Play YouTube video button
Axis Auto Finance

Axis Auto Finance Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews
Not the best culture, nobody really wants to be at work and the work is very repetitive. But everybody is really nice. However it seems like customers are taken advantage of with high interest rates.
Worst company to work for. They terminate you without telling you the reason. I have seen the best associate get terminated for no reason. Management is the worst. I think they need to go to management school to be taught how to be a manager. If you are looking for long term, stay away from this job. If you have worked there for 9 months, they will terminate you, then post a vacancy for the same position the same day.
Working at Axis Auto Finance has been a positive experience for me. Once you settle in, you easily fit in with the working environment. The fellow employees are laid back and easy to get along with. The upper management are nice and very approachable. If you do your job, and stay focused, you will be okay. Want to work in a warm, friendly environment? Look no further!
Pros
Environment, pay, management, benefits
Cons
Commute
I have been working at Axis for almost 2 years, management really cares about their employees and will provide you with opportunities for advancement if you are a good performer. Its a great entrepreneurial company that consistently strives to be a leader in the industry. They offer generous benefits and 3 weeks vacation to start, they have a ping pong table and there's always social activities happening. My manager has an open door policy and is very supportive of me.
very disappointed! If you have a family don't work there because they are not understanding! they will let you go with out any reason. Make sure read everything you sign. I don't recommend anyone to work there!
Nobody working at Axis is fulfilling a lifelong dream - except for maybe the owners and dreams of entrepreneurship - so to expect that you're going to take an entry level job here and have your socks blown off is naive.

Axis is a perfectly fine place to work. It's fast-paced, sometimes stressful, and sometimes yes, frustrating. But isn't every job? If you are patient and can handle a workplace that is growing and evolving, you will do well here, and will get along fine.

Don't pay attention to the 1-star reviews. These are disgruntled ex-employees who couldn't hack it, expected everything to be spoon-fed to them, and were trimmed away like gristle.

8/10 would recommend.
I would never recommend any one to work for this company, management promotes their favourites and their family members. It is not a job but just slavery, HR has no fair policy but just makes a miserable life of employees.
Axis is a fantastic place to work. Every day, you get the privilege of working with fantastic individuals who are all very supportive in helping you learn, grow, and support you towards your career goals.

The management here at Axis is absolutely tremendous as it is very easy to communicate with everyone here whenever you need assistance and you don't need to feel as if you're required to have a resolution to every situation. Management here is very supportive and they care just as much about your well-being as they do of your performance which really makes new employees feel welcomed.

The on-the-job training that I have received since starting here at Axis has been phenomenal as I am learning new software which has been far less confusing to grasp because of the excellent guidance that I have received. I have had exceptional help and navigation through these programs and tasks so far which is great and it is very reassuring to know that I can ask questions whenever I need help.

The working environment here at Axis is fun and diverse as there are employees that come from many different backgrounds and specialize in different fields so it gives everyone a chance to meet different people and make new connections with one another. It is a family like culture at Axis as everyone is there to help you be successful in your role and make you feel comfortable and welcome. There is always someone that is here that will be able to help assist you when you may be having difficulty and everyone here is very supportive and encouraging of one another. It is also an environment where
 - more...
This company is garbage. You have no sick days, no personal days. They are under staffed, management is terrible. You are pushed to be a slave. You feel like you have to lie to customers everyday and sell your soul to the devil to keep your under paid job. They have no procedures or proper training. If you can speak then you get thrown into the telephone line to fend for yourself. All BS. Do yourself a favour and don’t even apply a because as fast as you come in the company you will be escorted out of it. Garbage company.
If you loved being overworked and underpaid, being yelled at by the sales team and management this place is for you. Otherwise, do your mental well being a favour and go somewhere that will actually treat you like a human being and not a slave from the olden days. Turn over rate is high, job security is extremely low, morale at work is non existent.
Axis is an amazing place to work at. There are a lot of great people surrounding you every day, making you enjoy coming to work. Everyone is very supportive, approachable and team orientated. This allows us to all accomplish our goals together. Additionally, my manager(s) have been very good mentors throughout my career at Axis. I am continually amazed by all the support and care they provide. Although mistakes are made, we are always given opportunities for improvement. There has never been a day where we have not been recognized for our accomplishments and hard work.
29 August 2019
I have been working with Axis Auto Finance for 2 years and it has been one of the best companies I've worked for. It's a great place to learn and broaden your horizons and learn about the Auto Finance industry and all the people are always willing to help. Executives and managers are always friendly and they always appreciate how hard everyone in the company works. Great benefits with wonderful workplace culture and fun loving co-workers.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great benefits.
Cons
Commuting.
29 August 2019
Thank you for your review! We are so excited to hear that you are happy with our management team, the working environment, and the benefits we offer. We are always eager to welcome those who are new to the industry and looking to gain experience.
21 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that your experience here at Axis has been so wonderful. We are constantly working to create a positive and team-oriented work environment where our employee's accomplishments are recognized and rewarded. It is very encouraging to know that you are getting along so well with your colleagues and we hope that you find continued success here at Axis!
A dynamic fast paced work environment with plenty of opportunities to advance. No cap on how much you can earn in sales, just need to work hard!

The company went though two integrations over the last year and the culture has improved greatly. Management is fair rewards hard work and good performance.

