Baker Tilly

Baker Tilly Employee Reviews

Insights into Baker Tilly

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment

Typical consulting environment

Busy, stressful, fast paced with a high turnover rate in my department. If you weren't part of a certain crowd it was difficult to move ahead. It takes more than coming in and being good at your job to succeed.

Management respectful of employees

Work is remote so knowledge of internet and software technology is necessary, Fast paced and intense work. Need to be able to self-discipline and complete tasks in timely manner.

Great Company, Compensation Could Be Better

Loved who I worked with while at Baker Tilly. All of my clients seemed to enjoy our teams working on sight. Busy seasons seemed to be a bit much given staffing on teams being on the lighter side, and compensation didn't seem to align with the work load.

Pros

Culture, People.

Cons

Compensation

Could be better

Could be better. Depends on office location. Too many mergers to keep up with streamlining processes. Management acts awful if they are jealous of you, etc.

Bedrijf zonder identiteit

In het begin een leuk bedrijf, maar doordat ze gefuseerd zijn met andere locaties merk je dat collega’s over elkaar roddelen.

Great company with flexible working environment

I like working at Baker Tilly, I feel like the company continuously tries to improve as the workforce keeps changing in 2022 and I appreciate the amount of flexibility the firm gives each team to both live and work!

Environnement de travail très diversifié

Pression peut être très forte et l'avis des salarié n'est pas forcément pris en compte.La direction ne se rend pas compte de la réalité du terrain.

Na

People were very nice however there was no work life balance and jobs were understaffed. Partners kept signing on to new jobs but no one was hired to fill those jobs.

Will take advantage of anyone will to over work

They have no problem running you into the ground and disposing of you when you start asking for support or help. Leadership will take advantage of you and disrespect you. Apparently unlimited PTO isn't actually to be used; I had taken only 1 partial week during the year (they still expected me to check in during this time off), and when I needed more time for a sick family member they said I couldn't take it or could either go unpaid or leave the company.... Not a lot of support for an individual who had always had good reviews and been a consistently high performer.

Cons

Culture still struggling with race; promotions not always performance based but social.

Good place to start career

prepare to have high number of clients if you join when short-staffed. there is high turnover but you can learn a lot here. There are nice colleagues.

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Se aprende de forma dinámica gracias al buen ambiente de trabajo. Muy buenos compañeros

Pros

Mucho aprendizaje con buen ambiente de trabajo y excelentes compañeros

Cons

Salario menos competitivo

Great company culture, but a lot of it depends on your manager and department.

Baker Tilly acquired the firm where I used to work. I stayed on board with my old department for almost 2 years before transitioning into a different department. The new department was core to BT and not an acquisition. I will say that the experience was night and day. My old department struggled to blend in with BT because they struggled with changes and updates (ie: remote work, casual dress, supporting staff when work-life balance was challenged, etc.). I was tempted to look elsewhere but wanted to look internally first. I am very glad that I did. The issues I had with my prior department were only because that team's management struggled to adapt to a more progressive business model. Once I integrated into a core BT department, I felt like I belonged and that I was supported. It was like I went from working in the 1960s to working in the 21st century. Major improvement and I'm so glad I gave it another chance. My only negative in the transition is that, while my pay went up when I moved departments, I went from salary to hourly and lost my unlimited PTO benefit. However, the PTO accrual has been relatively standard compared to other companies, so it's not bad - just a change.

Pros

Great culture, competitive pay and benefits, flexible schedules, unlimited PTO program for salaried employees, remote work

Cons

Growing Pains with new acquisitions, no unlimited PTO for hourly employees

Sous payée

Peu payée, exige beaucoup de l équipe , charge importante

Productive and supportive workplace that makes sure you are confident in your work while maintaining good work relationships in and out of the office.

I started working at Baker Tilly right before the pandemic began and I had several coworkers go above and beyond to help my training excel even though we became fully remote. Through the past few years of being here, I have made great connections in the firm as well as outside the firm. Baker Tilly has taught me that I can be successful and have given me several resources to maintain my health (mentally, emotionally, and physically).

Pros

Team bonding during peak season and fulfilling open enrollment kits, office gatherings (safely of course), free lunches every now and then, good benefits, community volunteering as group

Cons

Communication lacks occasionally which makes for more work on your end.

Excelente lugar para ganar experiencia

Se tiene constante interacción con los clientes, no hay un día igual al otro

Pros

Se crece rápido profesionalmente

Cons

No se tienen prestaciones

Nice coworkers but very heavy workload. Not much work life balance due to COVID. Room for advancement. Wish they would hire more people to help with the work

Good company to work for.

Everyone is pretty welcoming, i came on in the start of the pandemic and did most of my training from home after only being in office 3 weeks total. Overall it’s a good place to work.

Pros

Working remote during covid or if you’re not feeling well.

Fun workplace

Baker Tilly is a great place to learn and network. Many different experiences and like-minded people who are willing to put in the effort to have a successful team.

They are always doing things for their employees!

I worked at BT as a seasonal employee, but you wouldn't have known it. They treated me like I was a regular full time employee. They periodically send all their employees different goodies, and are always doing things for them. At the beginning, I was sent a box full of treats, that also had little things like a massager, an eye mask you put into the fridge/freezer, all natural energy drinks, and tea. They even do cooler things for regular employees like Happy Hour Fridays, where they let you off to go get food and drinks. During Covid, they were very understanding and asked people how they were feeling about coming back to the offices. I would recommend working for them for sure!

Pros

Lots of extras, flexibility

Great for public accounting

Work life balance is not bad. Can be stressful at times. Handled Covid well. Very flexible. Cares about employees and lets them know. Manager could use training sometimes.

Ambiente de trabajo agradable

Es una empresa organizada y agradable ambiente laboral.

Cons

Sueldo bajo por proyecto

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Tilly. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement