Axis Family Resources

Axis Family Resources Employee Reviews

Canada57 reviews
My manager was insanely fabulous - I missed her when she moved up.
The job is good if u have good partner ( in double staff houses- you are living with this other person (24 hour shifts) so it’s not like a regular job u can go home and recharge. It is a good job If u are properly trained and not thrown in- this is a huge issue of being understaffed -

Managers scramble to find staff which maybe u suitable for the client. All I all, I knew it was not a permanent position and was paying bevy and finishing university. I really liked my main partner I started with and the one I ended with- there was a few serious duds inbetween with issues - they were gone quick . As I said, if u have a good 24 hour partner who has some knowledge and is mentally and physically in good frame of mind, your job becomes extremely enjoyable. Good luck to any potential candidates , make it what you want to
Pros
If y have an amazing manager, you want to support the house
Cons
Home little and miss my time at relax- has calms everyday
17 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your experience working at Axis. We are happy to hear that you found the leadership team and many of your colleagues knowledgeable and approachable. The scheduling model for full-time residence workers is 3 x shifts on, 3 x shifts off. Generally, this allows for an average of 15 days off per month – which many of our staff find to provide a unique work-life balance. We wish you well in your next venture!
I loved my job always, the only downside was the lack of communication at times. Also I found the turnover in the office was a bit high and that led to some issues. Overall best job I ever had and I miss it very much.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Missing my family
Supportive and collaborative workplace, enjoy the team aspect as well as working with the families and people served. There are times that are more difficult and stressful than others and that is when you really see how supportive management is. There are always opportunities to debrief and figure out how to improve the ways we support others in our work place and community.
17 June 2020
We are happy to hear that you enjoy working with the diverse community at Axis Family Resources Ltd. Providing a collaborative and open-minded environment is important to us, and we appreciate the feedback. Thank you for being part of the team!
Difficult company to work for. I’m okay with dealing with high needs & difficult clients but there is a lack of attention to safety and worker satisfaction
11 June 2020
We take health and safety concerns very seriously and work diligently to ensure all staff and the people we serve are protected. We have a team of qualified health and safety team members throughout the organization and encourage you to discuss any concern with your immediate supervisor, your Branch Manager, or a supervisor on-call (available 24/7). We encourage you to bring your concerns forward as soon as possible, so that they can be addressed.
Senior management has a vision for the company that is easy to become excited about and the rest of the staff work within their capacity to achieve these shared goals. Of course there are times of stress when it may be challenging to work with such an at risk population but the majority of staff and management work to provide the best care for persons served and staff. In this time of Covid the agency has weekly updates on information with a time for questions and answers. They also have a thought exchange for those less vocal to bring up their concerns. Nothing is perfect but they certainly work very hard to make it a positive organization I can be proud to be part of.
17 June 2020
Thank you for providing feedback on your time working at Axis Family Resources Ltd. We strive daily to meet our mission of enhancing the lives of the diverse people we serve, our employees, and our partners – so it is excellent to hear that our vision is felt throughout the organization. We will continue to be diligent with our Covid-19 updates and safety regulations.
Great and positive work environment. Management are quick to respond to complain and very supportive. Great compensation and benefit package. I strongly recommend Axis to anyone who is willing to learn and grow in the Social service sector. The job has it stressful side, don’t get me wrong but Axis tries their best to provide you with the support they can. Overall, I enjoy working with Axis.
14 April 2020
We are happy to hear that working at Axis Family Resources Ltd. has allowed you to grow your skill set in the social services sector. Our leadership team works diligently to offer the required support to our front line staff. Thank-you for your feedback.
I am a recent hire with Axis Family Resources and have been impressed with the professionalism and kind nature of the staff so far. The office is a collaborative, innovative, and friendly environment.
4 March 2020
Welcome to Axis Family Resources Ltd. We’re happy to hear that your first impressions are so positive. We hope you continue to experience the kind of environment you have described.

Thank you for sharing your feedback!
I feel Axis tries to think of creative and manageable supports to the people we serve and our coworkers. I always feel that the team pulls together from front line to our management team to ensure all of our collaborative knowledge can be useful when tough crisis arise or when things cant just be black and white. Axis has always felt like a family and I am glad to be a part of this team. I enjoy seeing the management always striving to work harder and make changes as they come. I also see that some of the things coworkers and myself have brought forward are being addressed and glad to know we are being heard. This type of work setting makes me feel best. We work in high stress and sometimes don't get to always have the time to get to know and acknowledge our coworkers but when you know you are being heard and feel like you are being listened too it sure feels good.
Pros
When working in residential all my meals are provided, while working together to make meals, and learn living skills
Cons
Away from home for 24s but thats what i signed on for, Worth it when i see the progress our clients are making :)
14 April 2020
Providing a collaborative environment and gaining insight from front line staff is important to our Axis leadership teams. We are glad to hear that you find the role of Residence Worker rewarding and we appreciate your work with us. Thank-you for taking the time to leave a review.
Union job competitive pay plus benefits
MPP matching by company really good keeps on growing your money for retirement and is a good company to work with.
4 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Recruiting top talent is a priority to us, and we are always striving to offer excellent benefits and employee initiatives to our hardworking and valued staff.
If you want to be undervalued and overworked then this job is for you! Though not experienced by me, the management seems to give the illusion that they can iron out conflict or issues between workers but it never seems to work out for either party. The clients are amazing but definitely can push you to your limits bringing weapons and drugs into the resources without warning.
4 March 2020
We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working in residential support. Our hours and working conditions are monitored closely and in line with the BC social services Collective Agreement.

