Avon logo
Avon

Avon Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 255 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,701 reviews

Avon you are your on W Boss-all your income is by commission- you run like your own business-Avon offers supplies and Perks, points and incentives

you are your own Boss-all your income is by commission-no minimum wage; and you run like your own business-Avon offers supplies. If you are good at finding customers, and more orders are placed the better for you

an easy job with many benefits

Avon was based off commission, although it was easy to do from home and there was potential to make a lot of money i did not stay in it for long because i had a job offer els wear

Fun while it lasted

It was fun while i was working at it. Got a lot of district managers in my time there and I don't know if that's normal or not. Enjoyed doing it and working certain events with products until they changed some of their systems and I left because of that.

Pros

meeting new people

Cons

Required selling amouts, hard to make a profit

Avon Review

Very Corporate, the position is 24/7 it Never seems to end, the employee's are dedicated, yet not valued. The representative's are what makes it worth while

Pros

Reps, incentive's for reps, rep comp plan

Cons

Long hours, not valued, micro managing

Good for experience, not carrer

Cost cutting environment, good for building experience. Revenue decline, so no room to move up, and management seems to be content with status quo. Very frustrating when new ideas are pitched, since no money to update the model or changes in way we operate.

Pros

Great coworkers, Very positive environment

Cons

Slow moving management, company in decline

travail agréable

Brochures (√©tampage et distribution),prise de commandes, factures, emballage des commandes et livraisons. J'ai beaucoup appris dans ce domaine. D√©velopper une client√®le, calculer les pourcentages et les profits, le service √† la client√®le et la pers√©v√©rance, car cela demande du temps et de la pers√©v√©rance pour d√©velopper une client√®le. Beaucoup de porte √† porte pour se pr√©senter et donner des √©chantillons ainsi que des catalogues, se faire conna√ģtre. En ce qui concerne la g√©rance, les g√©rantes sont toujours l√† pour nous aider en cas de besoin. Il y a les r√©unions qu'elles nous offres, sans obligation mais auxquelles il est bon d'assister et qui nous donne des trucs de ventes. Je dirais que globalement, tout est agr√©able dans cet emploi, sauf deux choses. Passez les catalogues en plein hiver lorsqu'il fait tr√®s froid, ce n'est pas tr√®s agr√©able. La deuxi√®me chose, c'est le salaire. Il faudrait vraiment faire √©norm√©ment de ventes pour esp√©rer faire un bon salaire et pourtant j'ai beaucoup de clientes mais cela n'est pas suffisant. Pour ce qui est du reste, tout est vraiment bien. C'est un travail agr√©able.

Pros

La majorité de l'ensemble

Cons

Le salaire et passer les catalogues en hiver

Great company, excellent products

Working with 400+ independent representatives was challenging and rewarding. Opening the first BC retail store was also challenging and rewarding. With Avon being a global country, changing upper management and direction there were challenges.

Home based business allows flexibility

There are many perks with being your own boss. Avon allows this for any individual looking to add extra income into their lifestyle. The more you put into your business, the more benefits you will reap.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Income is based on how much your customers purchase

travailleuse

J'étais une travailleuse autonome, je fesais mon propre horaire de travail, cela me convenait en temps qu'étudiante à temps plein.

low pay high stress

Low pay, high demand, high turn over, disconnect with upper management and lower management. reps cant make enough money to stay. no job security, high turn over rate

Pros

car, gas

Cons

high stress, high demand, low pay, low bonus and comissions

Jobs at Avon

See more jobs

was fun while it lasted

Learned that sales representative jobs are not for me. I had a hard time gaining customers, keeping up with sales, obtaining customers ordered items, etc

Pros

Free product

Avon

my leader is amazing she helps me out in situations if i run out of books when i run out to hand out. customers are great on handing in the money before the order had came in.

Pros

can work any time

Cons

late payment

It didn't last that long.

Avon - and places like Avon seem to be for people who are rich and need something to do. As someone without money, I could not do Avon for a long time.

Pros

Cons

Money

Working from home is always fun.

I love working with Avon but I also love working with people. I like how I can work anywhere I go when I am with Avon. Over all love what I do. Avon has given me so much opportunity with my family, hours, wage and schedule to be home for my child.

Pros

Free to be with my family

Cons

Need a more stable wage and hours at a go in to work type of job

My view

Loved Avon proud to have worked with Avon. Worked with rockstar experienced District Sales Managers learned alot. Loved the quarterly team meetings and learning. Must have tenacity for job and willing to put in hours to make your district numbers.

Pros

car, travel, worked from home, bonuses were good. pension plan.

Cons

long hours put in to make district numbers

Très bien

J'aime beaucoup v√ītre site sais super enrichissant comme site vraiment bravo a vous

nice

it was nice, i enjoyed working there but yeah nothing much to say other then it was nice and an enjoyable workplace but no compliments, its been awhile dont know how it is now.

les gens prenne pas au sérieux

Les gens ne prennent pas ce r√īle au s√©rieux. Manque de suivis. Mais fort agr√©able de donner des formation.

Pros

donner les formations

Cons

le manque de sérieux

self directed cosmetic company

typical day at work involved beauty makeovers and manicures, product demonstrations, some bridal groups, driving long distances, and good knowledge of skincare. I learned a great deal about sales in this job and self-management. The workplace culture is affable and people generally enjoy the demonstrations and participate and ask many questions. The most difficult part of the job is recruiting. The most enjoyable part of the job is being independent.

Pros

self directed independent

Cons

salary fluctuations

I love AVON for its culture

I loved working for this company for its culture, human approach and massive opportunities. I believe it is the great place for young professionals to grow fast.

General Products Sales compagny

A typical day was to give and answer to bisness phone calls, giving a great customer service and keeping track of everything happen in the day! the hardest part was to stay positive and productive!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K