BMW Employee Reviews

Canada57 reviews
constructive internship
constructive internship, great skill development, customer service, learnt to deal with customer with great respect as well as built useful skills such as dealing with stressful environment
good place to work
met lots of good people, fast paced. never knew what a new day would bring but overall job habits ere good management was goo and everybody worked together to do good work.
proud to work at BMW
was a good experience fellow employees were very helpful manegement was very professional with employees and distributing work and deliveries of vehicules.
Self Sustained
There is one way to be successful in automotive sales. That is working for the right employer. You can always be smart and succeed anywhere. My experience is more looking for an employer that whats you to feel a mutual success. it wasn't here.
meh
They expect you to be like a robot when it comes to doing your job
The pay is minimum and some are based on if you make a sale

management is horrible, they treat you bad

coworkers are nice to your face but talk behind your back
New Ownership and management are way below average
Nepotism and incompetence from new management and the new ownership, new owners friends and brother and daughter were brought in and good people let go
It's a good company
I've been working at Neovia BMW for a few months so far and it's been a good experience. I would really love if they had more room for growth and increase in pay .
its ok
my experience working at auto west wasn't bad. main problem they have is their management is garbage. if u do decide to go work for them just know that they don't care for hard work. you are just a body.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BMW?
Avoid this place.
Super brand but very poor management.
This dealership belonging to the Delawri group is a shame. Stay away from there if you want a career. It’s a waste of time.
Fast paced environment
Little to no training involved. Management is poor, during night-shift. The majority of employees staffed by third party agencies are avid drug users, Including management.
Good environment, nice new office.
Fun place to work, good culture, good car benefits... medium size company with nice office in Richmond Hill. Competitive but also collaborative environment.
The work process
The work there is very challenging, as a premium brand the customer waiting and expecting a lot and expecting new innovate features, in terms of working inside the company there is a lot of competition between the all branches whitch. Makes the job very interesting
Work was a success if work conditions where met
I felt while working at this BMW dealership the key to success there was based on sales.Work conditions no air conditioner in the receiving bay brand new bay stuffily heat. The work load was always building and one receiver to work it most times.
I learned a lot though the pace was fast and as I said work load was always building. The staff was great funny and helpful.
Pros
Dounet coffee fridays
Cons
no air conditioer in receiving
Why do I need to answer those questions?
I do not feel comfortable to answer those questions. Does not look that will be confidential and it might will bring to me more difficult to find a better job or grown at the company. Also I am not willing to give free advice about my impressions. But BMW could do better. Way better than they do.
BMW Financial Services
- Micromanagement by the hour.
- Lack of training employees - online training program is ancient/ terminology inaccurate.

- Lack of employees / constant turn around including

- Lack of guidance from management

- BMW FS does not actually offer tuition reimbursement or language courses -Complete hoax

- BMW FS does not care about their employees / the philosophy is either you're approved by all or none.

- Treated as a replaceable item - No sense of security.

- Management is not tentative to conflict between colleagues. - Often takes sides with the more tenured

- You’re responsible for several duties outside of your contract

- Colleagues are constantly attempting to derail your success.

- There is no support around growth

- Colleagues take advantage of contract employees / take ownership for their work/ideas.

- Management focuses on favouritism over productivity and results.

- If you're relationship with one individual is subpar most of your colleagues will choose sides and bury you.

- Management will lie to your face and stab you in the back.

- Way too much politics

- Forced to work extremely late nights / there is no value in overtime - Overtime is expected to prove your devotion to the company

- Forget working from home even though they advocate for such luxury during the interviews.

- No work-life balance / forget having kids they will be your demise.

- Taking vacation or sick days are frowned upon.

- Salary is subpar to their competitors / year end bonus is an awful joke.

- They will mistreat and abuse their power/threaten you if not in their
 - more...
Pros
Responsibility beyond your expectations / Great for your resume, Cafeteria in building, Employee Vehicle program although it is subpar to competitors
Cons
Review the below
I loved it
These cars are amazing, but what makes them better than their competition is the pride they take doin their job. They're a cut above the rest and you really feel it in their service.
Pros
get treated like royalty when you come in for an oil change.
Cons
you could be paying 1k a tire.
Wholesale-Retail Parts Concierge
 Performed purchasing transactions via Reynolds in correlation with parts cataloging system
 Corresponded with Sales and Delivery teams to complete PDI parts requirements; accessorize showroom displays and vehicles

 Completed daily inventory checks, product placements, and projected stock orders in correlation to daily revenue reports; in conjunction with generating monthly parts specials

 Assisted wholesale and retail customers in parts related repair needs via telephone, email and Progi-Parts system
Amazing team
Very enjoyable working with such a great team and clients. Lots of very long days. Sometimes, management seems to forget about the people on the ground.
Excellente clientèle
Des journées surchargé du au manque de personnel fréquent . Ambiance de travail sous pression constante. Beaucoup de chef.
Ok place
I worked for Calgary BMW for one year in the F&I department and overall was not a bad place to work. Within that year I tried to further myself, in getting back to the Management side, within that company! Unfortunately there where no opportunities at that time and I move on to Big 4 Motors
Long Hours + Workplace politics
Professional workplace with solid rewards, however, job culture isn't ideal. BMW supports progression within the company. The experience working at BMW will depend on your DP