Baker Tilly

Baker Tilly Employee Reviews

It is was nice to start my career in this company. I got a good experience in my field. I love the working atmosphere. There was good colleagues and no artificial stress.
Pros
Good atmosphere, positive behavior and attitude of colleagues
Cons
Poor salary, no fringe benefit, they did not paid transport cost, no job security
Webinars provided frequently. Team building made once in a year. Exam sponsorship scheme for many employees. Diversified portfolio of client and therefore more exposure to different type of audit.
Its a good place to train as an accountant or auditor. They provide you the environment for career progression and further studies. You get the opportunity to work with team members with varying skills.
Pros
A community of Experienced and Knowledgeable staff
Cons
Work life balance isnt the best
Nice people, terrible environment! The company is run by inexperienced idiots. More than a quarter of the professional staff have left in less than one year in all grades including partners, senior managers, managers and staff. Some left in less than a month. Backstabbing and disorganization are an epidemic!
Partner lead assignments who are open to staff. Great place to advance your career in accounting, while working for a top ten accounting practise world wide.
My typical day at work would include: Carry out the new starter process for successful candidates by providing them with relevant paperwork and information relating to their position, such as offer letters and contracts. Responsible for gathering all documents relating to, eligibility to work, occupational health and CRB clearances and previous employment references. My role also involves processing any leavers, compromised agreements, redundancies, TUPE and maternity staff members with varied requests, inquiries and documentation. I also identify any training needs and areas of potential and enrol employees onto relevant training and educational programmes to maximise their full potential. Produce and process monthly payroll and sickness reports for offices based within the south of the country. I process monthly salaries for up to 1,000 staff members across the country. Maintain current knowledge of employment legislations which impact processes and procedures to ensure I do not act unethically within my role and also to respond to any employee inquiries efficiently whilst maintaining a professional and caring driven focus which ultimately leads to employee satisfaction and retention. I would also develop and implement HR strategies that the company would adopt. We would try and test certain strategies in specific regions of the country, where our offices were based, and if successful, it would then be rolled out nationally.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Baker Tilly?