B2B BANK Employee Reviews

perfect work environment
Bilingual Senior Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2019
i like the culture of the company toward the employee
toxic corporate culture where cronyism and seniority rule
MANAGER OPERATIONAL LEARNING (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2018
a horrible environment that created complacency and unrest in employees and demotivated anyone seeking to correct the company's numerous dysfunctions. Employees were promoted based on years of service, whether or not they merited the advancement and often in spite of their own reluctance to accept the opportunity. Constructive criticism when unheeded and senior management seemed quick to ignore any genuine opportunity to address employee concerns. Destined to fail.
Pros
Caring, talented people, especially in my own team
Cons
no work and lifestyle programs, cronyism, no opportunities for advancement
Demanding fast pace environment but fun to work at.
Administration Officer - New Accounts & Transfers (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
Typical day is from 8am to 5pm. Don't be late...they take notes literally of how many minutes and how many days you were late and that will affect your bonus.

Upper management demands a lot and recognizes too little.

Workplace is good. Great people to work with, Great team-work.

The hardest part of the job is the very minimal recognition of your hard-work and the amount of overtime you put into it.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the company's party: summer boat-parties & Christmas. The parties are always fun!
Bad management/policies/culture/future
Officer Cadet (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2018
I found B2B a respectable company. Unfortunately, too much political correctness (extremely). They are designed to work on tribal basis. Each race/colour/creed/sex-orientation/political view has some kind of a tribe/tribe-chieftain. You're lucky if you work within the team lead by your chieftain. There, you will be in good care in term of advancement, overtime, after-hours dinners and overall support. If you fell outside of your tribe, could not be transferred to your tribe or unlucky to have a tribe, then, you're out of luck. They will not renew your contract, no matter how good you are. You don't get any benefits, salary increases, dinners, overtime, etc.. Their training is bad (although long). They assigned me to train (newer people) in my 3rd day of work.They send you an email about your mistake. No one shows-up and explains to you what you were supposed to do. Too many unqualified people hired (as minorities/creed/etc..). Management too biased toward minorities. HR do not advise you of complains started against you. They make decision against you and without informing you or asking for your side of the story. Thus you are blacklisted for ever and all your future applications are turned-down with no excuse or reason.
Pros
Free food (once/week or more), good pay, very nice free coffee/tea
Cons
Management too biased/unqualified, you live under the fear of non-renewal of your contract, too many unqualified people
Better Performance better rewards
Senior Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2018
Typical day at work involves intensive processing of various types of worktypes. Working in the Mortgage Administrative Department, I learned to process renewals, payments, payment-payouts, discharges, anti-laundering trainings etc. Management is great at providing feedback and encouraging their team to improve constantly. Workplace culture is very straight forward, disciplined but also nice people to work with. The hardest part of the job is the required flexibility of having various starting shifts that change week-by-week, therefore, difficult to pre-plan for anything more than a month time. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to listen to music while we work.
Pros
Treats all the time and good vacation benefits
Cons
Constantly changing shifts and minimal training provided
The environment very facinating
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2018
The leadership promoted the interest of their organizational strategy. There are opportunities available for anyone to exploit in advancement of career.
Pros
Future prospect.
Cons
Many challenges
Growing company
Client banking Administrator (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto11 September 2018
Routinary work. Friendly environment. Meeting deadlines. Finishing the task.I learned things about RRSP and anti money laundering. People are fun to work with.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
no job security
Fun, talented, fast-paced environment
Senior Mortgage Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2018
It was a great environment for students to work part time. I worked in the mortgage department alongside credit analysts and mortgage underwriters. I worked for several managers who were well coordinated with each other. The overall environment was very friendly and supportive.
B2B bank
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2018
Every company has its own culture and B2B Bank is no exception. The IT teams that I worked with were helpful and knowledgable about the product they were delivering.
Pros
Good working enviroment
Cons
None as a contractor I have worked in many different enviroments.
Absolutely Nowhere Else I'd Rather Be
Senior Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2018
I've found this a fantastic place to work. Coworkers are kind, pleasant and patient. Managers are helpful and caring. I had no banking experience prior to this and I literally knew nothing when I started. Everyone helped me out so much and gave me every chance for success. Plenty of internal opportunities and opportunities for learning and growth. I have no dread going to work in the morning. Also very flexible if you need time off.
Pros
The people, the location, internal opportunities
Cons
A lot of the jobs are contract or require bilingualism
Good temporary work place
Bilingual Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2018
Good temporary work place or for first job. Offers good opportunities as well to work in financial industry. Very high turn over. Management open to changes
Productive and excellent team work
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  199 Bay street21 May 2018
I've learned that team work is a must and taught me how to work in a fast paced environment during RRSP months. Also, they provide free lunches to us.
Pros
Company Parties and Souvenirs
Cons
no comments
Long hours, always on contract, few advancements
Senior Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2018
It is a good place to start but people are always on contract and management is disorganized. There is a lot of turn around of employees, office has changes without proper preparation or training.
Pros
Downtown
Cons
Long hours and always on contract
Not a a good place to work but if you are looking for work experience then this is the place to start.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
Annual Holiday Party, Summer lunches, RSP breakfast.
Toxic HR Management. Not a good environment to work.Very stressful. Good for candidates who are looking for work experience but no career progression.
Pros
Annual Holiday Party
Cons
Toxic environment
Productive and learning place
Senior Corporate Accountant and Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
B2B Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Laurentian Bank of Canada. B2B Bank is a Schedule I Canadian bank that serves a network of some 27,000 financial professionals across key business verticals including financial advisors and their dealerships, deposit and mortgage brokers and their firms, mutual fund and insurance manufacturers and MFDA, IIROC & AMF members.
I would say my job in B2B Bank is really enjoyable. A bit of detail about my job, I work as the Senior Corporate Accountant and Analyst, working 8.30 am to 5 pm.
I have achieved many goals in my career of regulatory reporting, accounting, financial services and coordinating the annual financial audit and annual regulatory audits.
AML Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
Great team environment and direct managers were kind and supportive.
Some processes like reports tracked were a major waste of time and not a good use of manpower. Administration management wasn't the best and there was high turnover among that team.
Great people, pay isn't bad and most people in this position are students. Room for growth and constant feedback
Work can be very tedious and repetitive
If entered as a contract employee, it's hard to change to part-time
People stay on contract for over 2 years sometimes,
Pros
Close to transit
Great Place to work
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto9 March 2018
A great place to work and balance personnel commitments. The organization is lean and can require work after hours, but flexibility to work at home and take time in lieu.
Great people to work with, laid back environment, unorganized however expected with growth rate.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
Great place to work if you are okay with slow personal growth. Growing organization, comes with its organizational issues but is expected. Bilingual bank with preference to speaking both English and french for all positions. Will almost always contract all positions before hiring full time. Job becomes stressful because of organizational and communication issues.
Pros
Free Coffee, free lunches occasionally, work life balance, laid back
Cons
unorganized, slow personal growth.
Great place to work.
Problem Resolution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
Going through transition from one system to another. Changes occurring to adapt to future technology. Changes to new systems never run smoothly. There is always issues that are not taken into consideration.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Changes to improve products
Good Team relationship
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
It's a fast pace environment that encourages growth. A typical day starts with team updates and welcoming environment that will inspire you want to come to work the next day.