Bailey Metal Products Limited Employee Reviews

Ridiculous
Shear Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2019
Let go 1 working day before probation was over. Showed up everyday and worked hard. Supervisor was pleased, never complained about the work I preformed.

The first clue was; they demanded employees purchase their own coveralls. Which by the way, is against employment standards here in Alberta.
No refund was ever offered either for said coveralls.

Thanks for nothing BMP.

Needless to say - I would NOT recommend working here.
Pros
I honestly can't think of any.
Cons
Was hired part-time, but wasn't informed that it was part-time.
One of the best places I've worked by far
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON27 February 2019
Bailey has allowed me to manage my personal life easily alongside my work life. Sick days, vacation days, personal days, moving days, and more are given and I'm grateful that to have those. I've been allowed to leave early when needed, and I've never been given flack for being late, calling in sick, working modified hours or needing to work from home due to weather.

Bailey most definitely cares about the welfare of their employees. I've seen other employees bring in their children when they need. I've seen employees given long medical leaves to manage their health, and also they have been incredibly understanding when a loved one passes away.

Management understands that life happens and accommodates you.

I've been working for 2 years and my salary has met the market standards and been given raises in line with my growth and work performance. Employees are also given bonuses, something is seldom seen nowadays.

The benefits are pretty great, from the top of my head there are dental, massages, vision, chiropractor, speech therapy and more. I've used the benefits extensively through the 2 years and they have helped a lot in managing costs.

Management has given me the tools and training I needed to do well in my job. They are willing to invest in their employees not just in the above mentioned, but also in education, resources, and mentorship. I've learnt new skills and continue to learn new skills that are invaluable.

I've gotten the chance to interact with many different departments and I
  more... get the chance to do many different tasks. Bailey is a company that is still growing and I'm excited to be here.

I've come into contact with many levels of management and all have been friendly, open, and helpful! Even the executive team, which is unexpected. My own personal boss has been the honestly one of the most understanding, supportive, professional, and hardworking people I know. There are many people you can go to for guidance.

One of the best work cultures, they are definitely family oriented. There are lots of company events to participate in. Both external and internal. From holiday parties, BBQs to even bowling nights. These events are great fun, great time to unwind, and free food!

Oftentimes, there are chances to participate in charity events. The company believes in giving back to the community in a variety of ways.

I'm always laughing, and have little inside jokes with my co-workers. Bailey takes the comfort of their employees to heart. There is a full working kitchen for employee use, gym equipment to use, showers, and parking. I've even got a personal heater to use.

Bailey encourages communication from the top to bottom and bottom to up. Regularly there are town meetings to meet face to face with the president and have an open dialogue. Memos are given out to keep everyone in the loop and recently a survey has been done to get the feedback of everyone. I mean everyone. These results recently were used to improve the company.

Bailey Metal Products is a great work to be and I can say that with confidence. There is a lot of great things happening and the company is coming up on 70 years. That's amazing. I hope this helps!
Pros
Benefits, employee training, management, company events
Cons
location
Not a good company- no security
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2019
Micromanage company and They don't care about the people- they terminate without any reason- they will say it didn't worked out. Check all the reviews before you Apply
Bad management. Friendly coworkers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 January 2019
Management will write you up for any mistake or for calling in sick late.

They will ask you to throw your colleagues under the bus while they write you up.

They wont train you - but you will be hounded by the most annoying plant manager for not following procedure.

Make sure you let management know if you leave the premises for lunch.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Bad Management
Good people
PACKAGING/HELPER (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 December 2018
Decent job not much motivation to pursue advancements, but the management/people in the afternoon shift are great. Very loud so if you don't want to wear earbuds 8 hrs a day, not for you.
Good people, poor management
Roll-Form Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton's, AB8 December 2018
I enjoyed the work and many of the people, but don't get sick during your probation period. I was told that you're expected to be there unless you're soiling yourself. A few days I basically was due to the illness I contracted. It was decided "it wasn't worked out" after I got a doctor's note. My last day was sweeping the entire place and then being taken to HR at the end of the shift to be let go.
Pros
Paid breaks, occasional free lunches
Cons
Poor communication, limited advancement
Interactions
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON30 January 2017
Connected with and provided solutions to vendors and their problems
Working with the management/head offices
Enjoyed working with my co-workers and holiday parties
very little job variety.
Material Handler/Quality Control/Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 October 2015
some heavy lifting, always standing, can be quite monotonous as an operator or bundler there is little variety day to day.
Pros
Over time available
Cons
on your feet all day
Great company to work for
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, Ont.6 July 2014
This is the best family run manufacturer I've ever worked for. The company is well managed and they make everyone feel like family.