Employee communication needs work, but is improving. Benefits are good and there are plenty of employee events, free lunches, games, raffle etc.
Pros
pay, culture
21 November 2019
We really appreciate your excellent review! We are thrilled to hear that you're enjoying your experience here at Axis. We are constantly working to create a positive and team-oriented work environment where our employee's accomplishments are recognized and rewarded. It is also great to hear that you're finding the work environment challenging yet rewarding!
Although I only recently started at Axis the workplace environment has so far exceeded my expectations. While my expectations weren't low, the modern office, numerous social committee events and awareness of company issues by the management team made me feel this way. The culture at Axis is one of collaboration and teamwork where employees are driven by goal setting and targets.
21 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you've had such a great experience at Axis. We are constantly working to create a positive and team-oriented work environment where our employee's accomplishments are recognized and rewarded. Our social committee is always meeting and planning future events for employees to enjoy so it is great to hear that you are enjoying these activities and we hope that you continue to enjoy your time here at Axis!
I take pride in working for Axis Auto Finance for many reasons. It is an excellent company to work because it is a fast growing company that is publicly traded unlike other alternative lenders in the market.

Axis is a professional work place that reflects great corporate culture and a diverse population. Different from other companies, senior management and other executives know you by name and face - greet you and offer support when needed.

Account Executives like myself assist clients (who don't qualify for traditional financing) in securing the next BEST financing options available through skill, expertise and support from the credit, income and funding department.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the rewarding feeling that comes with helping a client get into a vehicle, which allows them another chance at rebuilding or strengthening their credit.

Axis is a great company to work for with many opportunities that will help you advance in your career and grow within!
21 November 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you've had such a great experience at Axis. We are constantly working to create a positive and team-oriented work environment where our employee's accomplishments are recognized and rewarded. It is awesome to hear that you're enjoying the culture here at Axis so much as one of the main things we strive for is having a diverse and friendly working environment. We hope that you continue to find success here at Axis!
IT isssues are often happening and customer service department has very less clue of their roles and duties most likely due to poor training.

Pros - great environment

Cons - lack of proper training

- job security
6 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are currently working through the implementation of our consolidated loan management system along with upgrading a lot of our hardware to ensure that staff can work more efficiently and with fewer issues. We understand that there are going to be some growing pains during the process and thank all staff for their patience during these transitions. We are confident that things will be running more smoothly very soon. We are also working on establishing a more concrete training process for our new and current employees to ensure that all staff are comfortable and confident moving forward with our new systems and procedures.
Axis is a not a good place to work. The company has a high rate of employee turnover and the management are very out of touch with the needs of the market and the staff in their departments.

There is limited opportunity for career advancement and nepotism and favouritism is very easy to see.

The VP HR is extremely unprofessional and does not know how to communicate or conduct herself well with employees given her position.

If you choose to work here, expect to work long hours (possibly overtime), with very little reward or recognition (if any).

The company and its management/executives have a habit of promising and not delivering on many fronts. I would caution anyone considering accepting an offer from this company to reconsider.
Pros
Cons
everything
6 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We are always looking to build a strong team of talented individuals who can achieve success for themselves and the organization. Unfortunately, sometimes this means only moving forward with those individuals who are best suited for their positions and the company. We are constantly promoting from within the organization and have a great deal of room for growth for individuals who show initiative, strong work ethics and leadership skills. While we do reward and recognize these attributes on an ad hoc basis, we are currently working on our performance management and reward strategy company-wide in order to ensure that staff at all levels have clear and attainable goals and can be rewarded accordingly.
It's an excellent place to work and grow professionally! Tons of opportunities in all areas. It's one of the best companies where you can learn about the Auto Financing / Finances industry. Executives and managers are very humble and friendly people as well as experts in their respective areas. They're always open to talk and help! We also have a social committee that organizes fun activities for all of us! Great health benefits, outstanding workplace culture and of course, knowledgeable and fun co-workers. And last but not least, managers and HR are always open to make accommodations in case you need them.
Pros
Flexible schedule, open to make accommodations, benefits, great workplace culture
Cons
Commuting
6 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We are very happy to hear about your positive experience at Axis. We always encourage growth and success in our employees whether they come to us with a wealth of experience or are brand new to the industry. With acquisitions and growth, it has been a major goal of ours over the past year to build a positive and healthy work environment, with strong, supportive leaders and a talented group of employees.
Axis Auto Finance has become a great place to work. Upper management is superb and staff are friendly. It's a great place to work whether you are just starting out or have lots of experience.
Pros
Good culture
6 August 2019
Thank you for your review! We are so excited to hear that you are happy with our management team and the working environment. We have worked hard to build a strong team of supportive leaders and are grateful for the wonderful staff who have supported and remained with the company during the last year of major growth and transitions. We are always eager to welcome those who are new to the industry and looking to gain experience.
Great experience working here. Interned last year and learnt a lot. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for an internship that is all encompassing.
6 August 2019
Thank you for your feedback! Our interns and summer students are a huge asset to our company, and we are so excited to see most return each year. We always encourage those individuals who are looking to gain experience within the industry and are happy to support them via part-time work during the year or full-time positions once they are finished with their studies.
It's great to be genuinely happy where I am. I truely love my company because the appreciate they show us, have awesome bosses all the way to the top and it's a great environment with the team they are building.
6 August 2019
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you love working for Axis. We are always working to promote a positive and healthy working environment and are very proud of the team we are building.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Axis Auto Finance. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9