BMW Employee Reviews

Found 41 reviews matching the search See all 2,185 reviews
Amazing team
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2019
Very enjoyable working with such a great team and clients. Lots of very long days. Sometimes, management seems to forget about the people on the ground.
Excellente clientèle
Coordonnatrice du centre d'appels (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC1 December 2018
Des journées surchargé du au manque de personnel fréquent . Ambiance de travail sous pression constante. Beaucoup de chef.
Ok place
F&I Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2018
I worked for Calgary BMW for one year in the F&I department and overall was not a bad place to work. Within that year I tried to further myself, in getting back to the Management side, within that company! Unfortunately there where no opportunities at that time and I move on to Big 4 Motors
Long Hours + Workplace politics
Sales Cadet / Online Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Queensland18 October 2018
Professional workplace with solid rewards, however, job culture isn't ideal. BMW supports progression within the company. The experience working at BMW will depend on your DP
Advancement is based on favoritism. Good extra curricular activities for employees.
Wash Bay Attendant (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 October 2018
I had applied for an advancement from the Washbay position into an open service advisor role. The sales manager promised me the role if we did not hire from the outside. He later promoted someone else from the washbay into the position I was promised even though he clearly could not handle the stress. I however was placed on shuttle which I did not mind. The other employee was bumped back down as expected but they put him in my new role as shuttle driver and placed me back in the washbay. They later put the receptionist in the service role. I was not impressed and eventually left, seeing no opportunity for advancement and wanting to return to post-secondary studies.
Pros
Good outside activities paid for by company.
Cons
Managers have major bias in advancements.
Fun people
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region22 April 2018
Out standing company. Family environment
Bmw is the best company it the world
Fully organize professional people
No political work involved on this company
Bad place to work
Lot Attendant/ (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 February 2018
Being a lot attendant at BMW was terrible, I highly reccomend not to work here. You get treated like your worth nothing. Tasks you have to do in a typical day to what you get paid for isnt worth it. Management is terrible, they could care less about you.
Pros
Look at nice cars
Cons
long hours, bad management, bad pay
Productive and result driven corporation
Asset Recovery Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 February 2018
Was proud to be part of such an elite company and an outstanding group of employees with strong work ethic, dedication and loyalty.
The most enjoyable part of the job was driving a BMW.
BMW Provides a great customer service however
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 November 2017
BMW Provides a great customer service however the treatment of their employees is questionable to say the least.The workplace is mad t be a very high stress environment with to much pressure and unrealistic deadlines for their employees.
Pros
there is plenty of structure and possibility for organization
Cons
lack of organisation, high stress environment, leadership unprofessional
good management and good co-workers.
Service porter (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 November 2017
I enjoyed working at that place a lot and it was a very good experience where I got to learn a lot about cars and enjoyed helping the customers with everything they needed.
not a bad place
BMW & Mini Langley Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC24 September 2017
its repetitive and not for me. you will be anserwing calls on a daily basis with upset customers angry about their car and problems they are having with their car.
a lot of travelling and meeting of good people
Consultant parts & service and technical trainer (Former Employee) –  Africa and Caribbean15 August 2017
I have dealt with many different cultures in 21africain countries and do training with these people gave a lot of personal satisfaction to see how people progress
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
no family life
Nice and exciting place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2017
Same as in Auto West BMW, the daily routine is contact customers, greeting the walk-in customers, and also try best to sell cars. It was a great experience that working in a BMW dealership in a big city to start the auto sales career.
Very very good atmosphere working place
automotive technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2017
I really loved working there because of their people were all nice.
i loved what i was doing as a technician i love to learn more and more.
Very good experience as a Student.

i loved how they take care of Technicians.
In hot weather they gave technicians to drink gatorade, powerade.
Pros
very neat .
Cons
they don't hire people .. nothing really to say about bad things for this dealership.
Military style setup
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Cowley17 March 2017
Time keeping is of utmost importance, willingness to learn as a key advantage in progression. Communication should be direct and limited to chain of command. Hardworking place with a serious attitude towards achieving the desired results. The hardest part of my job was to improve an already efficient system in place. Being part of a team that makes such a successful product.
Pros
Brand new car every 9 months
Cons
Productive workplace with great team
Project Manager (Financial Services) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
In my current position, it requires plenty of organizational skills and being on top of your schedule every minute. As it takes a lot of time to make sure every process if followed through. Cannot rely on others to make things happen and have to micromanage most of the work done. Can be stressful, but the compensation is good.
Pros
Freedom to make your own schedule
Cons
Too much micromanagement involved
Great staff and management
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON13 January 2017
I only left this job because I needed to make more money and went back to waitressing. This staff is amazing, the job was enjoyable and I learned a lot. The team atmosphere was great here and I would recommend any person to work here. The management takes your job satisfaction seriously and did whatever they could to make sure each employee was happy.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays
productive and fun with the work place
panel beater (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2016
busy but fulfilled and enjoy.
new things or troubles i enjoy fixing.
the boss
my friends
there is no hardest part of the job if you enjoy doing it.
when i gave my all and the job is a success.
Great brand and products.
Service Advisor Overseas Motors (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 September 2016
Nice place to work. Fast paced. Some days can be a challenge.
Great position to interact with a large amount of people. Nice friendly,
staff. Bosses are accomodating.
Pros
You work for a reputable company.
environnement de travail propice au developement
Aviseur technique, Representant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 August 2016
Une journée typique consiste la rencontre de client ,explication détailler du produit,fermer la vente suivit de client (appelle de prospection) suivit de dossier client. Ce milieu m'a permis de
créer une banque de client, d' atteindre des objectifs avec des plans d' action. L'équipe de management nous porte assistance dans l’accès au information confidentiel concernant les dette sur les voitures, nous laisse beaucoup d espace pour travailler librement notre clientèle ( beaucoup d’autonomie) et sont toujours présent pour assistance. Entre représentant ils nous arrivaient régulièrement de travailler en équipe lors de multiple rencontre d'une client et les informations étais transmisse de forme courriel. Les aspect les plus difficiles de se poste était les rémunération peu régulière. Par contre le points le plus agréable était la pleine gestion de sa tache de travaille
Pros
formation gratuit et constante
Cons
instabilité de salaire

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMW. Our community is ready to answer.