Bachly Construction

Bachly Construction Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Bachly is a great company to work for if you're looking to learn a lot about the construction industry, advance your career and grow internally and work with a supportive team. The employees are very collaborative and always there to help you out when you're first starting off. 10 days paid vacation as well as personal days. The work-life balance is great. Everyone has families and prioritizes personal time on weekends and evenings. On-call shifts are only a couple times a year.
One of the top construction firms in the industry
Bachly Construction

# 1 in the industry

A amazing company with great employees

Competitive wages

Great benefits
Awesome company to work at. Everyone was extremely helpful and the team spirit was very high.
The management team and ownership extended nothing but positive energy the entire time I was with the company.

Very employee centric and had a lot of employee appreciation events.
Zero volume coming in, bad reputation in the industry and with sub trades, upper management only cares about numbers and not customer satisfaction, advertised as 24/7 emergency company but has no in house workers to back it up. If your considering applying for this position be prepared to hold multiple positions as your own responsibility., Zero on call techs. Do not recommend this company
The company is good to work for. They have multiple openings and jobs avaibla hours not always guaranteed. A little cheap at times. Overall happy and good environment.
Bachly has been a place where I feel completely comfortable as well as challenged. I have learned more working here in the past 8 months than I have in other jobs that I've worked at for years. I feel 100 percent comfortable asking questions to management as well as fellow co-workers. It is not an overly demanding job (weekends are spent relaxing and separating myself from the work), but during the week I feel like my skills are being challenged and developed constantly, which is great!
Pros
Work vehicle, benefits, great work environment, good management
Cons
On calls can be rough, but only once every few months.
Guys in the back and the staff up stairs awesome people to work with.
However they promise courses which never happen like to keep you low on the scale. Lower rates with the promise of profit sharing which never happens. Ontario runs Calgary with Ontario rules. Wont hire as full time only part time which results in next to no hours during slower times like during the winter. Unless you like to be home by noon almost daily. They dislike asbestos samples. Disorganized. GM tends to tell tales about asbestos samples being taken before hand. Dont fall for it. And dont ever get injured. First chance they get and you're gone even if you're on light duty.
Pros
Great staff, Less after hour calls as they 99% of the time well push the home owners off tell the next day.
Cons
Part time status, No call out bonuses, Disorganized, Poor benifits, No perks, no work place functions, take it with a grain of salt, Trades can be rough at times.
I worked at Bachly for 9 years as an Administrative Assistant in their Oakville office - Custom Home Division. I enjoyed the environment there and the team of Supervisors and Labourers that worked out of that office as well.

The company was very fair in compensation, they allowed me to use my skills and feel appreciated. The Management was very accessible and easy to talk to,

The work hours worked perfectly for me while my children were young.

This is an excellent place to work.
Pros
Company events, great team environment
I have been employed by Bachly Construction for over 7 years now and couldn't be happier with the decision I made to take the position 7 years ago.

Each day I am challenged within my limits without the feeling of being overwhelmed. There is always help from management and coworkers when needed. Definitely a team environment, even in stressful situations.

Overall, has been a really great company to work for
Pros
Company hosted events, provided work vehicles, fair salary and vacation weeks
Cons
Working with the odd difficult homeowner or trade
I worked for Bachly from 2013-2016 as an estimator in the restoration division. My experience with the insurance team was like my second family. The people made the day-to-day fun especially when dealing with difficult homeowners.

On-call rotation was about one every 2 months which wasn't bad at all considering other companies I have worked with. Pay was fair with with room to grow in the company.

Sometimes long hours in CAT situations but very infrequent.

I'd still be with the company if my wife hadn't lost her job.

Would recommend to friends/family.
I have worked at Bachly for over a year and couldn't be happier with the atmosphere and management of the company.

Mistakes are dealt with in a calm and understanding fashion. There is support throughout all division and encouragement from the top management figures.

Bachly is very good at creating a team environment that provides a fun atmosphere within the office.

I am thrilled to be employed by such an established and respectable company and look forward to continuing my career with Bachly Construction.
expect you to work weekends long hours which is usually fine no problem.........ask for a personal day they take your holiday pay. very little office support something goes wrong its the supers fault.
they come across like this is there first job .......very odd place to work
the project manager has too much input in to the day to day operations. the expectancy of weekend is constant. the sub-contractors are hired too late in the process and given a very nondescript purchase order. shop drawing reviews are not monitored and allowed to extend well past critical schedule and then the expectation is still to have the trade complete all works on the original schedule, hence the expectation of every weekend.