Avon logo
Avon

Avon Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 255 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,699 reviews

Avon you are your on W Boss-all your income is by commission- you run like your own business-Avon offers supplies and Perks, points and incentives

you are your own Boss-all your income is by commission-no minimum wage; and you run like your own business-Avon offers supplies. If you are good at finding customers, and more orders are placed the better for you

Great Work From Home Company

I love how thins company allows you to grow at your own pace, and allows you to still ahve a full time job outside the home it you wish. You are the boss. You bilud your team no set timelimes..

self employment

It was a different experience as I was responsible for everything and should control expenses and income to reach my goal. the good point is you can manage your time, however, you work more but in a different time.

Fun

Being able to handle all my marketing, advertising and customer relations is amazing. I loved being in control and working for myself. I loved the challenge of finding more customers through various methods and interacting with them. -

Autonomous job

This job teaches you how to work autonomously. You are in charge of running your own little business as it is your duty to build clientele, take their orders, place the orders and ship out the products once they have arrived. It is also necessary to provide an excellent customer service experience as that is what will allow you to maintain a high amount of sales and generate high profits.

Pros

make your own hours

Cons

need to build clientele to make money

I enjoyed meeting new people

I worked around my children, I got to meet many new people, placed order online then delivered the order. helped with any problems. I carried my books everywhere i went, schools, dance class for my Daughter. Good conversations, good repeat clients. Who doesn't like Avon.

Pros

Relaxed inviroment

Cons

stoped when my mother was killed

sales of makeup products management is flexible hours on your own time door to door handing out campaigns interact with many customers learned to sell products

Supportive and pushed me to a better version of myself

I loved working for Avon. I could fit it around my life, I got out of it what I put in and I got to experience the enjoyment a sisterhood of women that had my back.

Pros

Internal Community, regional meetings, supportive, flexible

Cons

No guarenteed income unless you really went out of your way.

Passionate and dedicated employees

Working at Avon Cosmetics Inc. taught me to never settle for anything less than the best. Avon employees take pride is giving their 200% in everything, even for something as simple as team birthday parties.

Great

Fun place!, Great place to learn and meet people. Benefits are for employees. I was a sales dealer. My friends at the place had great career advancement opportunities

Jobs at Avon

See more jobs

Permanent crisis mode

Company underperforms all the time which puts additional pressure to change things around causing internal crisis everyday. Culture of finger pointing Poor systems and structure

Pros

You become creative and pragmatic

Cons

Terrible work climate

Nice people and exciting environment.

Very nice people and good quality products. The ability to be your own boss. Avon is a good part-time job to earn extra income. The people have positive attitudes about business.

interesting work

No day was ever the same, cold calling and recruiting were a large part of the job as well as following up on existing sales representatives. The hardest part of the job was the constant recruitment needed

Pros

company car

Cons

As a sales representative, you are your own company

I learned what it takes to be a sales person. I also learned how to recruit and be part of the managerial team. Theory and practice is not always the same. I learned a lot about myself, on what I am capable of doing and enjoying learning. The hardest part of my job was getting the sales. I had all of the theory done packed but the numbers were not to my satisfaction. I enjoyed setting up and doing the sales meetings in both English and French. I loved showing new recruits the ropes and encouraging them and helping them along their journey.

Pros

It's all up to you. You are your own boss.

Cons

Although I loved the job, it was not paying the bills.

Great people, limited on resources.

Working at Avon provides the opportunity to test your time management skills as year over year it is transforming into a VERY lean organization. Execution of tasks and projects in due time is challenged by technical limitations as the company does not invest in improving the technological platform.

Pros

Dynamic work environment with a go ahead mentality

Cons

Contradicted by outdated systems.

I was able to meet people in the community

My typical day would start by taking books to customers and picking up order and writing out there receipts for the products that they wanted to order for themselves. I needed to put their order in the data base for Avon and wait for the products to get delivered to me. When I received the products I then needed to sort them into the correct client s bag and put their total on it. I then arranged to meet and drop off their order and received their money and pay the bill.

Pros

Meeting new people in the community

Cons

It was busy with putting in the orders every two weeks.

avon

Another wonderful company that I have had a great experience with. I enjoyed meeting new people going from door to door. I never once was turned away.

You need to drink the Koolaid

I found the culture to be much like high school. There are the popular girls and the not so popular ones. You were either on the inside or the outside. The training was bazaar. We had to approach strangers in parking lots to recruit Avon representatives. It was very uncomfortable and desperate. Not my style at all.

Pros

Gifts were offered at meetings.

Cons

Desparate sales tactics.

not a good job work/life balance

Salary is below the market average, job security is good. however management is so so. job culture is so so. it just stick with the traditional product.

Productive Environment

Productive environment and helpful colleagues. Fun place to work in, a new challenge every day. Everyone speaks English and French. understanding management

Independent Sale Rep

You are able to work as much or as little as you want. DSM is supportive and will help you build your business. Excellent products and a well known name.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K