Baker Hughes Incorporated
Coronavirus update
Information from Baker Hughes Incorporated:

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Canada249 reviews
Would have stayed at the company for longer, but they closed the division I was in in Canada. Advancement was good. Based on knowledge, learning and growth
Pros
Money
Cons
Out of town work
I worked at this company for a year and a half. I wouldn't recommend the company to anyone who cares about the environment, inequality, or effective corporate governance.
Pros
flex time
Cons
management
The division i worked in was a small division, profitable and was sold off to an investment firm which downsized it immediately, so laid off.
The local management and staff was very knowledgeable as well as easy going and very supportive.
I had a meaningful job at Baker Hughes but got cut short due to the oil market crash and COVID-19. The people really made the job enjoyable and the technical challenges kept me wanting to always learn more.
Good company to work for, but currently going through a downsizing that makes you wonder if they ever will come back to be a meaningful force in the market place.
Not sure exactly why I was released, except that the oil and gas industry was in the throws of the Coronavirus. There were multiple rounds of layoff, and the particular area I was located in was actually sold off. Management seems to be decent.
ESP business is nothing like I had ever experienced in my life
there is so much to learn. the people there are great and there is always someone to help you
Its a great company but its a concern on job security in oil and gas business. Good benefits, enjoyed travelling were work related. Great crew, long hours in winter time.
A good company to work for when oil prices are high but one needs to be prepared to be let go as soon as market situation changes. However, for those who can take the risk and have a job with no job security, this could be a good company.
Great guys, spent a lot of time there and made a lot of money through out the years, seen a lot of places that I wouldn't of seen otherwise in my journey.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Baker Hughes Incorporated?
I worked at the Coiled Tubing Research and Engineering Group based in Calgary. Excellent professional environment, where collaboration to reach group goals was the norm. Excellent learning experience and the technical work completed allowed me to project myself within the coiled tubing industry
A great place to work with great people. It is a very fast paced and competitive place to work. I have made many life long friends during my time at Baker Hughes.
Pros
People
Cons
Stressful
Office personnel are supportive of each other. The company itself is very large. You must be self sufficient and motivated. Salary for position was a little on the low side.
Typical oilfield hours, slow in the spring trying to get shop hours in and decent pay, on the call jobs, no matter if it was 3 in the afternoon or the middle of the night, we drove to lease sites for pumping operations. Coworkers were pretty good, the job itself was long hours and stressful at times, but eventually the company shut down the shop I was working at and laid everybody off.
Pros
Had good hours
Cons
no job security
Good guys to work for, clean shop . Clean trucks . Not rushed work , take care of the employees , good wages with matching rsp, supply work clothes (gloves,boots)
The Baker Hughes Completions division was generally a good place to work. The district managers were good to work with and were supportive.
Most of my co-workers were team players
Basic Monday to Friday 8 hours schedule and starts with safety, CCC, PCC briefings. Checking orders, inventory, material handling, assembling, testing, recording findings and reporting data.
Learned what it takes to work and become professional.

Great communication between peers and supervisors.

Safety, Environment, Quality, Production

Concentration and focus in a fast pace environment.

Feeling safe knowing there is procedure in place for any operation.
Going to work everyday is fun to meet with my team members.
I worked with Good Managers and Great Leadership team.

Work Culture is good enough.

They take Safety as a priority and this is upheld.
Worked there for almost 2 years off and on...it was one of the best places to work because of the co-workers and coordinators.....these people made it all worth while staying there.
a lots games. not easy to play. hard to play the games.a lots games. lot useless paperwork to cover upper class. but waste lots time for field people time.
Overall, a good place to work. Can come in at any time and close a plant, etc. As the decision is usually made from somewhere else without warning. Subject to oil; price swings.
Pros
Can get overtime
Cons
Don't always have a feeling of job security
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.
2K