Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

My overall experience with the pipeline integrity division was Good!
Field Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB10 April 2018
I joined in the Pipeline inspection division, almost 4 years ago , the pay was not great , but compensated with a good Job Work/Life Balance ,unfortunately the merger with GE has changed a lot of things for the worse . it no longer the same company .
Pros
a good Job Work/Life Balance
Cons
the pay was not great
Productive & lot of learning
Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL10 April 2018
Good company to work with , great crew and management as far as you are productive , salary & offshore bonuses can be better, co workers are nice to work with
knowledgeable and productive experience
LEAD Engineer - Artificial Lift Systems (Former Employee) –  MIdland, TX1 April 2018
It has a good work culture with team work and excellent technology. Provide opportunity to learn. Same work every day too much work load and stress on daily basis.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
too much work load
Productive and fun
Field Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Middle East11 March 2018
It was great to join baker hughes and work as a field engineer and participate in LEAD program. I gained lot of technical experience as well as commercial experience.
Bit of a pressure cooker
Research Design and Development Technologist 4 (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB27 February 2018
Even before the last round of cuts I worked on an R&D Team that was always under resourced and over tasked. Only the Hot Fires would get the focus and resources needed to fix the problems. This company needs to invest in R&D rather than cut if they intend to continue to be an industry leader.
Pros
Casual work place, the people who are there are great.
Cons
Cuts have gone too far. Too few people to get the job done.
Good company
Billings Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2018
It was a good company to work for. There are a lot of different departments, so it can be hard to get to know everyone, usually you just stay within your team
work in remote location and get back to hometown every seven day
Account Manager/Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 February 2018
Emulsion/demulsification in SAGD
Courage was included in core value that thought speak to anyone in the organisation without fear
working 7 days and take off for next 7 days
Productive and fun workplace
Facility Administrator - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB6 February 2018
Enjoyed all the employees I worked with. We had 5 core values in which everyone abided by. Integrity, Team Work, Performance, Learning & Courage. This Company takes care of you in everyway. A very stress free environment. I enjoyed my 3 years here but due to failing Oilfield at the time, I got laid off. I was sad to go but now I'm back and looking for another great job I can wake to daily.
Pros
Employees, lots of respect, great company to work for.
Cons
Need more time for training on new jobs to help other office admins with their work load.
Fun to work
Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2018
Nice hands on training options , lot of different skills you can learn as diversify company , I worked in PPS - pressure pumping department so get a chance to learn a lot , indulging subsea testing to N2 pumping
Fun plance to work
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2018
Productive and fun workplace with lots of stress. There is work and life balance at the moment. I truly enjoy working with wonderful team members company wide.

Want to know more about Baker Hughes Incorporated?

Ask a question
meh
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2018
meh, not a great environment for the brain that is a fact, let alone one's body. no community or peer support, money driven business, too large for my liking. all together not a good experience for me. it showed me the value in education.
What I learned
HSE Manager - Canada & Alaska (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2018
This was my first job with the oil and gas service industry. I learned a lot about how to work within a multi-national organization and gained a tonne of experience with the oil and gas industry. With that I thank Baker Hughes for the opportunity.
Pros
National experience
Cons
Working of a U.S. based organization
Its a very nice company
Downhole Technician (Former Employee) –  Kuwait12 December 2017
Its a plessure to work in baker.even i work as a contractor i learn alot.how to test and strip the tools and equipmemt.i learn to drive forklift operating over head crane.
Great Experience
District Administrator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB28 November 2017
My time with Baker Hughes was a very good learning experience for me. I was provided the opportunity to advance in my role and Leadership was exceptional
Good position for beginners
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB15 November 2017
Pay is good but there is poor work-life balance and room for advancement. Well educated and experienced people have very little room to advance their career.
Baker Hughes
Department Administrator/Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 November 2017
My typical day at work consisted of many clerical duties. I ran the front desk at a large shop in Red Deer. I would answer phones, file documents, work with the HSE Manager, personally report to the manager and assisted walk ins

I learnt many things at Baker Hughes. It was my first Oilfield based job. I learned about the inner workings of the company and added experience to my administrate abilities.

Management was always supportive and kind

The workplace culture was friendly but professional

The hardest part of the job was trying to help as many people as I could but only being able to complete one project at a time

The most enjoyable part was being able to connect with individuals everyday. Helping staff with projects and helping out the public as much as I could.
Pros
Learning Environment, Friendly Staff, Good Wages
Cons
Demanding Deadlines
field Engineer
Electronics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canada14 October 2017
I find baker a very welcoming environment with a lot of developments plans and training.
good work-life balance
I would rate it " very good " overall
Awesome Staff
District Administrator (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK11 October 2017
Baker Hughes was a great place to work. Management supported their staff. They had a reward program that encouraged staff to work beyond normal duties.

Typical day consisted of purchasing, accounts payables/receivables
Pros
Great Management
Cons
No job security with oil field work
If you enjoy no life, and to be screwed over
Pump nitrogen Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2017
I was hired on as a N2 pump hauler and operator. One week before my 3 months kicked in with my benefits they stopped sending me on jobs, effectively making it so I'm not making money anymore just sitting at the shop, the day before my 3 months, I am let go without any hesitation or reason behind the issue.
Pros
no pros
Cons
never home, no life
Toxic mess
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2017
The company worked everyone to the bone and then asked for more during the down turn. They will promise the world but ruin your heath. US management does not care about Canadian employees
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K