Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 192 reviews matching the search See all 3,554 reviews
a toxic environment for the soul
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2018
i will never aqdvise you to work for a large oil company because their one and only goal is to make money and you will be lost in that whirlwind trying to do the same for your self. it is a toxic environment for your soul. enough said.
to unperdictabe , management to young and clueless
Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 September 2018
a lot of favoritism, your experience was not recognized nor was you knowledge considered of any value for impute into the job you were doing. Having logged over a million miles in my past I felt my contributions to the company along with my experience were meaningless
Pros
good saftey record
Cons
favortisim, down time, needed to place the right people in the proper positions
Good Company
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2018
They are a good company to work for but with any large company loook out for them selves before their workers. i dont b eelive they are as focused on HSE as they should be.
Great job but work family balance is to far out of balance to the work side
Tool hand (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB24 July 2018
Baker has treated me very well and I love working for them. Recently we’ve had some challenging times with the down turn and numerous take overs which limited our growth, both personally and company wide. This has been frustrating since iam very dedicated to them. I feel like we have been at a stand still for 3 years and there’s not a lot of room for me to progress.
Pros
Great co workers, great benefits
Cons
Long days in the shop and seems like management isn’t worried about progressing my carrer
Productive and challenging
MWD Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2018
Operate and maintain downhole survey tools and software for Wellbore Positioning
- Operate and troubleshoot Positive Pulse and EM Telemetry tool systems
- Interpret downhole data and liaise with Directional Drillers
- Generate Daily and Final Well Reports
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
No schedule
great working environment
Data Analyst / Staff Geotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2018
Great place to work,
flexible shifts
Good Compensation,
excellent team colleagues
very nice working environment
great leadership team
diversified workforce
High demand, everyone is overworked and long hours are expected
Commercial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 June 2018
Started in 2012 at what was previously a BJ Services base. Worked was varied and exciting, then the threat of selling our division, our company, etc became the norm and it greatly impacted all aspects of the job. 2015 to 2018 were awful years at the company.
Pros
Non rigid schedule, work on your own schedule
Cons
Long hours, short turnaround
Overall a good experience
Field Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC6 June 2018
Work in remote locations and in all weather conditions., lots of hours spent driving. Great benefits and wage. Additional training provided both within the company.
benefits
Cons
shift work
Good for a new grad
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canada19 April 2018
Good job for a new grad - learn professionalism in the workplace and adopt the safety culture of oil and gas. Advancement is encouraged in some product lines.
My overall experience with the pipeline integrity division was Good!
Field Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB10 April 2018
I joined in the Pipeline inspection division, almost 4 years ago , the pay was not great , but compensated with a good Job Work/Life Balance ,unfortunately the merger with GE has changed a lot of things for the worse . it no longer the same company .
Pros
a good Job Work/Life Balance
Cons
the pay was not great
Productive & lot of learning
Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL10 April 2018
Good company to work with , great crew and management as far as you are productive , salary & offshore bonuses can be better, co workers are nice to work with
knowledgeable and productive experience
LEAD Engineer - Artificial Lift Systems (Former Employee) –  MIdland, TX1 April 2018
It has a good work culture with team work and excellent technology. Provide opportunity to learn. Same work every day too much work load and stress on daily basis.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
too much work load
Productive and fun
Field Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Middle East11 March 2018
It was great to join baker hughes and work as a field engineer and participate in LEAD program. I gained lot of technical experience as well as commercial experience.
Bit of a pressure cooker
Research Design and Development Technologist 4 (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB27 February 2018
Even before the last round of cuts I worked on an R&D Team that was always under resourced and over tasked. Only the Hot Fires would get the focus and resources needed to fix the problems. This company needs to invest in R&D rather than cut if they intend to continue to be an industry leader.
Pros
Casual work place, the people who are there are great.
Cons
Cuts have gone too far. Too few people to get the job done.
Good company
Billings Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2018
It was a good company to work for. There are a lot of different departments, so it can be hard to get to know everyone, usually you just stay within your team
work in remote location and get back to hometown every seven day
Account Manager/Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 February 2018
Emulsion/demulsification in SAGD
Courage was included in core value that thought speak to anyone in the organisation without fear
working 7 days and take off for next 7 days
Productive and fun workplace
Facility Administrator - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB6 February 2018
Enjoyed all the employees I worked with. We had 5 core values in which everyone abided by. Integrity, Team Work, Performance, Learning & Courage. This Company takes care of you in everyway. A very stress free environment. I enjoyed my 3 years here but due to failing Oilfield at the time, I got laid off. I was sad to go but now I'm back and looking for another great job I can wake to daily.
Pros
Employees, lots of respect, great company to work for.
Cons
Need more time for training on new jobs to help other office admins with their work load.
Fun to work
Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2018
Nice hands on training options , lot of different skills you can learn as diversify company , I worked in PPS - pressure pumping department so get a chance to learn a lot , indulging subsea testing to N2 pumping
Great co workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB2 February 2018
Create all outgoing BOLS, Close all BOLS from the day before, transact blends, receiving. Answer emails, Paybles
I have learned how to do payroll within SAP. Doing Payables is a large part of my job. I code all invoice as well as dig into any issues that a vendor may have with invoices submitted to Baker Hughes a GE Company
Fun plance to work
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2018
Productive and fun workplace with lots of stress. There is work and life balance at the moment. I truly enjoy working with wonderful team members company wide.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K