Baker Hughes Incorporated
Coronavirus update
Information from Baker Hughes Incorporated:

Baker Hughes Incorporated Management reviews

Canada253 reviews
If no for our plant closure, I would have completed my work career with Baker Hughes. Was a wonderful place to work and all the staff to management were like family. I will truly miss working for Baker Hughes.
Pros
Culture and employees
Cons
I worked at this company for a year and a half. I wouldn't recommend the company to anyone who cares about the environment, inequality, or effective corporate governance.
Pros
flex time
Cons
management
The division i worked in was a small division, profitable and was sold off to an investment firm which downsized it immediately, so laid off.
The local management and staff was very knowledgeable as well as easy going and very supportive.
Not sure exactly why I was released, except that the oil and gas industry was in the throws of the Coronavirus. There were multiple rounds of layoff, and the particular area I was located in was actually sold off. Management seems to be decent.
I enjoyed my time with Baker Hughes. The management team was very supportive and engineering team very knowledgeable and experienced.
The only downfall during my time was the extensive traveling and lack of schedule.

No life/work balance
Has become an incredibly stressful place to work. Manager is cutting headcount to extreme levels. Everyone is having to do multiple jobs at the same time as not enough operators to fill all positions,

Management rules with an iron fist. Surrounds himself with yes men. Feels he is the top dog and tries flexing his muscle on a daily basis.

Never know what hours you will be working from day to day
Pros
All facets except management are good to work with
Cons
Management. Large company that can't get it's act together.
Proserv is a good place to work , they have good conducive environment for people to work. I have learnt to be an entrepreneur and taking ownership in whatever i do.
Proserv have some issues in choosing their management team, In the sense of picking people because there are close to one boss at the top, even if he or she is not qualified. They believe in training the young ones to attain the height they aspire.
The hardest part of the job is when i was switch from Calibration technician to subsea Technician and task was given to me without a formal training.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when i was given the required training in Subsea.
Although times are tougher right now, this company's Management is considerably helpful when approached. It is a great place to work, with a friendly and professional staff throughout the district that I work in. Management will willingly assist if you present the problem along with a possible solution or two. Salary is a little low for the time being but this can be remedied when the economy improves.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Sometimes longer hours; staffing stretched a little thin.
a typical day at work is learning different tasks
management was good
workplace culture was good
the most enjoyable part of my job is completing my tasks on a timely matter
A typical day at work is stressful, it involved lots of heavy lifting. What I learned here was a lot of things about the oil field and the safety protocal. The management was somewhat good but stressful at times. The workplace culture was not very diverse. The hardest part of the job is dealing with brownnoser and backstabbers. The most enjoyable part of the job was driving out of town delivery.
Benefits
Cons
Hostile work envirinment
on and off never really knew what was going to happen next you were always kept in the dark like it was some big secret. weather was nasty either freezing cold pouring rain, or blazing heat. Work place culture was competitive and cut throat. No one was your friend.
Pros
schedule
Cons
management, attitude of the overall place
A work day could of been in the office doing reports and planning field visits and deliveries for customers or heading out to the bush checking customer locations or delivering product. I’ve learned a lot about customer service and doing up reports. Management was easy to deal with. The hardest part of the job was trying to line up customer request with other companies. The most enjoyable part of the job wa dealing with a lot of great people.
Pros
Company truck was provided which I was aloud to use during days off.
Cons
Probably working after hours when customers called.
Shop duty is gathering tools and testing equipment for jobs then jobs are on duty driving trucks to location. Everyday truck maintenance and Load securement are done and all equipment is in good condition. I learned skills and use of safely running equipment and tools. Management was always good and ran smoothly. The workplace was always safe and done adequately. The hardest part about the job was could be gone 2 to 3 days or weeks from home. The most enjoyable part of the job was you were able to see all parts of the country I have worked in Newfoundland, Midland Texas, all over British Columbia and Alberta with this company.
Pros
After Jobs were complete rooms were paid for. Once and a while engineers would by us a grande feast.
Cons
Long hours and could be gone for days or weeks.
Baker has treated me very well and I love working for them. Recently we’ve had some challenging times with the down turn and numerous take overs which limited our growth, both personally and company wide. This has been frustrating since iam very dedicated to them. I feel like we have been at a stand still for 3 years and there’s not a lot of room for me to progress.
Pros
Great co workers, great benefits
Cons
Long days in the shop and seems like management isn’t worried about progressing my carrer
Good company to work with , great crew and management as far as you are productive , salary & offshore bonuses can be better, co workers are nice to work with
My typical day at work consisted of many clerical duties. I ran the front desk at a large shop in Red Deer. I would answer phones, file documents, work with the HSE Manager, personally report to the manager and assisted walk ins

I learnt many things at Baker Hughes. It was my first Oilfield based job. I learned about the inner workings of the company and added experience to my administrate abilities.

Management was always supportive and kind

The workplace culture was friendly but professional

The hardest part of the job was trying to help as many people as I could but only being able to complete one project at a time

The most enjoyable part was being able to connect with individuals everyday. Helping staff with projects and helping out the public as much as I could.
Pros
Learning Environment, Friendly Staff, Good Wages
Cons
Demanding Deadlines
Baker Hughes was a great place to work. Management supported their staff. They had a reward program that encouraged staff to work beyond normal duties.

Typical day consisted of purchasing, accounts payables/receivables
Pros
Great Management
Cons
No job security with oil field work
The company worked everyone to the bone and then asked for more during the down turn. They will promise the world but ruin your heath. US management does not care about Canadian employees
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Managment
Don't expect a warm fuzzy feeling from BHGE. They will suck all they can from you, and then cut you when they are through with you. You are just a number. Expect to work long days with impossible workloads and to "Just be grateful you still have a job" GE is replacing all Legacy Staff with their own people. No stability or security, people walk around on egg shells.
Good work environment with leaning opportunities. Very competitive. Benefits are good.Management is mostly managing fairly. I would recommend this employer.
Pros
Great for learning is a progressive work environment.
Cons
Very competitive.
Do not appreciate independant thinking and especially having an opinion different from "the boss". This is probably just the "oil & gas division though as it is new and has leadership from mega companies across the industry with very little of its own identity yet.
Pros
Good severance package
Cons
Poor executive management. No flexibility in policies and processes.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.
2K