BakeMark USA Employee Reviews

overall
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2019
Great place to work. great environment. unfortunately the turn over was hard to get passed as people did not stay long especially in the admin department
dont do it
head office employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 June 2018
I worked for this company for several years and honestly they suck. management is horrible and they do not appreciate anyone nor do they support teamwork, personal growth or anything a regular employee is looking for. Everyone is unhappy there and Bakemark uses and abuses their staff. Management is severely under trained and have the do as I say attitudes then blame you for doing it wrong even though you did it with their instructions. They hire staff that have no experience because they can get them for cheap and in their eyes they are disposable. They make up policys and don't tell anyone about them, then you get written up for not following them. They write you up for something then do the exact same thing you did. The corporate management is basically people who are friends of the higher ups. They have no skills and will blame everyone else for their issues as long as their butt is covered they don't care. word of advice just keep looking this is not a good environment to work in.
Pros
its a job
Cons
too many to list
bon
Préparateur (Former Employee) –  Laval (53)23 October 2017
bonne compagnie bien organiser et salair et comme bon
productive workplace
Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2017
BakedMark was a great job for me. I learned a lot while working and enjoyed my time there. I would recommend this company to whoever wants to work in bakery.
Pros
No immediate supervisor
Cons
limited staffing
Just say no
Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg13 March 2017
Was employed in Winnipeg for a year,seems to be a revolving door of employees.go through supervisors,drivers and warehouse staff regularly.current drivers are lazy and complainers.heavy workload with little to no gratification.not even a Xmas thank you card.management is non existent and unqualified..just stay away.
Pros
I do not work there anymore
General Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 January 2017
its a great place to work if you like to stay busy, my main duty was order picking and shipping & receiving, but other duties included putting away stock while maintaining rotation, and general cleaning and tidying of the warehouse.
fast pace hard working
team lead/night shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2016
a great people to work with and and very good place to learn and grow as a team and as a individual.

come to work start right away always have something to do never a dull moment and allay changing to make it better for everyone around
Bakemark was so far the best job I ever had.
Territory Account Manager, outside b to b sales (Former Employee) –  Bakemark, Calgary, Alberta15 February 2016
It was a challenging position that required a lot of hours but I didn't mind putting in the time. I really enjoyed traveling around and visiting and developing relationships with the customers.
The management and staff worked closely together and we all got along great.
unorganized
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2016
way too much overtime, very unorganized, short staffed, i was able to pick my orders in peace due to the short staff, i was promised to be moved to the day shift and they never went threw with it
Pros
overtime
Cons
too much overtime
Very friendly staff, salary and benefits are competitive.
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Laval21 October 2015
First experience working in the baking supplier industry. During my year learned a great deal about various products offered and how the Bakery Industry functions.
Corporate
Filing, Sales, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 May 2015
Being a corporate company with Head Office in British Columbia I did not have direct dealings with upper management. Position held answered to a District Manager

Typical day at work was to ensure that all customer needs were met with the care and attention
Although somedays it was difficult to deal with customers that did not speak english and trying to decide what the best options would be to fit the needs
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Building Conditions
WORST PLACE EVER!!! Poorly managed, Let me go to cover higher ups and warehouse mistakes
driver (Former Employee) –  calgary1 December 2014
Plainly put this is the worst company I have ever worked for. I was a driver with them for 9 months 7 of which mass disorganization and shorts from the warehouse caused havoc on my route. In the end they let me go so that it would just cover the warehouse manager and GM of Alberta's butts. I asked our GM and Warehouse manager that when they build the trucks to board the skids and strap it so that product does not shift and get damaged their response was NO that isn't our job. They will steal from other peoples orders in the event of shorts, mass sales errors, pick errors, in short don't ever expect your full order. Not a place where your co-workers "have your back" ...well maybe when they put the knife in it.
Pros
free donuts, drinks from the bakerys we delieved to sometimes
Cons
too many to list.
Bakemark is a wholesale/retailer of all bakery ingredients.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2014
It was a busy work environment dealing with all functions related to Accounts Payable. This is the first permanent job in Canada when i came in 1998. It was a challenging job dealing with external vendors. I believed i had exceeded what the management expected of me. The most rewarding part was when the General Manager and Financial Manager gave me a one week vacation with pay for a job well done.
Pros
Related accounting work
Cons
location of work