B2B BANK Employee Reviews

Absolutely Nowhere Else I'd Rather Be
Senior Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2018
I've found this a fantastic place to work. Coworkers are kind, pleasant and patient. Managers are helpful and caring. I had no banking experience prior to this and I literally knew nothing when I started. Everyone helped me out so much and gave me every chance for success. Plenty of internal opportunities and opportunities for learning and growth. I have no dread going to work in the morning. Also very flexible if you need time off.
Pros
The people, the location, internal opportunities
Cons
A lot of the jobs are contract or require bilingualism
Good temporary work place
Bilingual Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2018
Good temporary work place or for first job. Offers good opportunities as well to work in financial industry. Very high turn over. Management open to changes
Productive and excellent team work
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  199 Bay street21 May 2018
I've learned that team work is a must and taught me how to work in a fast paced environment during RRSP months. Also, they provide free lunches to us.
Pros
Company Parties and Souvenirs
Cons
no comments
Long hours, always on contract, few advancements
Senior Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2018
It is a good place to start but people are always on contract and management is disorganized. There is a lot of turn around of employees, office has changes without proper preparation or training.
Pros
Downtown
Cons
Long hours and always on contract
Not a a good place to work but if you are looking for work experience then this is the place to start.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
Annual Holiday Party, Summer lunches, RSP breakfast.
Toxic HR Management. Not a good environment to work.Very stressful. Good for candidates who are looking for work experience but no career progression.
Pros
Annual Holiday Party
Cons
Toxic environment
Productive and learning place
Senior Corporate Accountant and Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
B2B Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Laurentian Bank of Canada. B2B Bank is a Schedule I Canadian bank that serves a network of some 27,000 financial professionals across key business verticals including financial advisors and their dealerships, deposit and mortgage brokers and their firms, mutual fund and insurance manufacturers and MFDA, IIROC & AMF members.
I would say my job in B2B Bank is really enjoyable. A bit of detail about my job, I work as the Senior Corporate Accountant and Analyst, working 8.30 am to 5 pm.
I have achieved many goals in my career of regulatory reporting, accounting, financial services and coordinating the annual financial audit and annual regulatory audits.
AML Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
Great team environment and direct managers were kind and supportive.
Some processes like reports tracked were a major waste of time and not a good use of manpower. Administration management wasn't the best and there was high turnover among that team.
Great people, pay isn't bad and most people in this position are students. Room for growth and constant feedback
Work can be very tedious and repetitive
If entered as a contract employee, it's hard to change to part-time
People stay on contract for over 2 years sometimes,
Pros
Close to transit
Great Place to work
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto9 March 2018
A great place to work and balance personnel commitments. The organization is lean and can require work after hours, but flexibility to work at home and take time in lieu.
Great people to work with, laid back environment, unorganized however expected with growth rate.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
Great place to work if you are okay with slow personal growth. Growing organization, comes with its organizational issues but is expected. Bilingual bank with preference to speaking both English and french for all positions. Will almost always contract all positions before hiring full time. Job becomes stressful because of organizational and communication issues.
Pros
Free Coffee, free lunches occasionally, work life balance, laid back
Cons
unorganized, slow personal growth.
Great place to work.
Problem Resolution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
Going through transition from one system to another. Changes occurring to adapt to future technology. Changes to new systems never run smoothly. There is always issues that are not taken into consideration.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Changes to improve products
Good Team relationship
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
It's a fast pace environment that encourages growth. A typical day starts with team updates and welcoming environment that will inspire you want to come to work the next day.
They have issues
Investment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
I can't say too many good things about it. Trust me. Not the secure happy place that you would wish for. The environment was always tense. Not sure they know how to treat employees.
Pros
They let you dress casual most days and listen to your MP3.
Cons
high pressure. Work overload. Benefits were bare minimum. Dumb supervisors.
Startup culture type of workplace
Sr. Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Jeans days are given for the summer and free lunches are usually announced after a C-Level meeting. Party is held at least once a year and hotel room are even offered for those who can't drive. Otherwise, it's a financial company and time management is key.
Pros
Liberal culture
Cons
Uncertainty about job security
Productive and fun
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2017
Great company to work for, the benefits could be a little better but other that that the company is an outstanding place to learn a great deal. All the best to everyone!
Pros
Management is close!
Cons
Benefits are low
Excellent work environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
Management and my colleagues are very friendly.
A down to earth work environment along with an open door policy.

Weekly/monthly team building events including after hour dinners with your piers.
Productive and fun workplace
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
A typical day at work includes working with awesome people, being taught by knowledgeable co-workers and welcomed into a great and fun job culture....
Terrible Environment
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
They want to do big things, but have no direction. The pay is sub par, and there is no eye for developing employees. Customer experience is not a priority.
Ecouraged Learning & Development
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
I truly enjoyed the B2B culture and the people I worked with. While at B2B I gained valuable experience working with the departments within Marketing including, Channel, Communications, and Product teams.
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
Employee low morale
AGF trust (now B2B bank) Toronto
Financial service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Financial Service Representative, mortgage loans
AGF trust (now B2B bank) Toronto 02/2012 to 03/2013
- Handle all post funding queries for conventional and non-conventional mortgage CMHC insured
- Assist clients for their renewal, early renewals with fixed rates or adjustable rates
- Advise clients on the refinance for a bigger house, second house, investment property or rental property
- Execute payment frequency change for clients monthly, bi-monthly, bi-weekly or weekly
B2B Bank
Senior Adminstration Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2016
Good place to start career, but not good place to stay longer term. The benefits and salary are very poor. Culture is very poor as upper management only prefers people they know
Pros
Not to demanding
Cons
Poor salary, poor advancement