B.A. Robinson Co. Ltd Employee Reviews

Unorganized & Management Issues
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 October 2018
Seems like they have a turnover in staff very often and people don't last there. Overall benefits and pay are ok but overall work environment is not great.
My Experience
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 July 2018
I loved working at BA Robinson. Great corworkers. However, I dont understand why some employers dont understand a few things that an employee goes through.
Express Desk Sales Plumbing (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB11 July 2018
Staff and management are very friendly and relaxed. Really enjoyed working there. We were treated like family. Even though it is a large company, they made an effort to know your name. You were a person, not just a face.
Pros
Friendly and easy going staff and management.
Poor Management
Shipper/Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2018
They were not a safe company to work for.They do not train their staff for what they are expecting from you on a day to day basic. No where to advance.
Pros
enjoyed working with the customers
Cons
unsafe environment
fun place to work but your replaceable
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 March 2018
fun place , great customers but a few bad seeds get treated better than the rest , if you actually do your job you will get laid off
management tends to defend the baddies and not bother with the people who actually show up and work
no discipline or structure
Pros
great customers
Cons
management is lacking the initivative to disipline bad behaviour
good place to work
Homestead Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON14 November 2017
10 6 Monday to Saturday. Sunday 12 -6.
Heating electrical lighting and plumbing.
Management was self serving and always negative if not in their direction.
Control.
Big sales and management acceptance on changes.
Pros
was in control in the store
Great place to work at
COUNTRY SHIPPER, RECIEVER, ORDER PICKER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 May 2017
My time at B.A Robinson was terrific. theres a lot of moving around in the company which enables people to get a good warehouse experience. But the only thing is, for what your expected to lift, the pay wasn't the greatest. overall I loved being there.
loved being there!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 November 2015
The staff that work there are amazing (mostly) there are some bad apples but there are in every bunch! Everyone is helpful and nice. They're willing to help out if you're learning something new
A fun place to work, great benifits, lots of events, room for expansion
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba14 April 2015
B.A. Robinson Co. Ltd. - Current Job-Receptionist/Admin.Asst.

I start by checking my e-mail, cash report, then I file customer invoices, purchase orders, etc.

I pick-up all orders in the warehouse, sort them check them in a queue for invoicing or other status requirements and file.
(I do this several times a day).

I run the postage machine, fill the meter, ink requirements, etc.
I process all the mail/parcals for pick-up by Canada Post

I relieve the receptionist for her breaks, lunch and the last few hours of the day. This involves answer the phone and process customer payments. This part of my day can be the hard est if the phone lines are very busy and there are a lot of customers but also enjoyable meeting and greeting different people.

I get along with all my co-workers, we function well together and have a fun happy atmosphere .

The management is great. Any new or existing assignments they are very patient and understanding. There are a lot of company functions such as X-Mas parties barbeques, pancake breakfasts, etc.

Overall I have improved on my existing work skills and have learned how to operate a very busy switchboard with headset, a new computer program (Solar Eclipse).
Best company to work for.
Showroom Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2014
Friendly staff, awesome management and room for advancement.
This is a kind of company that after a while your co-workers become your friends.
Great skill advancement opportunities
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba6 October 2014
As the Marketing Coordinator at B.A. Robinson and Lighting, I was tasked with monitoring and managing the Partners Program, where customers and sales representatives earn points based on the amount of product purchased with B.A. Robinson. This includes enrolling clients, keeping track of customer and sales representatives' earned points and finalizing merchandise redemptions. Faciliating sales competitions and running montly reports were also large components of my role. B.A. Robinson has allowed me to expand my knowledge of the wholesale environment as well as my Excel capabilities
hate this job
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Winkler, MB24 June 2014
As a girl working in a Mennonite community it is hard.
I have learned alot about plumbing and electric industry.
Most of my co-workers are nice except for the manager he is hard on any girl who works for him.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with men who think a girl place is in an office or home taking care of them.
I don't enjoy my job it just pays the bills.
A plumbing wholesale company with a long tradition in Canada
Receiver/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, B.C.27 February 2013
Great work environment. Dealing with big plumbing clients in all Lower Mainland. Lots of different products/items to memorize.
Pros
reasonable working hours
Cons
long inventory counts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at B.A. Robinson Co. Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

B.A. Robinson Co. Ltd Reviews by Location