Avon

Avon Employee Reviews

you are your own Boss-all your income is by commission-no minimum wage; and you run like your own business-Avon offers supplies. If you are good at finding customers, and more orders are placed the better for you
Horrible management at the forefront of the business, unwilling to take advice from people with industry experience and take their hardest workers for granted. The entire business structure feeds and preys on the weak.
There is not much support for this at home business. The discount for you as a sales person is great, but I found I was putting more money into running my business than I ever made.
professionnally, I am independent sale representative. i advertised avon product to a presume customer through a social media. i buy for the interested customer and send to them. the salary is base to an amount of product sell
Pros
relax home based work
Cons
salary is not stable
It was an excellent opportunity. You get to meet your targets the best way you can without being put under pressure of any kind. As you meet people your target market increases. So for me it was fun all the way
Belle compagnie, mon expérience a été très positive.
most of the time we were building some cliental .. once you had customers they usualy would call you 2 a month and they woudl order you woudl put there order in and deliver to there house , it was a easy job once you got to know your customers and got a cliental base.
While I worked for Avon, I was sixteen and for me, I figured it was fun to meet new people, learn how to multitask and learn how to handle cash at a young age. I also thought it was a great experience because I got amazing deals as well. I also didn't know the difference of how high or low money was back then so of course I figured $25-$30.00 was a lot lol
I have run my small home basic business for the last 25 years. Invoicing, Deliveries and customers service. Marketing on social media. All the basic bookkeeping
Typically, I check my email first thing in the morning to see if there are any customer orders to be submitted. Then I make calls to any clients I have deliveries for and arrange to deliver or I leave a message so they can call me at their earliest convenience. My least favorite part of the job is trying to get ahold of customers to arrange delivery of their orders. A lot of them have the belief that if they're not in a hurry for it, it can wait so they won't call back. They don't realize that when I submit their order to Avon Canada, I am expected to pay the bill a week later. That means if I don't collect from the customer, the payment comes out of my pocket until they decide to call me back. That isn't always easy to do. I love that I can start my day when I am ready or delay it and even take a day off now and then if I have an appointment and it doesn't affect anyone but me. I work around my daily life
Meet customers by going door to door, wotd of mouth. Catalogues were handed out or shared to show a large selection of products to biy. Or Demos or sampler of products. That was thé best way to sell. The income depended on how much was sold by commissions.
I found out very quickly that to be successful in this business you have to put in a lot of work, more than the average 9-5 type of day. A lot of the work had to be done after hours and on weekends, especially when delivering orders and collecting payments.
Great company to work for but it was many years ago in Quebec. Clean environment , good staff . made carton for shipping products, check quality of product on conveyor , package. Learned time management, what to look for before packaging, learned to work in a team of varied cultures. Work is not difficult and is varied so not boring. Salary is current and equal to the employment position.
I actually really liked working for them. Unfortunately customers really like being able to buy immediately and the stock levels I couldn't keep up with. The hardest part of working for them was needing to make orders every 2 weeks with the small customer base I had.
A typical day at work is making calls to clients and going out into the field and greeting potential clients. Going through the brochure with them before they brought it home to advertise the product better.
I help a family member out when needed. I put labels on books, sort them, and put them in boxes before they go out to be delivered. I've learned to manage my time effectively.
You have to be able to approach people to make a sale . Sometime even door to door , or just drop the catalog at the door. If you are shy this job is not for you.
hard sometimes but always full staffed. people are helpful and you will certainly enjoy the position. i had some great times there. was really fun. have fun.
up to beat and very exciting. learned a lot. high turnover rate but job is light and not too difficult. sometimes it gets intense but you can manage it. push you to your limits and you get growth
This career allowed me to be a single Mom and still work around my girls as they were growing up. We were offered ongoing training opportunities, and the ability to travel.
I have been working in Avon for almost 15 years and I love it not only their products and the people the you meet every day to introduced all the amazing products of Avon. This company allows you to become independent and gives you all the opportunity to achieved your goals to become a successful Independent sales representative, by giving you all the training that you need. And most of all you work at home in your convenient time.
Pros
more incentives
Cons
Your income depends on your sales
  1. Employee reviews