Avon logo
Avon

Avon Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 255 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,699 reviews

Avon you are your on W Boss-all your income is by commission- you run like your own business-Avon offers supplies and Perks, points and incentives

you are your own Boss-all your income is by commission-no minimum wage; and you run like your own business-Avon offers supplies. If you are good at finding customers, and more orders are placed the better for you

Management seems to be more interested in reports than sales and service

Culture is not great, the hardest part of the job is reaching representatives to actually offer training during 9 to 5. Most people are available in the evening and constantly changing their appointments with you.

Pros

Nice office cubical

Cons

poor management

Big sisterhood

Was an amazing place to work very fast paced. Learned a lot and great training. Until they decided change everything then it went down hill. and long days.

Retail and other

This job helped build my communication skills. I also gained god organizing skills. The job consist of taking customers orders and organizing their orders and books.

Pros

flexible

Cons

short shifts

As a Customer Sales Work at Home Rep-Selling Door to door or by referrals

As a Customer Sales Work at Home-Self employed from 1989 to 2013. Rep-Selling Door to door or by referrals. Avons orders were processed every 2 weeks; Products & company owned by Avon Canada-Montreal QC; Canada. One of the world's largest Wholesale direct distributors-representing Brand name products, clothes, jewellery, house hold products, etc. My salary depended on how many customer sales-in a given 2 week period-as orders were due. Shipments came within 1 week. Most of the sales I collected at the door or cash on delivery, some by credit card or approved personal cheques. Now most of Avon business is on Line www.avon.ca Great people managers to work with; lots of gifts, prizes for just attending meetings, or for good Sales achievements! I left as I got a demanding Customer Service position-

Pros

Great products, a Catalogue which shows many products-good prices

Cons

Was too tempting to for reps to buy products themselves-so profit-was easy to lose take home income!

stressful

it was difficult working this job, only did it because I was yet to find my feet in a new country, doesn't pay the bills and you work like your life depends on it but might not get paid if your rep miss payment deadline

Travaillé et productions

J'ai appris à travaillé en équipe je travaillais de 7.15 à 3.15 je rentrais les commandes des représentantes sur internet c'était des gens qui ne savait pas comment faire sur internet . J'ai aimé travaillé pour ses gens ils m'ont appris beaucoup.

It was a fun experience to learn new things

It was an amazing expérience to cook new food meet new people be able to get out more i learned alot how to cut chop cook boil talk sell safety everything.

Pros

Free lunches

Amazing Company

Love all their products. They have great products that every customer loves. There is no need to worry about anything when purchasing because the representative does it for you.

Pros

Amazing Products!

Cons

Work 24/7

Choose your own hours/customer service experience

It was interesting to try out a sales job that you get to choose your own hours and build your own client base. I enjoyed trying this out for a bit and would enjoy more customer service jobs in the future

Jobs at Avon

See more jobs

One star is too much.

Poor management. The training offered by head office was nothing short of brainwashing, a lobotomy in Avon culture if you will. Looking back, the words "legalized cult" come to mind when I think: AVON. Still can't believe I lasted a month before I called it quits.

Pros

Company car, free trip to Montreal, gas card

Cons

Avon

Equipo de trabajo dinamico y agradable.

Ser parte de esta compañía fue muy agradable ya que tengo una pasión enorme por el maquillaje y cosméticos. Fue un trabajo a tiempo parcial ya que seguía estudiando.

fun workplace

good and friendly people do stuff a lot.rude costumer sometimes. and i get lots of people sometimes too.go place when lots of stuff get free stuff lots of people work and tream leader as well

Pros

lots of costumers

Cons

rude costumers

working with Avon was fun, and has been a great way for me to gain sales field training.

A typical day at work was more then a pleasure. I learned great communication skills that involved interactions hand on hand with clients involving meeting there needs in sales. I had training in the field also. I became top bronze on my team and it was because I sold many merchandise from the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was me being able to be a part of the industry in sales. Also interactions with people made my day to be more motivated to gain the drive motivation brings witch is the deliverance of more energy and me being more enthusiastic, leading me to creativity and making money in my own field in sales.

Pros

Deals you cant believe

At home work

.online marketing .delivering orders .learned how to run a business from home .getting orders delivered without a vehicle was very hard .loved being my own boss

Don't think about working there long term

Avon is unfortunately a company in decline therefore many people are losing their job. The commissions structure is bad and targets are impossible to achieve. Too much focus on recruiting new rep. Can be a good work experience but on a short term basis only.

Pros

Great discount on products, great benefits, good salary

Cons

Commissions structure is bad, management isn't good, company in decline

Great work life balance.

What I have learned in working with Avon. We work with Women and a few good men. You can build a career. We also offer many different options that would fit any life style. The training with Avon is fabulous. They provide marketing and other sales tools to help you build your business on line. The most enjoyable part of the business is helping people and families. We are helping with creating their children's education funds, dance class, car payments mortgage's, helping put food on the table and assisting people with their retirement plans.

Nice place to work with lots of perks

Kind people and nice place to work. Management is not up to speed with modern times. Very sales oriented company. Perks are the products Avon sells as well as the discounts employees receive.

Pros

Great discounts on items sold

Cons

Management is very sales oriented

fun place to work with great management

everything about avon is good great management great products great catalogs. they really support the reps and want them to do well. the products sell themselves.

Pros

free gifts

Cons

you need to apply yourself

part time

You can organize your customers and hours. Need to review new products. Order samples. Get to work with different products every month. Travel to shows and set up display products.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

salary

Selling Avon

It was a great experience to enhance my social connections, to enhance social supports and resources in my community. I would definitely recommend this as an interesting beginning career for any ambitious entrepreneur

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K