Communication between staff and leadership is a priority to us. We have an open door philosophy and strive to remedy any conflict that may arise both tactfully and with concern. Additionally, we have anonymous options available if the matter is delicate to discuss.

Social services can be a challenging environment and we often work alongside youth and adults with behavioural issues. We have a large number of security procedures in place to ensure safety of our employees as well as persons served.

We appreciate your feedback.
Axis Family Resource is an excellent and fun-loving agency to work in. In my four years of working at agency, I had the opportunity of meeting excellent staff members. I was also provided training within my years of working at the agency. My experience provided me the opportunity to prepare for more difficult job expectations. Currently, I still offer my services to this agency and I will recommend this agency to friend or family members.
Pros
coffee
Cons
n/a
4 March 2020
Thank you for the feedback. Culture is important to us, and we are glad that you enjoyed working as part of our team in Prince George! Professional development is a strong focus at Axis, so it is excellent to hear that our ongoing training has helped you in future career endeavours. We appreciate your four years of full time and current casual service with us.
I enjoyed the work, there was no regular hours. I could not pay the bills working there.
Otherwise I enjoyed what I did. There isn’t a lot of collaboration or teamwork among community support workers
4 March 2020
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working as a Community Support Worker with Axis Family Resources Ltd. Our rates of pay increase yearly and coincide with the BC social services Collective Agreement.

As the needs of our programs differ depending on location, hours can vary. Given the challenge of working 1-1 which is often required in this position, we strive to ensure that our team still feels part of the bigger picture.

Thank you for the feedback.
Stressful and challenging environment. Management seemed to care very little about clients or staff. Lack of support. Room for improvement, more trauma training and this could be a better place.
Pros
Living wage
4 March 2020
We agree that withdraw management can be a challenging environment.

Axis Family Resources Ltd. is committed to excellence in our services and holds high standards of conduct, so we are sorry to hear that you felt the program lacked support. Our leadership teams work diligently to support our mission and value philosophy of treating people with fairness, dignity and respect.

We provide in-house trauma training and various other professional development strategies, which will remain a strong focus in our organization.
Culturally discriminatory, immoral management play dishonest mind games to squeeze out seasoned workers so as to keep hiring revolving, thus keeping salaries and benefits paid to workers at their lowest possible. Many workers leave with severe mental illnesses from the stress and poor communication structure.
Supporting individuals in home. Kind Staff. Slow paced sometimes but can be stressful. Unique experience and would recommend to anyone who wishes to support individuals and their unique needs!
I took the position as a second job, and it has been very flexible for me. I wouldn't have been able to coordinate any other job with my primary job as I work 4 days on 4 days off, meaning every weeks schedule looks different. Some clients can be more challenging than others but I had support when I needed it.
In this industry there is a high demand of qualified workers. I feel that this company is working hard with excellent communication between Supervisors and staff. Management is always a phone call away and willing to help and problem solve at anytime. I have had an amazing experience so far and the work culture is welcoming. The hardest part of the job is sometimes making sure that I keep a positive attitude in sometimes difficult times. But at the same time the most enjoyable part of my job is the reward of working with the clients and staff.
Pros
Supervisors/Staff and Clients
Cons
N/a
I have worked for Axis for almost 8 years now. I have always been supported really well by program management as well as Human Resources and upper management. I have worked with a lot of individuals who have come from competitor companies that give me perspective on how high quality Axis services are, and how the support for it's employees is important at Axis. This job can be a very high stress job, depending on the challenges of the youth that you work with. However, I have found that management are very sensitive to employee feedback and are willing to support in any way possible to ensure that staff feel supported, and safe. I have even been relocated to other programs when the fit just wasn't working either for the youth, or for myself. Axis also demands high standards of care from it's employees. I think this helps to keep morale high in a sometimes tough work environment. If you are thinking of trying youth residence work. I would recommend Axis above all other companies in Kamloops. Some companies do pay a little more per shift, but do not provide the support and teamwork that you need to be satisfied in this line of work. I know this from a lot of feedback from coworkers over the years.
I’ve worked for Axis on and off for 5 years. They have always very accommodating to my schedule. The management has always been very supportive, and understanding. They give you the proper training, and allow you shadow shifts until you’re comfortable. My coworkers have always been a blast to work with. The homes are always clean, and safe. Highly recommend this company!!
Great experience, felt respected as a professional. Whole team was very supportive and a great atmosphere to be part of. There was a lot of driving envolved but the company provided a safe car and safety procedures that helped.
Work here for about 5 years.
If you loved helping youth this is the job for you. Can be stressful but there are alot of help for you. Listen too the safe procedures and policies and youll have a great job
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Axis Family Resources. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9