Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 214 reviews matching the search See all 4,631 reviews
Great job but work family balance is to far out of balance to the work side
Tool hand (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB24 July 2018
Baker has treated me very well and I love working for them. Recently we’ve had some challenging times with the down turn and numerous take overs which limited our growth, both personally and company wide. This has been frustrating since iam very dedicated to them. I feel like we have been at a stand still for 3 years and there’s not a lot of room for me to progress.
Pros
Great co workers, great benefits
Cons
Long days in the shop and seems like management isn’t worried about progressing my carrer
Productive and challenging
MWD Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2018
Operate and maintain downhole survey tools and software for Wellbore Positioning
- Operate and troubleshoot Positive Pulse and EM Telemetry tool systems
- Interpret downhole data and liaise with Directional Drillers
- Generate Daily and Final Well Reports
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
No schedule
great working environment
Data Analyst / Staff Geotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2018
Great place to work,
flexible shifts
Good Compensation,
excellent team colleagues
very nice working environment
great leadership team
diversified workforce
Productive and had table tennis matches when at shop at coffee breaks
Wireline operator, forklift, class 3 driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 January 2019
Shop duty is gathering tools and testing equipment for jobs then jobs are on duty driving trucks to location. Everyday truck maintenance and Load securement are done and all equipment is in good condition. I learned skills and use of safely running equipment and tools. Management was always good and ran smoothly. The workplace was always safe and done adequately. The hardest part about the job was could be gone 2 to 3 days or weeks from home. The most enjoyable part of the job was you were able to see all parts of the country I have worked in Newfoundland, Midland Texas, all over British Columbia and Alberta with this company.
Pros
After Jobs were complete rooms were paid for. Once and a while engineers would by us a grande feast.
Cons
Long hours and could be gone for days or weeks.
Overall a good experience
Field Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC6 June 2018
Work in remote locations and in all weather conditions., lots of hours spent driving. Great benefits and wage. Additional training provided both within the company.
benefits
Cons
shift work
Productive & lot of learning
Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL10 April 2018
Good company to work with , great crew and management as far as you are productive , salary & offshore bonuses can be better, co workers are nice to work with
Good Company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, AB16 January 2019
good company good team and well organised. company left town due to relocation and moved operations north. not bad place to start career in oil and gas service industry
a toxic environment for the soul
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2018
i will never aqdvise you to work for a large oil company because their one and only goal is to make money and you will be lost in that whirlwind trying to do the same for your self. it is a toxic environment for your soul. enough said.
Good Company
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2018
They are a good company to work for but with any large company loook out for them selves before their workers. i dont b eelive they are as focused on HSE as they should be.
to unperdictabe , management to young and clueless
Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 September 2018
a lot of favoritism, your experience was not recognized nor was you knowledge considered of any value for impute into the job you were doing. Having logged over a million miles in my past I felt my contributions to the company along with my experience were meaningless
Pros
good saftey record
Cons
favortisim, down time, needed to place the right people in the proper positions
High demand, everyone is overworked and long hours are expected
Commercial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 June 2018
Started in 2012 at what was previously a BJ Services base. Worked was varied and exciting, then the threat of selling our division, our company, etc became the norm and it greatly impacted all aspects of the job. 2015 to 2018 were awful years at the company.
Pros
Non rigid schedule, work on your own schedule
Cons
Long hours, short turnaround
Great work environment
Manufacturing Associate/ Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minden, NV17 September 2017
Good work environment with leaning opportunities. Very competitive. Benefits are good.Management is mostly managing fairly. I would recommend this employer.
Pros
Great for learning is a progressive work environment.
Cons
Very competitive.
Good for a new grad
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canada19 April 2018
Good job for a new grad - learn professionalism in the workplace and adopt the safety culture of oil and gas. Advancement is encouraged in some product lines.
If you enjoy no life, and to be screwed over
Pump nitrogen Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2017
I was hired on as a N2 pump hauler and operator. One week before my 3 months kicked in with my benefits they stopped sending me on jobs, effectively making it so I'm not making money anymore just sitting at the shop, the day before my 3 months, I am let go without any hesitation or reason behind the issue.
Pros
no pros
Cons
never home, no life
A good Drilling Fluids Company
Mud Engineer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2017
Baker Hughes is a good Drilling Fluids Company that sells good products, backed up by good service, with good technical support and good support from management. I would recommend them as a prospective employer.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Large company
Good work environment, little bit stressful
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Ash Sharqīyah30 June 2017
Good company and good benefits, oil and gas in general have no job security not just my company, but I'm looking for an international experience if I find a job with Baker Hughes in Canada will be great
My overall experience with the pipeline integrity division was Good!
Field Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB10 April 2018
I joined in the Pipeline inspection division, almost 4 years ago , the pay was not great , but compensated with a good Job Work/Life Balance ,unfortunately the merger with GE has changed a lot of things for the worse . it no longer the same company .
Pros
a good Job Work/Life Balance
Cons
the pay was not great
Bright futures working with the company
Field Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC4 June 2017
With frequent changes in the company I see a bright future within the company.
Good benefits, good pension plans, stock purchase options, strong management.
An integrated oil service company with long history
Staff GeoTechnican (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
BHI is a great place to work, with friendly multiple culture environment and competitive compensation; Also it provides a life work balance work shift and welcome self improvement for career advance.
Pros
corporate culture, vacations and people
Cons
job security, highly competitive industry
Your career is what you make of it
Currently employed and Happy (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB4 January 2016
I have been employed with Baker Hughes for almost 6 years. When I was hired I had absolutely no industry experience but I soon realized the potential I had to make a difference. I was given my opportunity as a shift lead that soon progressed to a titled position as a supervisor. Not ever being in a leadership position I struggled at first but my manager, and my mentor reduced my responsibility and realigned me to help me succeed.
After a few years I was recruited internally and in my current role I have had the opportunity to show my worth with upper management in Houston and I made a name for myself.
Without hesitation, I can say that the guidance provided to me early on in my career helped me gain the confidence to make it to where I am today.
Don't get me wrong, part of my success was timing as well but if you put in the effort and are willing to take constructive criticism, if you are able to separate "business" from friendship you will succeed.
The industry is has changed so much in my tenure with Baker Hughes and the company as a whole has increased their Safety culture hand-over-fist. They care about the employees, their health - both physical and emotional - and it is showing by the performance increases made over the past 2 years.
I can't imagine working for another company. As large as this is there is still the "family" atmosphere within the company. I have made many friendships here that I feel will last for many years to come.
Pros
Freedom, employees, compensation, benefits, safety culture, management
Cons
potentially long hours, having to commute, potential aquisition by Halliburton

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K