Pros
Refreshment
Cons
nothing
Social Skills
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC4 April 2018
I learnt a lot with dealing with unhappy costumers in a calm, collected and mature manner. I also became more confident with interacting with all types of individuals from different age groups. I learnt a lot about working productively in a team. I really liked the people i worked with, as they were all fun and friendly. It was difficult with the frequent changing in managers, towards the end of my time at Bakers Delight, as they all had varying expectations which took time to recognise and adjust to. However, this made me more flexible as an employee
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
Frequent changes in managers
my first job learning lots of new skills
Baker / Retail (Former Employee) –  Healesville VIC4 April 2018
I learnt a lot of new skills working this job. Jobs include filling and displaying the shop with baked goods, customer service, working the register, balancing the register, cleaning and taking eftpos payments.
Pros
entitled breaks
Productive and overall quite enjoyable workplace
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Norwood SA3 April 2018
The money you earnt was substantially good.
The experience is beneficial.
The job overall can be hard at times but then also fairly easy making it enjoyable.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Cleaning the entire bakery
Cheerful and happy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheelers Hill VIC1 April 2018
Workers were always willing to help out if needed. Fun job giving you knowledge in the different types of bread and ingredients. Pay was reasonable and gave much experience in customer service
Great first job!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  SA22 March 2018
Bakers Delight was a fast paced but fantastic first job. I began working for Bakers Delight when I was 15, and have only just left now due to my university degree at 21. They provide great training, and have a fantastic work environment.
Cons
No penalty rates on weekends
good but hard
Worker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 March 2018
good place to work but its not my goal to work in bakery.i love to settle in retail sector so i quite the job.the owner is good and helpful and learned more from him thank you dexter.
Excellent place to work
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jesmond NSW28 February 2018
The work place culture is excellent. Fellow staff members are great. New managers are very professional and respectful. Extensive product knowledge is great
Pros
free bread, excellent staff and mangers
Cons
very limited hours, no weekend or public holiday penatly rates
Okay job for younger people, got worse as I got older
Sales Staff (Former Employee) –  Mount Eliza VIC26 February 2018
A typical day was very repetitive. Rude customers, very underpaid, horrible management and boss, making us do out of work homework unpaid. the most enjoyable thing about the job was the people i made friends with. With a new change of management it became very unorganised and the workers became annoyed and confused. workers had been pushed to their limit for a part time job in a bad way and due to this 4 of my co workers had left in my 2 years there.
Pros
can take whatever food you wanted
Cons
not paid enough, annoying shift hours
Fun and friendly workplace
SALES ASSISTANCE (Current Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD23 February 2018
I have worked at Bakers Delight for nearly 5 years, and i am happy to say that i look forward to working in such a fun and friendly workplace. Great customers and even better staff. Typical day at work is serving customers and slicing bread, working in such a comfortable environment makes it easier to interact with customers and enjoy the day. Very fair and understanding management, always wanting the best for there staff.
Pros
Free bread
Cons
Early mornings
Reliable
Retail Supervisor and trainer (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD23 February 2018
I worked at the bakery for 4 years and got consistent shifts which worked with my availability. All of bakers delight are owned individually however being in a franchise they all followed the same rules which overall made the work experience good.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockdale NSW21 February 2018
I enjoyed woeking but for me is very long traveling from home. The timing is not suitable and dusty atmosphere because of bread. Working in food industry is hard
Pros
Not hectic
Cons
3 hours travellig
Not a great working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 February 2018
a typical day at work was pretty good, slicing bread for customers, providing good customer service and always having a positive attitude toward customers. The pay is not great, they do tend to underpay employees and the managers were not too pleasant to deal with.
Fun with coworkers
Bakers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA7 February 2018
The job was hard on the body with all the strain of lifting heavy things as a baker,but the coworkers were good. The pay wasnt that good to live off. So over all it was hard work and straining the body for not much money out come.
Pros
$7 worth of things to take home every day.
Cons
Heavy work, low pay, strain on the body.
Negligent Management
Team Leader/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mill Park VIC5 February 2018
Management did not care about staff, often showcased favouritism which contributed to resentment and poor morale within the workplace. Management did not see fit to tell staff that the store was closing until it was already closed, leaving loyal staff members unexpectedly without jobs.
Pros
The team